register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2013, 02:21 PM
She is very neat and tidy, they are all carefully put in the corner and buried in the shavings. I wish I could leave them longer, poor girlie, Elf and Igene say Not A Good Fing, so they have to be whizzed. Am leaving her with them as long as possible though.
Pouring down now, looked outside and Cariad and Keshi are lay out in the rain all very comfortable like they are sunbathing
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Well I think we have had it all this morning, thunder, lightning, torrential rain and gales. It's all stopped now and the sun is out but I hear there has been a fair amount of flooding in the region.

We bought some blackboard material from Lidl last week, so hubby has just cut a piece of hardboard and made Kyla a blackboard. She loves drawing (jawin as she calls it!) so she will love that when she comes on Sunday.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Well took Bella to the vets today for her booster - but as the paperwork is none sketchy to say the least regarding her inoculations have decided to start again so back again in 2 weeks for the other one. We went into the vets and a bit of a queue which is unusual but apparently they had had an emergency in a dog run over. They had rung me but I had left already so in the waiting room - one English bulldog (really nice and friendly) a cat in a carrier, an elderly beagle 17 (gorgeous old girl called Bracken) and then in came a patterdale terrier all hyper....but Bella was brilliant she just sat and waited and the vet actually said "she is the nicest natured dog I have dealt with in the last maybe 2 weeks"

So I am chuffed to bits all my hard work is paying off and she is behaving as I would want she stood in the vets as she has learnt just waiting for a treat from my pocket and gave the vet Staffie kisses.

Well chuffed.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Well done Bella and Kazz.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Omg I'm cold! It's just +1C right now. And damp cuz of the fog. I might have to quit smoking as I can't seem to get used to the cold... I must be getting old lol.

Wanted to update you all on Mouse. She is now afraid of the lamp when it's on and curtains in my room. I think her eyes are def. getting worse. I'm trying to get her comfortable with them, but she refuses to get close and she is always giving them very strange looks. It would be cute, if it didn't signify going blind.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Ah poor little girl
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Afternoon all,

I had a lovely catch-up with my friend who ended up staying nearly 3 hours (for coffee) she didn't want any lunch so by the time she left I was starving. I've just managed to get the dogs out again for a quick wee break after their meal. Apart from two heavy showers we too haven't had the rain forecast ... maybe later I've just sprinkled a little Thornit down the boys ears as Rucksack had one smelly ear so thought it best to sort it before it becomes a problem.

Helena - I'm sure those curtains will look lovely and shouldn't need replacing for years surely. I must admit I was really relieved by the time I'd finished the last of the kitchen chairs. I've got a modern Toyota sewing machine but I still prefer and use my Mum's (and probably my grandmothers before her) old manual Singer machine which is just fab. I too wasn't sure about 'digital penetration' and asked my OH who informed me what it was and that it didn't refer to a telephone He also wondered what on earth I was reading ... so told him you'd asked what it was
L.S. - Oooh that description of Loki cleaning his claws makes me go all funny ... like hearing a blackboard rubber on a board I hope he's remained OK today. Hope you find the remote control
Lynn - Had you forgotten about the claim? Or were you at the vets to chase it up as well as get the food? Hopefully, it will get paid asap now as its slow late. Solicitors seem to work at a ridiculously slow pace and I just wish they'd sometimes pick a phone up not insist on everything being done in writing. It sounds a little as though your buyers have been stalling so it will all tie in with them coming to the end of their contract.
Taffsmum - What a relief that the awful weather that was forecast didn't arrive but it is annoying isn't it as I too stayed local just in case. What a shame about you not putting a reserve on ebay .... hopefully the bids will increase. We've made that mistake a few times
Nippy - I did think of you when I watched the forecast at lunch time .... horrible weather you've had. Oooh Kyla will love her own little blackboard won't she. Every small childs dream. I bet you'll be helping her though and drawing a few masterpieces that you won't want rubbed out.
Kazz - What a star Bella was at the vet and I bet you were so pleased and proud of her. .... well done.
June - Will this be Mabs' first litter? It does sound very hopeful though doesn't it If she is they'll be due around my birthday so I'm hoping to have one named after me ... maybe not, jenny isn't a very wolfie name Poor Mabs stashing her bones only for you to take them away again. Is she still off her food then? As for two of your girls lying out in the rain ... just shows what fantastic coats they have. Its been really mild here today in spite of the showers.
Harvey - I wish we'd have just one heavy frost as it would kill off the harvest mites, but its so mild here ... around 20 degrees just grey and drizzly.
Malka -I hope you got the restful day you were hoping for.

I'll pop back in later.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Hi Nutters
So great to see NORMA was back this morning..I missed her Thats as far as I got cause I need caffeine Will have a cuppa and a catch up.Hopefully there's news from PAT
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Jenny, it will be her first litter yes, she is a bit younger than I would have liked really, but have got an ever increasing list (another one rang today, then went round to see someone and they had someone who wanted to go on my list, so I need to speak to them as well) and some of them have been on there a very long time now.
I have got some names already because Mabs is Faerie Princess so all the girls will have Faerie in their names, but you can pick which one is which if you like and if you come up with a Faerie name that I haven't got then we can go with it. HEY whadda birthday pressie you could HAVE eh watches as Jenny runs out and dives into the Thames and swims over to the island to get away
Have only got Keshi outside now, but saw Lona stood there a bit ago when I was doing their veg for their tea (free flow tripe tonight) and Cariad was nowhere to be seen, maybe she was doing ante natal classes with Mabs, who knows
I remember my mum had the old Singer treadle machine, then she had it electrified, no idea what happened in the end, she made all my riding jackets for me for years.
Not sewed for ages but you and Helena have given me a little bit of yearning, but thank goodness it won't last.
I don't envy Helena with all those curtains, and Jenny, bless you re-covering the chairs, what a nightmare that must have been, I wouldn't know where to start!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2013, 05:08 PM
I thought it had been paid jenny. It only came about because the practice manager brought up the account for the receipt and realised it hadn't been paid.
I am surprised if Tom and Lisa are stalling as they would be happy for their their rental period to end early even if they lose money.
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »