View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 11:29 AM
So a friend of mine from cadets has recommended a Munro's and Corbett's wall chart so I can track my progress. There's loads, Munro's, Corbett's, Donalds and Grahams. Going to be busy hillwalking this year.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Good afternoon all...

Glad the surveyor did the job and left, hope he values it at the right valuation, as I am sure he will, then all systems go... you could be in your new house within a few weeks.... and I may get a Dillon cuddle soon after

A very beautiful boy there Malka, such a shame when families fall out, maybe when he gets older he may get in touch.

Hope the visits to various folk go well and the ones off on holidays get where they want to be safe and sound.

Enjoy the walk over the field, and pray the numpties are having their dinner or do you say lunch...

I am having a day of getting nowhere fast..... my sister called in for morning tea, as she does most days... then eversuffering husband called in too he is moving onions from one store to another and will going pass several times today... very unusual for him to be this local, so bet I will be sharing the bed tonight...

No Helena yet hope all is well there, maybe the boiler has taken it's revenge

I have got to go and get some petrol for the lawnmower and get the blummin lawn cut, before it rain s on it again...

Will pop in later...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Afternoon everyone, better late then never or so the saying goes

Had a very hectic morning here I was out with Zena before 7 am, and I met up with my male friend with one of the shepherds, so we sat down for a putting the world to rights chat, his aggressive shepherd laid very still and never gobbed off at Zena once, which in turn, kept her happy and she didn't lunge and bark at him like she did last time (he must have said the wrong thing before!). Then he realised, he had to get home so his wife could go off to work, so we had to almost run up this friggin great big hill to the gate which I always hate, and usually stop for a breath, but not today, he knocked spots off me and her's nearly bladdy 70!!! Then we walked down the road together side by side onlead, and have to say, our dogs were impeccably behaved and tolerated being next to one another, even though this particular gsd of his is the only aggressive one. Coming the other way was a greyhound which Zena hates with a passion, so I grabbed her rope on the ball in her gob, so she took her vengeance out on that as we walked past it, and lo and behold his dog gobbed off at it, so there must be something about this particular greyhound, Zena could be right about him.

Came home, filled the pool, looked outside and thought, hmmm, where's the Astra gone from the drive then It was only THEN that I realised, for the first time since I got the bimmer, I had driven the Astra up the long hill from the house into the top woodland and left it there to climb into when I had finished my walk Howevvver, this morning, I met up with him didn't I, got chatting and came home on foot lol! What am I like So off we went again, right up to the top of the road to collect said Astra, but Zena didn't mind, she thought we were going around the whole lot again.

Went off shopping, and got a phone call from a lady who wants to rent out one of the vans on a permanent type basis, so I told her to give me an hour and ring me at home where I could talk a lot better than in Mr. S's.

Got indoors with loads of shopping bags, and noticed yet again, 3 blooming messages on the answerphone Same as yesterday, why can't people just leave me alone when I have some time to meself. Anyhoo, I was supposed to meet this chap at 10 am at his house to meet up with the policelady for the neighbourhood watch, but she had been and gone by the time I got that Perfick!!!

Went to B&Q cos it's 10% day off for pensioners, got a new strimmer to do the front drive of weeds, smoke alarms, co2 alarms, and 2 saws for Dave which were a bogof and I remember having a saw in the tip run yesterday, so he can have those for his birthday next week He ALMOST got a new combi drill, but there's too much choice and considering he only has DeWalt tools, they were too expensive and it would probably be wrong anyway, so that'll be my excuse when he gets his £5 saws!

Half way through unpacking, the phone goes again and it's the girl. Lovely Essex girl, she works for Virgin atlantic and has a one year old and because of child care costs, wants to move back here to be near her mum. I tried to talk her out of it because it has no central heating, but having done my figures at the price we agreed per week, it actually works out in my favour to do this rather than holiday let it for just the season, and then I can really sit on my backside to earn, and I like that idea even more! She's going to ring me again next time she can get down here on a Saturday to view it and finalise everything and hopefully, she'll be moving in there mid-October when it's empty cos unfortunately, being full up she can't have it any sooner.

This will mean I can concentrate on just the big van, which I love to change over, it's easy peasy with so much space, especially the bed making. My only problem being, somebody has just booked 2 weeks in the small one for next May and paid a deposit, but I'm sure I can talk them around to having the larger unit. Sorted then I hope, this is what I wanted, and if all goes well, I might just buy meself another one lol!

Lynn, hope the survey went well, and if it's only a valuation one I'm sure it did and they will get their mortgage against it. I'm sure you won't have to worry about any money up front, cos the solicitors work it that their deposit pays your deposit kind of thing and no solicitor takes any fees until the end of the deal and takes it off the calculations. You'll be surprised just how many other costs there are, except for you won't have the EA's fee's which is good.

Elaine, I'm here now, yooo hooo Shame about having hubby popping in and out today, maybe he's checking up on you lol!

Jen, enjoy your soup today or scrambled eggs Won't be long now till you can tuck into some proper food when the teef return on Friday

Jenny, hope your visit to your mum went well and that you found her in a happy mood, no matter where she was, if she's happy, then that's fine. Good luck with sorting out the boys with the vet.

Lorraine, hope you're not still fighting with that tent, did make me laugh, I can just imagine what you're going through there, just as you think you've got it, boing, up comes another corner lol!

June, hope the new car started and you probably won't want to give it back once you've driven that around will ya I do hope you keep it clean for when you have to hand it back, no muddy doglets in the back fresh out of the water Oh Lordy, can you imagine, she's only just bought this hasn't she?!

Sorry for everyone I missed, but I can't remember who said what and it's all over the page now and I'm short on time today (as every day).

Now I've gotta make a humungous amount of phone calls and read some e-mails.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi Just a quick hello,and have posted a couple of vids re cutest dogs in todays post,you will all go aargh Gemini54
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Its not how I planned it when I moved Elaine. We were meant to be moving and somewhere where we would be retired and enjoy the new home together.
Not me transported to somewhere I don't know having to live there on my own 4 days/nights a week. I am angry, depressed and completely down about it all.
Gorden did say this morning did I want to pull out but there is nowhere else this is the best of a bad job.
If I could guarantee this job Gorden has would be guaranteed in 2014 I would pull the plug on it all but we don't know so we have to make this move in case it isn't.

Morning Helena gosh its non stop again today for you.
Fancy leaving the car up the hill.
Morning Gemini.

Solicitor has halved the up front bill and we can pay it in two halves. Its the money for searches etc.,
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Morning GB.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Car has started, I had to move it because some roofers (in a white van of course) had parked opposite it, so village bus had one heck of a job squeezing through, saw it when I was getting ready to take girls out, nipped down, it started first time, really throaty rumble, I was wondering where the noise was coming from at first. Adjusted mirrors, opened sunroof and went round the block and parked on the other side of the road. Waved to neighbours who had mouths open as I passed in it!!!
Took Mabs and Keshi on the field and they had a great time playing, did some training and Mabs has definitely improved now. Then let them off to have a play whilst I phoned a missed call, was on for a while but girlies were great and for the main stayed nearby playing, then came in the little football shelter I was sat in and lay where it was cool. Went home.
Plan was to take big girlies on field, but thought better of it as it was quite late by then, and I am tempting providence, so we went a walk by the river, they ran down the slope and had a paddle, doesn't look too deep.
If it doesn't rain overnight and is warm tomorrow I will take them back down there again and up to the waterfall, yesterday it looked very deep, looking more inviting today though.
My friend has dogs very luckily, but I think I will have to keep on top of this car and be picky, because as you say Helena, it has to go back eventually.
Lynn, I am pretty sure the survey is all about if it stacks up against the money borrowed against it, and I am very sure it will.
Ah girliebiker, love isn't dead then
Eileen I think your steam mop would love a holiday in North West England
Helena, what are you like, forgetting your car, can't believe you did that Well done on the van let, does the site open all year round then, thought it closed for 2 months Jan and Feb, or will she go to her mums during that time.
Lore, can't keep up with you, one minute you are sleeping, next you are doing the Munro's, can we have a happy medium please, because it is making ME tired
FluffHippo I know what you mean about being jumped on,
When I am putting fresh shavings down, I am kneeling on the bale pulling it out, I have Keshi on my back and Mabs in front kissing my face Keshi is already 27kg at just 9 months so it is a bit like having a donkey clambering around on top of you.
As with Eileen, if the steam mop needs a change of scenery, I am here for it!!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 02:26 PM
TW,love to hear what the neighbours are saying!! They'll probably settle on a lotto win,usually do
I'm running out of patience with my lawn,nothing green appearing on it yet.Have watered it diligently,talked to it even...but no go Am tempted to go buy the roll out grass,give Lacey back her bathroom
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Yeurgh, had to clean out the beardies, someone had a poo in their food bowl (George - usually is). They were not amused at being turfed out together while I cleaned their smelly vivarium out.

Got bacon for the human boys, so they are happy now.

Going to hoover shortly then go for a long walk with Dougal
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 02:37 PM
I bet the neighbours thought you had come into money TW driving around in that lovely car.
Ooh good news about the van Helena. You will own all the park if you buy another one at this rate. Well done you.
Aww Lynn. I do feel for you having to move the way you are doing. It will be down to you getting most of the jobs done as well. At least you've got us to have a Moan & a rant to.(((hugs)))
Had a nice/ish walk round the park - apart from Taff scavenging picnic leftovers in the grass. I hate school holidays I did a bit of training with him & he was very good. ( for a change )
I was sat on a bench in the little park playing ball with him when he saw one of his old friends. He legged it over to say hello. Jean his owner (who I haven't seen for months) said to another woman Rita. Oh here's Taffy - wheres Lynne? Rita said she's there on the bench. Jean said That's not Lynne that's a young girl. compliment or does she need to go to specsavers
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »