View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2016, 07:04 PM
We have sluices too some small the big one is at Denver near Downham market and they divert the river when it floods. there is a place on the way to Peterborough which has been known to flood I think in the 50's it was so bad people were evacuated from the village Thorney. There is a big pump there now i think a gentleman farmer had it built in the hopes it wouldn't happen again.
I think when Gorden was checking for flooding round this way he checked the area as there was a nice cottage there with 1/4 acre paddock but with the headlines about flooding in the past we decided not too look.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Yes I can understand that June. Mark said that Sunday he came to stay he doesn't know if he can be bothered to start again. We wonder now if he will remain single and avoid relationships.
He was very young when he hooked up with Donna paid off all her debts made sure they got a council flat for them and the children worked his socks off for them and then got kicked in the teeth.
Tracey is much better but once again he has walked out with nothing.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2016, 07:07 PM
no, won't be about that....she has only just gone back to greece...very very complicated, she claims benefits and prescriptions in this country but lives in greece with her daughter and has done for over 2 years...she has a house here that she leaves empty, she went back to greece less than a month ago so won't be coming back for the funeral and as she couldn't be bothered to see her sister when she was over i would hope she would have the decency to stay away, she will be ringing to either moan that one of her daughters was told first or to demand to know what happened...i am sure they could call paul if they could be bothered to track him down. She and her daughter are vile people and if she wants to find anything out she could ask one of her other daughters to email my mum..it will be to have a go at my mum..who quite frankly doesn't need it. I swear i have never met a family who are so awful to one another ..me i would just be glad that someone had been in touch to let me know she had gone, them...they will be furious that they weren't told first....phone is unplugged and staying that way, paul has mums mobile, dads family have his mobile and my brother will text one of us
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Oh Gawd, Griff
I had a habit of ending up with nothing except my children, horses and dogs, and sometimes a car I stopped letting anyone over my doorstep in any permanent way at all,my last relationship was 13 years and he only ever came to my house about 3 times!!!! That way the house was always mine, and I had sole custody of the remote control
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2016, 07:13 PM
TW, hope the water passes you by and you are right, peole really need to stop and think about where they are building...generally land is left natural for a reason
Lynn, hopefully Mark will be happy enough on his own but he may well decide that the single life isn't for him after he has had chance to get over what has happened...myself i am on my own and i will be for the rest of my life...serious trust issues here and i figured out at a young age i was best just not bothering..what with attempted murderers alcoholics etc i think i made the right choice Lol
Mandy, wise idea keeping rosie on a lead, the whole of our field is just a bog...even the drier field was soggy which is unusual
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Lol, what with my dads family, my mums brothers and the rest of her family i think i made a very smart move in detaching myself from them.....the stuff that has gone on...i swear if i wrote it down nobody would believe it!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Not what our mum needs griff. Sounds ideal leaving the phone unplugged.
Mark probably will in time meet someone and settle down again 3rd time lucky hopefully.
I think this relationship break up has been a shock to the both of them they seemed so in love. Was looking back at past photos of them. Gorden and I got the photo album of the boys and him and the boys wrong completely wrong. it was one of his Christmas presents we felt it was to build more memories and was maybe trying to break the ice. Little did we realise it was giving him memories of him and the children on fishing trips and holidays as a keep sake.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2016, 07:46 PM
Its lovely he's got that album, Lynn. He may meet someone else, he's still young enought to do that. Personally I've given up on it all, and am loads happier pleasing myself than some other begger
Water level's dropped to below flood level, phew.
Loving Beowulf, there's some fit men in there all with long hair
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Ah long hair. Just been watching Dr Quinn with sully in it. Not sure how to send pic. Just going to watch endeavour. Ttfn.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Reply to this post, then before you click on submit reply scroll down further to attach files, click on manage attachments, then it will open to browse, click on that and it will allow you to copy/paste piccies from your desktop
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >