View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Garage just rung battery changed and new starter motor not them so they are fishing around in the electrics. Mark said not to much though as the cars not worth it.
So electrical Mark is wondering if it's the alternator so hoping they find the problem and by closing time.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Well done Barry, big relief for Sue, she is now her own woman again
Enjoy your trip LG, is it Haggis Season already. You'll bag a few I'm sure, hoping the test thingy goes well for you on Monday.
Nothing happening, been shopping, kept checking phone, no news at all. Be an all nighter I think, or they could just be settling in and moving back into position ready to go and we could be pacing for a few days more.
If it was the alternator then nothing would be working, maybe the wiring shorting like mine did and knackering the battery perhaps if not the starter motor,
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
June sounds like there may the patter of tiny paws by bedtime ?
Nice thought.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-12-2016, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Oh I remember that, Harvey. Really sick some people, shouldn't encourage them by laughing at them and paying them vast amounts of money to be a rude boorish individual either.
Thanks June, and Griff and Lynn.

The point is that the whole prank just wasn't funny and not being funny in private is one thing but not being funny with the entire radio audience listening in is really OTT.

Also let's not forget that while allegedly supporting the poor and vulnerable he has amassed sizeable wealth.

Don't like him at all
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
have to return for a Rubidium Scan on tuesday next.
Isn't that something Capt. Kirk used when he was fighting the Borg in Star Trek
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Hope they find what is up with Marks car, I applaud the use of an 'old banger' to avoid getting into debt but sadly they do sometimes go wrong

Have had a bit of run around this afternoon so I'm going to have a quick snooze then prepare dogs dinner, then ours, then return here latter.

Will there be puppy news by that time The suspense is killing me
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-12-2016, 05:11 PM
Thanks all for the good wishes for my northern bound journey.
Well done Tweed on the return of your licence, suspected after you reported on your test that you would get it back.
Harvey! Oh dear! You have been weighed in the balance and found wanting, particulary as regards your Star Trek trivia knowledge. The Mem (who is my resident authority on matters televisual) informs me that The Borg did not appear until Capt Jean-Luc Picard (played by the fine actor Patrick Stewart - a Huddersfied native) took charge. This was during the series Star Trek The Next Generation. The Mem is a bit of a Trekkie!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Evening all.

Cod, peas mash and parsely sauce for dinner and off to work. Watching Pointless and trying to work out who won the £10,000 which it was yesterdays prize money.

Have to say these couple of day are going remarkably slow maybe wanting this holiday more than I realise. But bet for next week - I barely blink and its over.

Well do we have pups yet? and any new on the car front?

Tumlweed -So pleased that your licence if back in your wallet . Weird how not beig able to drive feels like you are trapped...when mine has been unusable following illness like you I have hated it. Being reliant on others is not for me.
GM - safe journey I am a bit of a trekkie too so I will raise my hand with the palm forward and the thumb extended, while my fingers are parted between the middle and ring finger; and say "Live Long and Prosper" to all.
Live Long and Prosper.....
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 05:41 PM
No news on the puppy front as yet.
The Chase has been really poor the past couple of days, the calibre of contestants is cringeworthy
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 05:45 PM
Car back £400 lighter. Turned out it was a corroded wire to the battery. They did test the battery and said that a new one was needed but as for the starter motor they would like to say it needed replacing but couldn't be sure.
He says the power steering now seems more sensitive and the brakes so who knows maybe they have sorted a lot of problems.
It doesn't feel like his heavy old work horse.
Main thing it's back and he has said sorry for moaning and he does appreciate the help financially.
Thing is we now get some decorating jobs done and he doesn't have to physically find the money in the future to pay us back. So were all winners. Fingers crossed now the car is sorted till it's mot in February he didn't get a pre-check done.
He moans a lot as when he is in Harlow two of his friends are mechanics have the tools and the space t do jobs and between them they could of sorted his car in a day or less and for little or no money.
They tend to work on repaying a favour or beer money.
That was the main reason he was so frustrated. He is getting a check on it for mot in January at his friends, friends garage back in Harlow.

Wonder if there will be news of puppies when I get back form going out to tea when Gorden arrives home soon hopefully.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >