Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Half term holidays - eurghh!

Oh well, yours, like mine won't suffer much from being kept away from their usual BRILLIANT walk routes.

You know, Bella would probably be reasonably happy just walking round the streets as she is interested in EVERYTHING. 'Tis me who probably get the most enjoyment out of finding the lovely solitary and scenic places to walk her.

Mind you she does love the water. Doesn't stop at the 'edge' doesn't break her prancing stride, just continues on, straight in until deep enough to swim. Looking for all the world like a little river rat.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Hi guys,

H, sounds like you had a nice time with the hairdresser,, what a shame about the Labradoodle going for Zena.

Madmare, I hope you get your fridge sorted out.

TW, I love the photo of your expectant mum, she looks gorgeous.

I've had a relatively busy couple of days. Studying for the most part, passed my weapons test the other night, got caught up with the studying, been busy at work, bought tons of stuff for Halloween, so might carve out the pumpkin later.

Just got to get some cadet bits done too, got an instruction to write and some other stuff too.

So busy evening planned.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Lore, I've gone all faint after reading what you've done .....I need to lie down I think ......
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Lore! Do let us see your pumpkin effort when it is finished.

My youngest son does some brilliant (if rather strange) ones!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Just spotted Helena slipping in there!

Yes there does seem to be a 'pall' hanging over the forum right now. I think AZZ is trying to address that with his multitude of new posts in all the new 'Aggro' sections lol! Perhaps now Bev's had a wash more people will risk coming in?

I am trying to imagine you looking 'Chavvy' nope! can't manage that!

Glad you have reasonable neighbours who sorted the problem. Phew!

Good outcome with Zena and the labrathingy and the little boy. I sympathise coz Bella barks at GSDs (because obviously she is very STUPID as it is only a GSD that has ever done her any physical damage!)

Ahem Helena - I might mistakenly identify people but I NEVER leap on their backs lol!

Stain devils do a grass stain remover version. T'ain't worth it - take it from me - buy new clothing instead! I ruined formica worktops rubbing that into a pair of my lad's chinos once upon a time. Yeah it got the grass stain out but the worktop was ruined forever.

While in the UK I too heard that they should expect the WORST winter ever following the BEST summer ever! Hey ho we will see.

I'm feeling semi saintly having knocked off quite a bit of 'work' but would be feeling totally saintly if I just paid the outstanding bills online and updated the XL spreadsheets. But altho' it is not a hard job I bluddy hate doing it so it will wait.

I did get around to emailing someone I was dreading emailing and had been putting it off. She'd bought a Radley bag for me in the UK but didn't get the exact one and also wouldn't be able to bring it in Nov as planned but not until January. I felt bad telling her I didn't want it but did so and said that if she could not get a full refund I would still buy it and give it to Jen but that it wouldn't be that much use to her as she needs BIG bags these days.

Just got a response from her saying no problem she is taking it back tomorrow. PHEW! Didn't really want ANOTHER expensive handbag I'd hardly ever use!

*stupid thing is I almost always just use my canvas dog walking bag and hardly ever use my 'nice' ones apart from when in the UK or the kids are over and taking me out but am still a SUCKER FOR HANDBAGS! Old habits die very hard!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Hi Lorraine, oh please tell me what was involved in your "weapons test"?? I have lethal weapon 3 but he's at work atm!!!!

Hi Pat, yes I snuck in when you weren't looking. Zena wouldn't mind Bella barking at her, lots of darks bark at Zena, but if they're friendly, then she totally ignores them, never, ever retaliates, maybe she knows they're just scared of her, but woe betide one that barks at her with aggression

Just heard from my lovely journalist lady from the magazine cos they were worried about my caravans during the storm she said she thought of me on Monday. She's such a lovely lady, we seem to have started an e-mail relationship here, but then as yer know, I'm always happy to chat

Better ring old Dave now and see how his day's gone. I've just ironed all those new curtains ready for the van, so that's another job out of the way. Tomorrow I will go up and do the change over for it even though I have no guests until next week, at least it'll be done then.

Zena's gone all miserable on me, lying here with her ball up against her nose, cos I've been busy ironing and not paying her any attention. She's so hard done by this dog of mine NOT!

Hi Sally for when you pop in later with all the goodies and your fab soh I do hope we've got Corrie tonight. It seems to be Tina, Tina and more Tina atm doesn't it and I can't stand the way she talks to people and looks everywhere but at THEM, it's so darn rude imo Her acting leaves a lot to be desired too, but maybe Mark will teach her how to act better once he's married her - big mistake imo, but hey ho, each to their own, it shoulda been me, but sadly I'm already spoken for lol!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Bev did you get hold of Lyn by text I wonder. I hope you are getting sorted out now, well done to your neighbours.

TW lovely photos of Mabs she is looking well.

Helena so glad you were pleased with your hair colour. I am wondering whether for the first time in my life I ought to have a colour. I have what is known as a Mallon streak. A white streak of hair on my right temple. If anyone has read Catherine Cookson they will know about the Mallon Streak. Apart from that the rest of my long hair down below my shoulders is still quite dark brown almost black.

Jenny is Rucksack's paw better? Is the claw gone now?

Lore, my word, well done on your achievements.

Malka, hope you and Pereg are feeling better tonight and have a good night. God bless you both.

Hope everyone has a good evening, God bless.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Helena

Bella's barking at GSDs is more of a 'look mum! there's one of those dogs that had a go at me!' lol! She isn't in the least aggressive, not towards other dogs, cats, birds, chickens, kids - anything!

Just heard from my lovely journalist lady from the magazine cos they were worried about my caravans during the storm she said she thought of me on Monday. She's such a lovely lady, we seem to have started an e-mail relationship here, but then as yer know, I'm always happy to chat
How nice is that! I like that!

When you mentioned Zena going all misog on you I looked down to check on Bella (who has taken to lying by my feet) but she's p*ssed off somewhere and I can't actually see her!

Corrie? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Had to delete cos it was still posting, then I lost it, luckily I had copied it, so posted again and now I see that it already came up anyway?? Who's going mad heere then me or Dogsey???
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Evening everyone I have had a sort of speed read through the thread through rather bleary eyes. (I cannot say anything really until Monday, but you may all assume that it is not the best of news and it concerns SIL and daughter, and of course grandsproglet.) I will reveal all after the weekend when it is permissable to do so.

In the meantime, you lot are keeping the old spirits up with your silliness!!

H old beanster - Zena is such a treasure isn't she. After that unnecessary aggro she is totally unaffected and unfazed; the sign of a very well adjusted doglet in my humble (and probably outdated) opinion. As for the wretched fly that disrupted your nap, SNAPeroony.........I tried for a few moments zizz yesterday afternoon and in came a bluebottle. Why do they have to make such a racket Jimmi hates them, and either runs a mile or stays to fight. Yesterday he stayed to fight, and after being jumped on for the fourth time, as he tried to catch it on it's endless way to the window to try to bash it's brains out, I gave up and went back to reading a book!

Nothing yet from Lynn?

TW, I love the pictures of Mabs blowing up like the proverbial balloon. Not long now

I have smoked rather too many ciggies today (a shame, as I had nicely reduced to almost nothing), and am going outside for yet another one so there I do have a reason though. Does one ever stop worrying about one's children??

Corrie soon.
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »