View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-10-2005, 06:35 PM
I am glad everything is going well for you.............. Bandit has a lot of Faerdorn in him aswell...... I would contact the breeder now and let her know what you are doing for this little boy......if she cares about her stock she will be very helpful I`m sure....... then IF! things dont work out for you she may be able to help you rehome him! ....... I would think the breeder would be very upset to hear that one of her pup`s has been passed around.

Good luck ..........
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2005, 06:42 PM
yep i know what you mean if i was the breeder i would hope people would keep me informed, like you have said if things work out and the common contact as in tracey she will know he has a good home at last but if things don't work the more invovled the better chance we can find him a good home that he needs and deserves.
will give her a ring.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

14-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Any contract would be between the breeder and the first purchaser and not binding on subsequent purchasers. However, we know how some breeders can be distressed by not knowing where their pups are, so it would be kind and courteous to inform her of what is happening. There is the chance of course that, if she knows where Jack is now, she may persuade the present owner to return him to her for re-homing. I would contact her, let her get to 'know' you by phone and keep her in the loop so that if your plan to take Jack does not work out you will have her as a back-up.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2005, 09:17 PM
i think the purchaser put the present owners off the breeder..why any ones guess if the purchaser only owned him for a few weeks like it seems maybe they thought they could breed from him then found out it wasn't the case so didn't want him.
it would be an explaination as to why they rehomed him as fast as they did even though its all in the past.
i have told tracey all i know about jack which she will tell the breeder as they are close friends and do live opposite each other but i have told tracey i will give her a ring as well.
which i will do or even pop round, the mum said contact the breeder to the daughter but the daughter has said she would sooner re home him because i presume the purchaser has put her off the breeder.
either way like you have pointed out it could be a safety net for jack if needed plus if i was the breeder i would want to know i will bring her upto speed on jack as tracey knows me well enough and my dogs to put his breeders mind at rest.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2005, 06:11 PM
another update.
i took jack out for a walk today, he pulls like a steam train and is all over the place.
every thing gets his attention he is like a pup i guess because he has never or very little had a walk so it is all new to him.
he met some of the dogs i know on the field and he was fine with them was quite happy to say hello and become friends no grumbles from him etc.
got on the field he thought he was going to be let off so running around like a mad dog, but i had him on a lunge line he did keep track of me if i called him he did come.
he will sit,stand,down put some food and you have his attention.
he met my parents and was happy to say hello to strangers wagging his stump etc.
he is scared of noises will try and run given the chance, i had to cross him over the road to get past the noise, so he is very easy spooked but again i think it is because he has never had it so doesn't know how to re act.
all in all not bad but needs alot of work to get him right because he has never had the training to know better.
i think because he pulled etc they just took the easy way and let him off and it shows.
he was happy with me picking up his feet, when i stopped walking because he was pulling he did look back and come or stopped untill i got level and moved off again.
we are going to get jack and tob together tom for the 1st meet and walk to see what they are like and if they can become friends.
i have sent his breeder a e mail explaining every thing i know and upto now no reply.
to be honest holly is better trained and she is bigger/stronger than him but god does he know how to pull even to the degree he is gasping.
if we do it will take alot of work to get him right but i don't think its impossible case, if he is given the exercise he needs then he should calm down more any way because every thing seems such a big deal to him.
as soon as i took him back he was shut outside in the garden so i went out there to say bye to him he came straight to me and wanted to be fussed. i felt guilty shutting the door on him leaving him in the garden.
now i know the degree of training he needs i am honestly thinking have i got the time to give him the attention he needs with still in the process of getting holly right but at the same time he needs some form of routine and basic exercise to help the training.
he doesn't know much and it will be starting from square 1, i have done it with toby in the process with holly even though she needs more so i could do it with him.
at least i have a better idea of what i am taking on now so the verdict is still out have to see how the boys go.
the owner seems to me as if she isn't as bothered or not as co operative as i thought she would be in arranging the meetings etc to make this happen.
Carole
Supervisor

15-10-2005, 07:06 PM
He sounds a lovely dog If you can train 2 leos to walk without pulling Im sure you can manage another boxer but like you say its have you got the time with Holly still a pup.

Whatever you decide he will end up in a better home than the one he is in at the moment.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2005, 07:42 PM
just had a long call with his breeder, she is 100% behind us and even offered to help introduce the dogs if needed, plus she will take him off us if it came to it and find him a good home.
she told us that his first owner only had him 2 weeks then suddenly they was alergic to dogs.......what a joke.
she knew he had been re homed and kept asking them if everything was ok they told her 1 story but the thruth was another.
she knew if any home or dog was at risk it would be jack and know she knows the rest of the story.
she homed him at 7 months to the purchaser she asked me what he was like which i have told her which upset her of course.
but she said she was glad that he had found us and behind us as his possible new owners, just asked to be kept informed.
like she has said if things don't work out right as planned between us we will find him a good forever home for jacks sake.
she told me that she would keep him but she has the same problem an adult male who can be dog aggressive with dogs he doesn't know.
so by the sounds of it he has a better chance with toby,
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

15-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Like you say it is going to be hard work to get him right, but he sounds like he is responsive to you, so hopefully will learn some manners....... if you take him and find it is to much, I am sure you will be in a better position to rehome him than were he is now!!!!!! good luck , it cant be easy!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2005, 07:55 PM
nope i don't think it will but the fact he is a boxer will help his training.
what ever happens between the boys i won't turn my back on him untill he is in a good home with us or not.
hes a diamond in the rough just needs to be polished what gets me the most if the owners looked into the breed before they jumped in jack wouldn't be in this postion.
dogs dont come trained its time...effort....work with any dog.
all he really wants is some one who will love him understand him and to bond with.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

15-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Thats the trouble, people will see a cute pup, or a bouncy dog playing in the park and think......I want one of those( who can resist a Boxer puppy)...... they have no idea what the breed ( any breed) is like and suddenly ....... they cant cope!.........I also blame some breeders( not having a go at the good ones)..... who sell puppies to unsuitable owners........... I now most breeders will try to make sure the people who buy their pups know what they are getting into .......but sadly not all are like that.......I dont mean that the breeder of Jack is like that, but it does happen.................... I know of one Boxer dredder who "will not" sell a puppy to ANYONE who has not had Boxers before.......
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >