View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-10-2015, 09:10 PM
Thanks Harvey - Glad to hear that if by any chance we should meet - you are definitely not the kissing type.
Think you ought to give yourself a treat and buy that up to date OED. Although the prohibitive thing is not only the price (which I suspect is huge) but the fact that you'd probably have to build an extension to house the thing.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-10-2015, 09:15 PM
You seem to have the hang of dealing with the likes of that unpleasant caller, June. Don't know how they decide who to try to rob/defraud/whatever but count myself lucky that I've never had a dodgy call. Don't even get those annoying PPI calls that seem to be the bain of a lot of people's lives.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2015, 09:21 PM
There are a lot of scams involving puppies. I've had some humdingers, one guy insisted he was in America, wanted a puppy for his son, far far too busy to come over so wanted me to send one. When I asked as to experience etc he refused to give details, but he told me how stupid I was because the puppy was missing out on a good home. er...I Don't Think So somehow
The thought of someone falling for this type of thing and sending a puppy ....somewhere.... sickens me
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-10-2015, 09:37 PM
Fortunately when I had puppies for sale they were always sold by word of mouth. I was far more active in the lurcher world then than I am now and had a waiting list. Also lurchers were nowhere near as common as they are nowadays. There are a lot who seem to think they can make a fortune out of them and produce pups without thought or even a vague concern about the eventual destiny of the poor creatures. Properly raised and vaccinated and vet checked then going to their homes at 12 weeks, you would be lucky to break even - the only profit for me was the joy of raising good pups and the fact that you got to watch them grow and you could pick out the one or occasionally two that you wanted to keep for yourself.
I'm with you - in that I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I'd sent one somewhere I wasn't absolutely sure of.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2015, 09:41 PM
They are so defenceless and dependent on me doing the right thing by them, I am ultimately responsible for ensuring they have a happy fulfilled life and I do my best to ensure that.
I always make sure I report these horrid people and now got the facility to report the number and why, so anyone who looks up the number will find out what they are involved in.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2015, 09:51 PM
Good evening all, I have partaken of 2pints of Carling and am suitably squiffy!! When did I become such a light weight?? Had news tonight that a chap who I knew when I was younger had passed away, lovely fella, bit rough but if he could help you he would
Bloody nuisance phonecalls drive me mental, I have a phone with answer machine now, the number the hospital calls off is either withheld or unavailable...... The number these people call off are the same, I tell my consultant to call my mobile but he has that many patients he forgets
Got dirty dancing on........awwwwwww
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-10-2015, 10:03 PM
Evening Griff - Oooooh! You are Norty! Quaffing quantities of looney soup! Hope you don't get a hangover off such a small amount!
Time for me to pop out with the dogs etc, I will wish you all goodnight and see you tomorrow. Look after yourselves. G.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Lol, nah.....I am o.k with 2pints, 5pints and I am soooooooo sick the next day.....never doing that again. Enjoy your walk
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4