View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Moyra, you aren't over reacting at all, i am 35, i am ill, i can't do much but do what i can, i don't have lots of money but when i can i will buy my dad a chinese, if i make it to town i will pick stuff up that i think will help out..... that is what i think i should do, it isn't expected of me but is appreciated, Steve is your son, you looked after him as a child and he should look after you now...sometimes you don't need to spend money to make a difference to somebody, even walking Amber would be a help.... he is acting like a spoilt child and you deserve better in my opinion. As for the flat thing, you are right...i think perhaps it would be better for you to have your home and him to have his
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning

Do wish you were better Moyra this has been dragging on too long.

If we don't see you again Twix will send out a search party

Enjoy blitzing the house Nippy.

Poor Lacey all confused with the snow.

Dry and bright here at the moment but looking black towards the east. Still Teazle walked in the dry that is a good thing. Off out furniture hunting when OH gets off his computer as its not for him he is in no hurry!

Stay sae and warm. Hope your dad is taking the antibs Griff and will soon be better.

been there now and got whatever OH wanted. I wanted to look at/try out water beds but thought if we got one we might start drifting apart.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-01-2015, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
(( hugs)) MEG It'll be fine,you'll see...oh Pardon the pun
Thanks Eileen you were right, all ok for now

Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Meg, appointments for eye clinics are so rare. I should have seen my consultant in October, I am still waiting. Luckily the DVLA made me have a eye test for driving purposes a few weeks back and I have had my licence renewed again for another three years from my 70 birthday in February. I hope you get yours sorted.
Thanks Moyra it was the opticians not the eye clinic .After a routine eye test showed raised pressure in both eyes I was called back for a re test and was a bit scared knowing what that can mean .
My Dad was a type 1 diabetic and had a fear of developing glaucoma.
The pressure is the same and although high within tolerance levels so I will be monitored from now on.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2015, 02:32 PM
Glad you're OK now Meg and it has set your mind at rest and you can stop worrying and r-e-l-a-x....deep breaths now. Moyra I agree with everyone else as regards Steve, in fact I've been saying this for a while now - as for him being your son ...mmm...yeah...just remember how it ended for me with MY son.. I turned myself inside out to help him...and what was the result of that....you know as well as everyone else I am STILL paying the price for my being his mother and taking responsibility and trying to help. Tumbleweed...oh dear.....never mind drifting apart, Sue'll be moving to another room if you don't find some new jokes, and quickly. Had a couple of nice walks, hailstorm on the way home with Cariad and Keshi, but had gone and sun out by the time I had Lona and Mabs out. Freezing cold even with thermal socks, gloves, hat etc on. Have cleaned up, put extra shavings down, handed out bones and they're all on a siesta now. Lona is lay outside as its obviously a heatwave out there Off to do shopping after my tomato soup and cup of tea, saved a piece of baguette to go with my soup, but nah rock hard
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 02:32 PM
Meg, I was borderline Glaucomic from early forties until 2 years ago when the said I do have Glaucoma. I am a Diabetic 2, along with all my other problems of osteoarthritis, ckd3 that's chronic Kidney desease phase 3. PTSD is also still lingering as I still have nightmares about the post office hold ups. Find that hard to believe after 23 years. I think it is something I have to live with.

I do hope you get your eyes sorted.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-01-2015, 02:48 PM
Thanks June

Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Meg, I was borderline Glaucomic from early forties until 2 years ago when the said I do have Glaucoma. I am a Diabetic 2, along with all my other problems of osteoarthritis, ckd3 that's chronic Kidney desease phase 3. PTSD is also still lingering as I still have nightmares about the post office hold ups. Find that hard to believe after 23 years. I think it is something I have to live with.

I do hope you get your eyes sorted.
Thank you Moyra living alone blindness is my greatest fear.
My lovely optician says not to worry if the problem progresses it is treatable with eye drops to reduce the pressure. This is the first time I have been to him, he is excellent.
You have certainly had more than your share of illness haven't you ((hugs)). you cope remarkably well...
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Meg my youngest son is diabetic and nearly 4 years ago now he was found to have a bleed behind his eye. He went for lazer treatment virtually every week for 6 months then it went down to once a month, during that period my mother was in hospital dying and I was literally zooming from one hospital to another. Son is fine now, has 6 monthly check ups, they found a slight bleed last time but said nothing to worry about, in fact he is due another appointment at the moment. There is so much they can do now if they catch it early, one of my neighbours actually woke up one morning unable to see out of one eye, and they sorted it out as well, so its not a foregone conclusion that something as terrible as that will happen to you because they are aware and watching it and if there is anything to worry about you'll be seen and something done for you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Afternoon everyone very chilly here. Better get some stocks in the Elaine in case we get snow. Enjoy the long weekend.
Had a lovely visit with my friend Sue. Kept Dillon on a lead and he settled quite quickly on sue's lap for most of the visit then laid nicely with us while we ate our ham roll in he kitchen. She has a mad berner too one of two but not as mad as Dillon.

Hope all appointments went well and everyone is indoors in the warm. Settled with a coffee with a tot of rum in ready for the afternoon film on 5. Gorden home tonight.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 03:29 PM
I hope you all manage to sort out snow, sons and appointments
We haven't had any snow at all and to look out the window you would think it was summer, but go outside and you immediately freeze!
Well not a stroke of housework done! Such a lovely sunny day we went for a drive. The local garden centre has all seeds half price so I got all my flower seeds and Brian got his veggies We had a cup of coffee there and then went to our new Range store that we hadn't got around to visiting. We then came home around the coast road. So many people out enjoying the sun
The housework will still be there tomorrow
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Meg, I am sure you will be ok. I have to put drops in my eyes and have had lazer treatment too to reduce the pressure. My mother went blind from it but that was so long ago and now they are much better fixed to stop the problem progressing. I do wish you luck.

Yes, I have had more than my fair share of testing but they say it makes you stronger. Well I am still fighting it all and am 70 in less than three weeks so. I just have to keep on fighting!

June, I have been onto Shelter and they are going to get someone to phone me to advise me the best way forward! I have spoken to Steve and he says if that is what I want i.e to find him his own home and then my own he will go along with it. I do not think that is what he wants but I said we cannot continue the way we are.
Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »