register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Thinking of you today Helena, and a Very Happy Birthday and Happy New Teef as well, so you can always say you're as young as your teef now once you've used the Clinique cream stuff and you regress to a 20 year old
Was wondering where you were last night Lynn, kept expecting you to re-appear, then it got late, and I know you turn into a pumpkin sooner than i do, so assumed something of World Importance (Gordon coming home ) had occurred.
Glad the boys in blue (well its all black combat gear over here nowadays actually, don't know about Ireland) are aware of whats gone on, seen the video, interviewed the neighbours, and are now off to see the 'perp' Like you say he's hardly gonna admit to anyfink is he, but you have hard evidence of something going on, so he can waffle all he likes but what can't speak can't lie as Vera Duckworth used to say. Fingers crossed that keeps him away from your door. I'd send a Norty over to Guard you, but they don't do much of that. Last night when Mac came to collect Cruz, he knocked on the door, and Lona got up and 'LOOKED' but that was it, she just gave the door a hard stare, and settled down back to sleep, Cariad gives a single WUF, then she goes back to whatever she was doing but they look the part, no one is going to risk it when they see 4 'wolves' all giving them a good looking at
Lynn, maybe its the last throes of his testosterone before it finally disappears, he is still very young though and is bound to be a bit flighty still.
Lore I hope they do the butterfly sutures on poor Davy's leg, you would think the stitches would have held, I mean say it had been a surgical procedure and they burst, doesn't bear thinking about really. Enjoy your unexpected day off, hope the weather is dry where you are, they are forecasting rain later on here.
Sounds like you had a lovely evening Jenny, I love Italian food and the little family Italian places are always better than the big shiny ones for some reason. Hope your feets are better today.
Glad your bp is as it should be today. No wonder you get high BP, it makes you have high BP going to have it checked doesn't it.
So how many do we have in sick bay today, obviously Helena, but she has brought her own luxury bed, so only the space it takes up, we're having to jam all the single beds together here!!!!
Have got a plan organised for today, which should have been started about an hour ago really, but I've been lazing about and on the phone etc. Lona and Mabs (in season) on the river, Cariad and Keshi onto the field for a run round and a bit of a training session. Then I need to get the dog sheets off Jackie's line before the rain comes in this afternoon, and wash all the dog sheets that I had on the carpets because Lona was in and in season
Then I will do nuffink. Have a nice day everyone
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Lynn - he's calm inside, it's just outside. Sometimes he's worse like this before he has fits but not always. Sometimes he's just like it anyway. He's just Madlad.

Michael has been watching phonic songs on You Tube and it's driving me mad. "A is for apple, a-a-apple" etc. Argh!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2013, 11:24 AM
TW, his stitches were out, the problem was that the wound was still a bit fragile and he was told no mucking about till it was a bit tougher. Of course, being a boy...he went off and well...mucked about. Silly boy. So now we are just waiting to see the nurse.

On the plus side, although it's raining, it's giving me an opportunity to finally finish the TMA and get rid of it. Over the 2000 word mark now and I seem to be into a stride so hoping I can get rid by midnight.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2013, 11:26 AM
LS,he sounds like a smart little lad
TW,would love to have a nortie come and stay Doubt I'd have any unwelcome visitors then
Security camera is being fitted at this moment,has all the bells and whistles,was kinda hopeing for a little attached machine gun but that's not happening Has a little portable monitor you can take anywhere round the house and keep an eye on outside...happy now
Gonna paint today,my room and spare room
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Afternoon June. I am thinking that too re: Dillon and the testosterone. He is doing his nibbling you bit as well which he had stopped. In the end I brought him in and he settled.

Enjoy your time at the river.

Well grab your bits I am back from Lidl just. I underestimated the amount of light things how much they would weigh combined and the amount of bags I would need to carry. lord I thought I was going to have a coronary. In the end I swallowed my pride realised I am getting an old lady and had a very strong young son at home today doing nothing so rang him and he came to the rescue. Thank goodness he was about I would still be struggling home otherwise.
Off to pack it away have a cuppa do the hoovering then watch the last of Rosalind or is it Rosamund ? Pilcher I know its not pilchard. 50 shades of ........................... .................................................. ...... .............

no its not grey its love on channel 5.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Eileen, I am glad you have a camera now, have you got security lighting? If not, might be worth investing cause the dark nights are coming in.

Just had some lunch, and gradually increasing the word count...found another bit that can get chucked in there.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Afternoon all,
I usually drive down to get a paper first thing but we decided last night that from now on we are going to walk the dogs down each morning to the nearest newsagent (approx 2 miles away) which we did today. The dogs loved it and were so good which was just as well as OH isn't really in to walking the dogs as "they stop to sniff all the time" ....

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
jenny.g
Your celebratory meal and evening sounds just great! You should have left out the details about the gastric upsets - ruins your jet set image lol!
Ha, ha .... I did not have a gastric upset just felt a bit worse for wear Fine now but still feel full. I'm not surprised that the Muslin chap wasn't happy about having a dog in his flat ... they are unclean!!
Lynn - Isn't it awful how we rely on cars and take them for granted when we have them, and are lost without them .
June - In spite of being late starting your 'plan' I hope you got everything done.
Nippy - I'm glad your BP is coming down.

I can't remember anything else I've read at the moment. I'll probably remember as soon as I press submit.

I'm just going to go and cut the grass before it rains. I'll be 'with you' Helena at toof-hurty..... not long and it will all be over shortly.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Helena, we dont have sugar maples here, they're only in the east, and I've never seen them in person. And Lynn, you wouldn't catch me living in Manitoba. To hot and humid in the summer, (not to mention the bugs! ) and way to darn cold in the winter. Alberta is very mild in comparison!

Lore, Mouse is a very determined little 11lb dog!

Everyone sounds alot more upbeat today! I hope it stays that way!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Lynn
I ended up driving to Lidls as they stay open a bit longer on Weds, so it doesn't get so hectic in there. Bought loads of salad stuff and some prosciutto ham, ciabatta bread and tons of drinks. Just made myself an enormous salad and couldn't finish it. I was very good in Lidls and didn't buy a single thing from all the gizmos they sell in the middle of the store.

Lucky Star
lol!
H is for hello, h-h-h-hello Luckystar!

Helena
clinique anti ageing cream eh? I'd have been tempted to get a teaspoon, open it, smell it, say 'mmmmm' and start eating it! (And thank him for being so thoughtful as he knows you cannot 'chew' at the mo!)
You wisely bought yourself the best pressie - a nice bed. I thoroughly approve - I'm built for comfort not speed these days and I don't give a fig about the wrinkles. They are my 'badges of honour' mate.

TW
I should think just a photo of your dawgs would be enough to deter intruders!

Eileen
Turning your place into Fort Knox then? Admit I missed the early detail of this palaver but assume someone has been lurking around outside?

I am feeling strangely tired. Did some more work but am working with bad photographs that make product colour shades hard to identify and it was mesmerising me and giving me a bluddy headache!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2013, 01:10 PM
As I walked out the front with Cariad and Keshi, Nigel the gardener turned up with a strimmer, and said Stay There, ran back to his van and returned triumphantly waving 2 door locks, I've given him a card with my number on (have given up all hope of him ever answering his phone) he says he is fed up of coming round and I'm not in....fingers crossed I may have new locks by the next millenium
Very very fine rain here which had set in before I went out, washing on Jackie's line will be sopping wet, so am leaving it where it is, only dog sheets anyway, and I've got loads of old sheets and duvet covers to spread over the carpet when I have great hunking 'wolves' cavorting through the house.
Did some training with Keshi, have got her to go 'away' by throwing a treat, can't get her to do a down from a distance, but she is doing a good stop on the recall. Cariad is absolutely perfect on it, despite me never doing very much at all with her these days. So we came home then and took Lona and Mabs on the river, so they had a good time running around and playing in the river. Came home and yard and kennels had a massive clear out, because the Honeymoon Suite stank, and there were about a zillion bones buried in the shavings in the living quarters of the big kennel. Smells lovely now, fresh shavings down, bleach and disinfected the yard and they are all chomping on new bones. Have clonked my head twice so far within a half hour
We all seem to be very industrious today I must say. Lynn you'll have to get Dillon a backpack to carry shopping thats what I do with Cariad and Lona and just started Mabs on carrying one. Lost count of the number of people who stop me and tell me I'm cruel. I tell them when they work as hard to keep me as I do to keep THEM then I am cruel
Off to wash hair and clean up and then make a brew, bacon and cheese buttie I think, and sit down for a while
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »