View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 08:23 PM
In case you don't find them let me know and I will look out in our charity shops for you,if they have them I can always post them for you.
I love the 3 musketeers sad it's the final series
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
given my general loathing of human kind it does beggar all for my health and temper........................... Despite my protests I actually do like to listen to a good brass or silver band
Yes, and I dare say that after it's all over there will be the usual collection of empty crisp packets and discarded McDonalds cardboard boxes. Just says it all

Yes I also quite like a good brass band. In Czech Republic there were three things they were really good at, brewing lager, playing ice hockey, and brass band concerts especially when accompanied by lovely young lasses dancing in traditional costume.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-05-2016, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
For me there are surely enough good dog trainers in this world (take Brenda for example) who would put on a good show full of info for the general public. But no! They always seem to get a top rate fool who "knows" someone in TV land or is photogenic, full stop.
The media are probably the only proffession where it's not what you know but who you know that counts.

I suppose we should be grateful that someone is making the point that you don't just go out and buy a dog, that you should do some research first. But, as we've seen with the programme about 'puppy farms' the general public is woefully ignorant of what's required for a dog to have a good life.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2016, 08:36 PM
First book for me to read in chronological order (not in published order because he's gone backwards and forwards doing prequels and sequels for Sharpe) is Sharpes Tiger which is set in India, so anyone passing a charity shop please bob in and see if you can find it and I will pop the money together with postage costs over to you.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
I was in a brass band in my much younger years .....................................my mum used to say she rescued dogs from 'idiots who don't deserve any animals '
What instrument did you play Any photos

Well done to your Mum, people who rescue always get my admiration.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Last classes today for a couple of weeks. Will let you all know when I post the last mutterings on the website. Just hope the dogs down in Kent are friendly when we go on holiday but then I just try to be like any normal dog owner. lol!!
Yes please give us the link, I liked reading th elast one. Hope the weather is good for you in Kent and you enjoy yourself.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Steve has gone out for his pre birthday bash at his local club, so I am off to bed. Goodnight all. God bless.
Goodnight Moyra, we always seem to miss each other because I can't get on the computer in the morning and you are often logged off latter in the day. Anyway,hope you get a good nights sleep.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-05-2016, 08:48 PM
Ah Harvey - how right you are "lovely young lasses dancing in traditional costumes". The only thing better could possibly be if they were dancing without them! From purely an artistic point of view - of course!!!!!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-05-2016, 08:52 PM
Lest I am accused of misogony by our more delicate members - may I please point out that last post was for comic effect.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
First book for me to read in chronological order (not in published order because he's gone backwards and forwards doing prequels and sequels for Sharpe) is Sharpes Tiger which is set in India, so anyone passing a charity shop please bob in and see if you can find it and I will pop the money together with postage costs over to you.
I will look for you, we have 4 in town all sell loads of books
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >