View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2015, 03:08 PM
i think the fleas can live in the grass for a bit, kind of like ticks so you don't actually have to come into contact with another dog/cat/animal for your dog to get them
TW, oh dear...well a day of whiffing never killed anyone Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Just wanted to get out this afternoon, never mind got afternoon telly on, caught up with Doctors, that Australian thing, now Escape to The Country is on. The Chase is on later, and I've got a computer game to play
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2015, 03:14 PM
Howdy doody folks!
Here I am - fit and well, wallet has had to be PTS, to save it from further pain.
To tell the truth I had a lovely day out in Manchester and amongst the Chrissy folderols and geegaws I acquired exactly what I was looking for and not at an inflated price either, l got home at around 7.30pm, just prior, it would seem to the Mem raising a search party and setting off to find me.
She had expected me some hours earlier and thought that some foul play or beautiful shop attendant had befallen me. Think it would more likely have been the latter, to be honest. There always seem to be a large number of most attractive creatures skipping about Manchester - rather a nice place to spend a day! lol !
So there you have it - mission accomplished and apart from causing the Mem some little mental turpitude, I returned fully laden with bags of all shapes and sizes and a frosty reception soon thawed!
Beside the shopping, I took lunch with an old friend, who's chambers are just off Deansgate. It is nearly a year since we had a chance to sit and chat - there was much catching up to be done - and a great deal of laughing came of it. We have been friends for just short of 50 years, and although it's always handy to have a Barrister on side, it's even better to have a good and dependable friend who has proved his worth on many occasions. One of his clients had the day before suggested that he back a certain greyhound, which the chap owned and was to run the following day, so we sent his Clerk scuttling off to the Bookies to put a bet on for us both it was Trap 5 in the 1.58pm race at Perry Bar and duly obliged winning by some 3 or 4 lengths at odds of 6/4. Paid for lunch and a fair bit of shopping. Just goes to show how honest greyhound racing must be! Urrm!
Well enough of my Manchester meanderings. Brenda - I am told that a large number of the fleas to be found on dogs nowadays are just cat fleas hitching a ride, and they don't need prolonged exposure to the area, fleas are so sensitive to body heat that they have only to pass within 1 foot or so of the little swines for them to leap aboard and make free with their new "home". So any dog that goes outside the home is basically eligible to have these beggars move in.
Will be back later as I'm off to lock everything up for the night, bye fer now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2015, 03:20 PM
TW, i think the beeb have done the dr blake mysteries ar*e about face...they put on a new series a couple of weeks back...well i think it was anew series as i hadn't seen that one and now this week i have already seen them all!! it is still quite good though and craig mcgloughlin is good
LG, well thank goodness you have shown up!!!!!! not surprised the Mem was narked...fancy not letting her know how long you were going to be....bad boy!!! at least you have christmas sorted, i will still be trying to sort it out this time next week at this rate Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Glad to see LG is safe and well and back in the mems good books.
Sorry to hear of the wallet's demise.
Shame you have to wait to use the bathroom June bet it looks lovely though.

Well back from the vet what a star he was again. Temp taken fine heart listened too fine, ears checked, and teeth such a good boy for those and when it came to the emptying of the glands such a good boy. Treats were going in the other end. Not all the time though the one that was fullest did rather take his attention off the treats.
He has some anti-inflammatories for the next few days to take down any swelling that may of and occurred and to help him be more comfortable.
Vet said to give him tinned pumpkin or weetabix crumbled on his food. There wasn't much came out but what did was gritty. No signs of infection or impaction but keep an eye on him but she feels he will be fine now.
He did a little poop as soon as he got out of the car on the drive. Now sleeping. Here's to a better nights sleep for us both.
Some more good news had him on a diet since he was diagnosed with elbow dysplasia and he was 64.7 kg in August he now weighs 57 kgs really pleased with that. She did say it wouldn't hurt for him to lose another kg or two.
Price well have a guess ?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2015, 03:39 PM
WOW well done on the weight loss Lynn. My older girls are touching the 50kg mark, and stolidly resist all attempts by me to trim some of it off, they have more veg than anything these days but can't get a lot off, worse this year because no ones going swimming or for a run on the river, just onlead walks or a run up the tow path and a play with each other.
Why don't you buy a pumpkin, grate it and then steam it, although mine will eat pumpkin like they have melon.
Well done Dillon for being such a good brave boy, hoping this means the vets bill was a small one, bit like LG's wallet ended up
LG we have a greyhound kennels not far from me, used to see them a lot, in fact had one of their retired dogs off them as company for Tawney when Piaf passed away, unfortunately the greyhound had a heart attack one day when we were out, chasing rabbits, and they assured me it was the right way for a greyhound to go. They used to say to me that sometimes their dogs went for a practice run and other times they went to win, apparently if the owner has come a long way, it was because they came to win.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Had thought of that June can you still buy pumpkin as halloween has finished ? If I had known I could of picked some up off the fields that get left behind at harvest cut them up and put them in the freezer.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2015, 04:11 PM
Well you'll know next year won't you, I would have done anyway because I'm like that Worth having a look online to see if anyone sells them out of season
Here you are

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fr...pkin+suppliers
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Good boy Dillon you were a star for your mum.. Vet bill arm £32 as I think I remember your vets are quiet cheap.

Never mind having a wash June just think how nice your floor is looking now

Lol at your Griff making gingerbread and the warm going off.

Good afternoon Gordon sorry about your wallet but at least you were forgiven by the Mem for being late with all those bags you came home with.

Hope the fleas have now departed Brenda and found another home for Christmas.

Still very damp out but have managed to get Teazle out again.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the link June I have 3 farm shops within spitting distance have to go shopping tomorrow so will try those.
Little more than that Sue.
Fleas can live in grass in the Winter if it as mild as it is now.
We were discussing in the vet waiting room how warm it is and it now seems the worst Winter for 50 years (snow) has now changed to the warmest Winterwell Christmas anyway in 70 years.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >