Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Afternoon all

Cracking picture of you and Martin there Pat, you look gorgeous in that pic, but it's the lovely new hair that has done that for you, looks fab, all windswept, soft and silky, lush Glad to hear you've recovered now, it usually takes all morning from what I can remember lol.

Enjoy having your friend round Moyra, hope she cheers you up and you can muster up something nice to eat.

Zena's very quiet today, I can't put my finger on it, she's not hopping lame, but she's not right the way she goes up on the top and back down again. She was fine on our walk and I didn't throw the ball once, same as we didn't all week-end. I don't know if it's her guts or her shoulder playing her up, just can't make it out. I didn't take her for a 2nd walk, I'm going to rest her today. She got the monkey out, but couldn't play tug with it, so that tells me something, she just wanted to squeak it to death today.

I couldn't believe the schools have gone back today, wish somebody had told me, cos I assumed they'd have another week off, and I made the big mistake of going out up the top at the wrong time with the school run, but luckily somebody had pity on me and let me out.

Went to Bexhill to B&Q for my strimmer thingies, and popped into the new big M&S they've built there and bought a nice pair of white jeggings, so if we're going out to lunch on Sunday with our friends, then that is what I'll wear with some killer heels and my new dusty pink jacket and necklace. Dunno what top yet, but I've got a lovely scarf that matches the jacket anyway, so probably opt for white.

Sun has decided to come back out, and I hope it stays long enough to dry this line of washing out, cos I've now added to it.

Can't remember what anybody said today, but I have read through, but for the moment, I'm more concerned with Zena and hoping she'll have a nap and wake up all better. Such a worry these dogs when we just don't know what's wrong with them. If I go to the vet I know he'll tell me off. It could be the way she looned around on the big rugs in the hallway when we had a visitor Saturday afternoon, she went so mental the rugs went flying and that can't be good for dodgy shoulders and legs can it. They've got anti slip things plus those new gripper gels under them, and they're very big and heavy, but nothing can stop them being Zena'd!

Hope you've got the sunshine too now, it was a really rubbish morning
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Afternoon to everyone who has appeared since I clocked off to do the house work and brush the dog. He will be covered in bits and dust soon though as no matter how many times I sweep that patio he seems to find muck.

Hope you enjoy your friends visit Moyra.
June sorry you are in so much pain hope it eases soon with rest.
Lynne bet your hair looks nice. We'll forgive you making it rain.
Lovely picture Pat. Wonder what those dreams meant. I had some weird disturbing ones too last night.
Poor Zena Helena sounds like she has over done it they never learn though do they. Dillon is mopey today always is the first day Gorden goes back and of course he has been here longer this time round. Think I better glue my rugs down Friday evening.

Going to watch Jamaica Inn and email Mark.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 12:26 PM
TW,have such a laugh on here sometimes
TANG,please keep the hair like that,you look fab
HELENA,hope ZENA is ok,we know when something's just not right with our own,don't we?..(( hugs))
JENNY imagine in the back of an ambulance Ah,thank goodness everything is ok,baby number four Rather her than me
Have done loads in the garden,re-arranging,moving pots( I know I shouldn't ) having a bit of a sort out generally
Promised mum I'd take her to Debs tomorrow so not get much done tomorrow,apart from shop!
Was topping my plants up with new soil and trying to keep Lacey's head out of the bag As soon as I turned my back she was straight in there giving it some!! Wee monkey has a dirty gob now
Coffee break over,back to it,don't want to say the R word but it's looking very like it Well,I do have a mac and wellies
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-04-2014, 01:02 PM
Hope Zena is OK and maybe a bit stiff after all the zoomies she did, probably collided with the wall a couple of times, but it is strange isn't it
Still raining on and off here, so am having it as a day off, I deserve it anyway, maybe a likkle trip to Asda to see if there are any Easter Eggs that are going cheap or maybe even cheep cheep lol
You'll enjoy Jamaica Inn, Lynn. I don't think you made it rain Lynne because it was raining before you went to the hairdressers, its when it rains just before you LEAVE the hairdressers that its YOUR fault
Like you Eileen, I think 4 children AND a dog grooming business is WAY over the top, and better her than me.
Although I have to say Jenny, giving birth in the ambulance does show she was in a hurry to get back to grooming the dogs, probably more peaceful lol
Well, there's stuff I should and could be doing, hoover the stairs for instance, but I think more painkillers and a look round Asda is going to be easier on the ole bones
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Sorry you're feeling ouchie TW no point saying have a rest,be like telling you not to breath (( hugs)) hope you feel better soon xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Mandy - I hope you feel better quickly and June, I hope the pain eases.

Malka - I hope Pereg stays fit-free for you.

Pat - what a lovely photo of you.

I dread all these falls. I'm surprised we haven't spent more time in A&E, unlike some of your kids on here, by the sounds of it. Once for each so far.

Steve came home for lunch to see Loki and I made him a yummy warm baked baguette with Piri Piri chicken, sun-dried tomato, fresh tomato and leaves.
Poor Loki is still a bit dodgy. He wouldn't eat his breakfast today and was walking a bit uncomfortably. I think it's improving a bit though.

School run shortly and it's raining now again. I hope they give Carys her violin today so I can have a go.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-04-2014, 01:19 PM
I am resting today, so that shows it does hurt - a lot, even my hands hurt lol
Girls will be OK not going out for one day, they're a bit put out by it, soulful looks from big brown eyes.
Going to get changed and take myself off to Asda and the shops for a walk round, then home again.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Morning all.... or afternoon depending on which side of the Atlantic you are!!!

Hope that Zena and Loki are both feeling better soon, pleased to hear that Lacey is ok! and hope Moyra benefits from her dip in the Irwell.

Well just had to call Lloyds TSB at 6am in the morning.. they were SO unhelpful, I am so frustrated with them, anyway not a lot I can do, and no one is trying to steal my money but still! Customer Service meh!!!!!!

Today I am meeting my friend with her 2 mad dogs!! for a walk! and that is all I have planned having done my shopping etc yesterday, got a few clothes to drop into the clothing bank thingy too!

Last night Tilly managed to spill the tray that catches the grease under the BBQ all over her head (Mr M was out grilling) so she had sticky greasy crap all over her head took ages to clean her up and she still smells greasy, Daisy loved it and kept licking her head!!!

Dogs - good job we can laugh at them!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 02:47 PM
good job that grease was cool DD..oh that could have been a disaster..have visions of Tilly covered in hard Lard!! Been quicker to give her a blast with the hairdryer
Wee bit of sad news regarding horses in the field next to me
Tractor and horse box pulled up,three men.Did intend having a word about the muck they leave behind as they were there an hour earlier feeding them but didn't have the heart then
Apparently a foal was born earlier and one of the horses, a stallion I think kicked it and of course it died Men were there to pick it up,they said it was a gorgeous looking wee thing too...ah bless
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Thats so very sad usually the mare is able to protect the foal and they have them tucked away in a corner under hedge or something, all my foals were born in fields full of horses and never had anything like that. Poor little thing.
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »