View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2015, 04:37 PM
GRIFF,yes,it's all that kinda celebrations going on here,not that I've seen or heard any,just police presence on the roads is all I've noticed.A lot of peeps head off on holiday this weekend so the place is deathly quiet Be all back to normal tomorrow
Had a fab meal out,food was delish Little bit of shopping,good few shops open in Newry so we went there Could sleep now but I have things to do so I can't
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Griff is he someone who goes like you do to training or a trainer there?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2015, 05:02 PM
he is one of the staff at training
i turned up one week and was the only one there, they had had a chiropracter in the week before to give a talk, they had me walking kota about and one of the ladies noticed a problem with her leg...her leg has always been the same since i had her, doesn't pain her or anything...anyone he started going on about what he thought was up with her and proceeded to basically pull my dog to pieces...she's over muscled..going to have problems with her hips etc etc, she isn't over muscled, she is a staffy or staffyx and is no different to my other dogs... i have done nothing to make any of my dogs that way, in fact i often get complimented on how they look, then he goes on telling all the new people that they are just too bouncy etc, last week kota was tied up in her lead, i was trying to untangle her leg and there was a water bowl nearby.. he inisted she wanted a drink... she doesn't often drink anyway and i told him 3 times, he took her lead off me and told me to calm down! sorry but i know my dog better than anyone, the other week with deags some woman insisted i stop to say hello... i don't like the woman anyway and her dog has had a go at both of mine and of course mine are staffs so who looks bad? mine, anyway he then comes over and the next 5 minutes was spent with people just talking at me going on about posture etc..mine i hasten to add, i walk with crutches, am seriously ill and he has a problem with how i walk...really! just said to my mum wonder what i will do wrong this week, i will get to the point where i just flip and smack him. i only go so the dogs see other dogs and don't grow up with a problem around other dogs...makes me wonder why i try to be responsible
Mandy, hope the chap turns up, fab the men have been and cleared the rubbish
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2015, 05:10 PM
Are there any other trainers? Maybe tell them that because of a clash of personalities you would prefer someone else. If not is there anywhere else you can go? He doesn't sound very professional to me. You pay your fees so he has no right to take your dog from you unless you say he can. They are your dogs. Hm good job I'm not there.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
he is one of the staff at training
i turned up one week and was the only one there, they had had a chiropracter in the week before to give a talk, they had me walking kota about and one of the ladies noticed a problem with her leg...her leg has always been the same since i had her, doesn't pain her or anything...anyone he started going on about what he thought was up with her and proceeded to basically pull my dog to pieces...she's over muscled..going to have problems with her hips etc etc, she isn't over muscled, she is a staffy or staffyx and is no different to my other dogs... i have done nothing to make any of my dogs that way, in fact i often get complimented on how they look, then he goes on telling all the new people that they are just too bouncy etc, last week kota was tied up in her lead, i was trying to untangle her leg and there was a water bowl nearby.. he inisted she wanted a drink... she doesn't often drink anyway and i told him 3 times, he took her lead off me and told me to calm down! sorry but i know my dog better than anyone, the other week with deags some woman insisted i stop to say hello... i don't like the woman anyway and her dog has had a go at both of mine and of course mine are staffs so who looks bad? mine, anyway he then comes over and the next 5 minutes was spent with people just talking at me going on about posture etc..mine i hasten to add, i walk with crutches, am seriously ill and he has a problem with how i walk...really! just said to my mum wonder what i will do wrong this week, i will get to the point where i just flip and smack him. i only go so the dogs see other dogs and don't grow up with a problem around other dogs...makes me wonder why i try to be responsible
Mandy, hope the chap turns up, fab the men have been and cleared the rubbish
Is there somewhere else you can go? This is all so negative and destructive for you. Not a good place to be and i would just walk away. More stress than it is worth and do you need to be there? Far too personal too.. REALLY! HOW DARE HE! Smacking him sounds a very good idea..VERY good idea
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2015, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Are there any other trainers? Maybe tell them that because of a clash of personalities you would prefer someone else. If not is there anywhere else you can go? He doesn't sound very professional to me. You pay your fees so he has no right to take your dog from you unless you say he can. They are your dogs. Hm good job I'm not there.
Opps! I posted before I read this! Ah well, the opinion of two! YOU PAY FOR THIS? WALK! And demand a refund!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Good luck
It is very quiet down here where wee dog is,,I think we are grand....
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2015, 05:47 PM
There are far too many dog trainers who have pieces of paper to their name, but no actual experience, and they are useless.One I used to take my pups to always insisted on eye contact with them,now the worse thing you can do with my type of dog is persist in eye contact, unless they know you very well. To them it is either a challenge or a rebuke, either way you could find yourself on the wrong end of a pair of teeth I am constantly appalled by what I hear about these so called 'training classes'. Took me years to find a decent club. Back in the 1970's I went to a wonderful GSD Club, and I have found a similar one in Bolton, but Oh Boy did I have to suffer some 'experts' on the rocky road to finding them, most of the time I knew more than them, or knew they were giving me duff info and talking out of their backsides, but had to act dumb which I found particularly annoying.
If you can find another one to go to Griff, just walk away, they have no right to make personal remarks and bring you down that way, particularly as you are paying them to make you feel rubbish
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Aww a Griff, I agree with what's been said, I've not been to any classes, so cannot comment on any training folk, but I can tell that this is no way to be treated!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Anyone watching Corrie. Cannot, for the life of me, remember Tracey being married to that bloke who's showed up Mind you, although I remember Bev Unwin, can't remember what SHE did either, or why she left
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >