Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Afternoon all.
I really like that house as well Lynn If you are expecting loads of visitors you could buy an extending kitchen table & a set of folding chairs or stools that you could keep out in a shed. How often would you be needing to feed the fve thousand. The kitchen looks big enough for a bigger table. You will probably never find one that ticks every one of your boxes without spending silly money. As long as the basics are there & it looks a lovely area I'd seriously think about it.
It's a bit muggy here today. think the rain they have forecast int far away. I went up for a walk to my sisters with Taff this afternoon so it was lead walking most of the way just so he wouldn't get too hot running about. If I don't go up there I'd never see her.
Just put a chicken in the oven for tea so we can have it with salad.
Hope your MIL is ok Eileen
Everybody else hope you've had a good Saturday.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Afternoon Jenny.
Malka we have been thinking all the same things. Not sure about the downstairs loo I will miss that as I have one in this house. The stair lift question was one of the reasons I opted not to go for the cottage in Upwell it ticked every other box and I am still a bit upset the stairs didn't work for me.
Lovely pictures there June
Afternoon Lynne already had thoughts on the table business I have one of those folding tables the chairs go under so that would go in the big garage in the garden and that kitchen is screaming for a beautiful big pine table to match my dresser which will fit.
A smaller table could then be bought alongside the folding table to go in the big garage small solid fuel stove like you get for boats in there for warmth in the winter and if all the family which won't be often turn up we can all be seated comfortably. Mind you if just Mark, Tracey and the 3 children visit I need two tables.

Just had to cancel one cottage we had lined up for Tuesday details just emailed to Gorden and as we suspected pedestrian access along your garden for other cottages. So small courtyard outside back door then pedestrian access then 70 foot of garden then 1/4 of an acre. Also found out the road floods and the EA shut it down even if not necessary as a precaution.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Late morning all from me. Amazing time so far and absolutely truly wonderful, amazing wedding yesterday. Not on my own computer so will update better when back in Cyp on Tuesday.

The whole day went without a hitch and everyone had a wonderful time. They were still partying when Jen and I left with the kiddies at midnight. I am slobbing out at Jen's today with Mart & Mon.

Meanwhile my favourite pic so far uploaded onto bookface by a guest

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Afternoon Pat glad it all went well.
Lovely photo. Look forward to seeing the rest.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Pat, that photo is so beautiful. Glad everything went well and you certainly got the weather for it.
Looking forward to the rest of the piccies.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2013, 03:49 PM
I've just got back from taking my boys out for their second walk, they've just had their tea and now we are waiting for the rain to arrive .... very overcast and dull but no rain yet.

Pat - I'm glad the wedding went well and that one photo is gorgeous Really looking forward to seeing more.

June - Great photo of two of your wolves ..... I mean girls in the river . That walk down by the river is just heaven isn't it and what with the horses too - all you need are a few Native Americans and wigwams on the shore and your could be back in the cowboy and injun country.

I have read all the posts and apologise for not commenting on them all. Has anyone had this promised rain yet?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2013, 03:51 PM
No rain here yet jenny not sure if we are due any.
Looking a bit overcast.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Thanks guys for MIL well wishes. She looked awful when we arrived, is totally fed up but seemed a lot better just before we left, bless her.
PAT,gorgeous pic, so glad you had a great day yesterday
Off to take Lacey for a stroll,been in most of the day
So warm, its lovely
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Again just from what people are putting on bookface - the happy couple. Em's three boys were all in mini versions of Dan's outfit and baby Holly had her own wedding dress and purple sash.

tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2013, 04:05 PM
I bet the men were sweltering in those suits, hope you took lots of piccies yourself so's we can see them when you land back in Cyprus
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »