register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Woke up to heavy rain and t'interweb and phone not working.
Rain stopped around 11 am so got Mabs and Keshi out onto the country park, took a couple of piccies of the swans this time, then got Cariad and Lona out onto the field for a run round and playtime, they are sooo sedate these days compared to the young hooligans, mind you yesterday they were racing round like 2 year olds themselves so maybe today they are in quiet and peaceful mode.
Came home and everything back on again, it was an outside fault, and seen a couple of Sky vans floating about whilst I was out. Never had any problems when I was with 02, I am fed up Sky took the phone and broadband over, its either freezing up or not connecting properly since they took over.
Really pleased to say that Aria's family were finally in touch (can't remember if I said so last night or not) so now got piccies of all of them at 6 months which I will put up.
Hair looks amazing Helena, love the colour and the cut, like something out of a magazine, no wonder she wants to put it up and show off her handiwork, hope they send you a proper car to go home in this time when they collect you
Enjoy your lunch Lynn, hope the rain has stopped for good at your end
Thinking of Nugget and little Mac as well, and hope they are OK and happy within the bosom of their chick family and there are no fallings out.
I could just fancy sitting in the sun eating grapes, had the sun yesterday, and no grapes to hand unfortunately, but the thought is nice
At least its not a boiling hot day at work Bev, and you have all next week to look forward to with Charly and Harley
Happy Birthday Steve, at least he's upright this year, so got to be better than last year
Have a lovely day shopping Nippy, is it boring shopping or will your car be taking you somewhere nice as well. When does Tango arrive now.
Lynne, is it still raining your end or has it stopped, the forecast said it was going to be in all day, but apart from it spitting slightly when I was out it is looking like it has passed overhead. I put off the Car Journey (can't you tell I don't want to do the drive) because of the weather forecast!!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Afternoon all,

I walked the dogs in the sun and then stopped off to vote on the way home. We had a beautiful morning but for the last hour huge clouds have developed and we've had one torrential rain shower which didn't last long but I'm sure will be the first of many looking at the sky now.

I was due out for a meal with a couple of friends tonight but its been postponed as one of them is unwell . Now trying to make other arrangements as I'll have my son here so won't have to worry about he dogs and want to make the most of it.

Mandy I hope Rosie was brave in the rain That is really sweet of you to go with your Mum this afternoon for support.
Moyra My goodness where has the last year gone. I really hope that Steve can finish that job without causing his back more trouble. Happy Birthday to him.
Lynne Whoa lots of thunder here all of a sudden and its gone very dark. I think I was really lucky having a lovely morning here. I hope your boots are ready and I'd imagine that you'll be needing them this weekend
Tang What a wonderful office you have and what a very attractive PA too. I didn't notice her pad and pen but she'd probably just popped that down on your desk. As for Alfi yowling when you are out but in sight ..maybe you'll have to carry her around in a back-pack. That would certainly get everyone talking
Rosebud Wow 50 years!! Does that mean you trim it yourself or do you have mega long tresses
Nippy I think you've blown your showers up our way add oh'boy some of them are heavy!!
Elaine I love your new avatar photo
Helena your hair is looking fab and love that colour

I started this post ages and ages ago but I keep nodding off. Thank goodness I can finally hit submit and let my self succumb to having a nap. See you later.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Helena your hair looks fabulous. SO glossy! Great colour too. Jen would like hers like that but it keeps turning out gingery! (I am surrounded by gingers!)

Dishwasher flooded kitchen again grrrr.
Cat escaped again but let me bring her straight back. It's when she needs the loo - she gets frantic to get out. Not long now though.

I am going to have a glass of pineapple juice and watch some rubbish on telly. I've been up since about 6. Nearly 11 hrs.

Haven't done those bills yet (no surprise there) but have got some other work done and garden is now very tidy too.

Vet tomorrow. Shame I have to go into town. I could have whizzed Henry round. will have to wait until Alfi can go out now. She is petrified of the vac.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Afternoon everyone had a lovely lunch out and then we went back to Michael and Margaret's for a cuppa and a look round their garden and a sit in their swing seat. Left as it started to rain and thunder.
While we were in the cafe they kept calling out a reg number and make of car 4 times they did this eventually someone came in from the shop asking who owned the red mini there were 3 elderly ladies on the table behind us eventually one of them realised it was her car so the lady from the shop said very loudly would you go and open a window for your dog its very hot.

Elaine I hope poor Nuggett didn't get wet.
June gad the internet and phone are back.
Love the hair Helena.

You won't guess what Mark got an interview for next as delivery co-ordinator I think he will be in charge of the team but its less hours than Lidl but in the long run better prospects and got the job. He has taken that one as he has been told he can look on line for extra shifts and the floor supervisor told him he is over qualified for the job and she reckons he will be stolen very quickly for elsewhere in the store.
These hours are set and so more regular than Lidl too. He will be able too look for other hours elsewhere. Unless like he has been told he may well be snapped up quickly for elsewhere in the store full time. So pleased he is at last able to think about earning a wage even if only part time for a while and get them back on their feet.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon everyone had a lovely lunch out and then we went back to Michael and Margaret's for a cuppa and a look round their garden and a sit in their swing seat. Left as it started to rain and thunder.
While we were in the cafe they kept calling out a reg number and make of car 4 times they did this eventually someone came in from the shop asking who owned the red mini there were 3 elderly ladies on the table behind us eventually one of them realised it was her car so the lady from the shop said very loudly would you go and open a window for your dog its very hot.

Elaine I hope poor Nuggett didn't get wet.
June gad the internet and phone are back.
Love the hair Helena.

You won't guess what Mark got an interview for next as delivery co-ordinator I think he will be in charge of the team but its less hours than Lidl but in the long run better prospects and got the job. He has taken that one as he has been told he can look on line for extra shifts and the floor supervisor told him he is over qualified for the job and she reckons he will be stolen very quickly for elsewhere in the store.
These hours are set and so more regular than Lidl too. He will be able too look for other hours elsewhere. Unless like he has been told he may well be snapped up quickly for elsewhere in the store full time. So pleased he is at last able to think about earning a wage even if only part time for a while and get them back on their feet.
very good news re mark..well done.

was chatting with a fastway courier driver this week; he is quitting as they have to work 14-16 hour days, he was the thinnest young man you ever saw ...barely left a shadow and bones sticking out everywhere.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-05-2014, 02:50 PM

Having read all the way through and completely forgotten who has said/done what - apart from the photos of your hair Helena, which is an absolutely glorious colour - I hope there have been no disasters and that all are well.

I had hoped to take Da Booga out again but it has gotten extremely hot since our outing this morning so I will try a bit later - if it cools down a bit. She is flonked by the door, as usual, so probably this morning was enough for her, especially after yesterday's excitement.

Two lots of washing done, dried, folded and put away, and what I want to know is that if only two articles have pockets, which I made sure were empty before putting them in the washing machine, how come there was shredded tissue everywhere when I took them out of the dryer?

My neighbour popped in earlier to say that the latest lot of Xrays of her wrist were still "inconclusive" so she now has to go for an ultrasound on it plus a CT scan but her Health Fund are messing her about. For some unknown reason she changed from the Health Fund that runs our little clinic here, so has to go into town to see a doctor - had she stayed with this HF her wrist would have been sorted straight away. I do feel sorry for her as she is obviously in pain, but she has gone away again to one of her brothers and has spent most of the time there since she fell, so she is being well looked after.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Afternoon Malka. Those tissues get everywhere.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Well done Mark. It's Sod's law isn't it? You manage to get one job & then others come out of the woodwork Sounds as though it's better prospects for this one though.
Love the hair HELENA. You've done well with a one handed selfie as well.
The rain stopped here as well JUNE. It's not brightened up much though but at least we could get out without getting wet. We went for a walk up to the vets to make an appointment for tomorrow for Taff's boosters for when he goes in the kennels next month. I put my Re-heeled boots on JENNY. (I'll get another few hundred miles out of them now )The grass was still very wet
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 03:37 PM
We had one hell of a cloud burst and it just tipped it down and now the sun has come out and I was able to walk Amber before it starts again. Put a couple of home made cottage pies in the oven, hopefully Steve will be home soon, although I know he wanted to finish the job today leaving just the grouting to do tomorrow. Not much of a birthday for him.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Lynne I thought selfies were ALL one handed jobs? I've only done two and the second one I did with cam facing away and just held it up above my head and took a photo of the mirror lol!

Lynn that is FANTASTIC news about your son's job prospects. You must be feeling much more relaxed about it now. Well done that lad. I'm sure he will go onward and upward once he gets his foot in a door.

Moyra can you please fax me over a home made cottage pie? Ain't had one since I made one for Martin last October when I was over looking after him.

Mmmmmmm

(I am sat outside in my skimpy nightie thingie as I am sweltering after walking Bella, bathing Bella, changing my bed)

I will be giving Yolanda a ring for any further houseworky stuff before my sis gets here on the 31st.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >