View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Oh speaking of St. Francis...TW any sign of those missing papers??
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Helena - I am (almost) speechless at your day, except that I just have to laugh a little bit about the site plumbers. Oops! Thank goodness it is sorted without any casualties though!

You could try Saint Jude if you are in need.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Crikey Helena what a morning for you. An expensive one as well by the sounds of it. You description of it all made me laugh though (sorry)
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Have had Mabs and Keshi out on the field for a bit of training, it was still pretty cool as it was raining this morning when I woke up, so turned over and went back to sleep - because I can However there were some lads playing footy in the ball park, and Mabs HATES that, its the noise when they kick it against the mesh, but Mabs m'dear this is life, and you must get used to it, no she rushes up into the bushes and perches halfway up the banking peering anxiously out. Keshi isn't quite sure what to do, she rushes up to Mabs, then to me. Soooo I leave Mabs where she is and do a small amount of training with Keshi, sun has come out and it is now getting warm. Mabs comes down from her perch and hovers uncertainly by the fence, so I go over and swop dogs and take Mabs as far as she will go so's we are near the ballpark and she can sit and watch. At that precise moment someone comes on the field with a collie, very fortunately not one of the combatative ones, but that does it for Mabs, noisy footballs, AND collies, so she tries to do one, but I have her lead. Owner of collie apprises situation (big surprise for me this one) and goes a different direction. So we are left watching the football, I get Mabs to settle down a bit, then turn round and we walk back, everytime she leaps forward, I take a step back, and eventually she walks with me nicely back to Keshi. Then we have a game of ball back up the other end of the field where I have left the backpack, pop that on Mabs and we go home. Took Cariad and Lona to the river, the horses are out on the river bank, have taken a piccie which I will edit in later. Quite uneventful compared to the Mabs and Keshi outing
Come home, clean yard and kennels and spray Jeyes onto rubber matting before putting clean shavings down. Come in have a cool shower, make a cheese butty with a drink of ginger beer.....THEN I read Helena's post
My goodness Helena, those plumbers have certainly given you a proper savaging on your ar$e haven't they. Was very concerned to hear about the boiler blowing the door off, does that particular make have 'form' or is this a new one on the manufacturer A new boiler is going to certainly but a dent in your profits, but then so would blowing up the van, guests and possibly several others, so probably best on a new boiler all round really.
Can't believe you left the doors open for Zena, she sounds like she enjoyed herself guarding the great outdoors, anyway you can pop a padlock or something on the slider and then you could do that more often.
Just glad it was purely a puncture because the way it was reading was like the engine was ready to blow up or something!!!
Jenny, the new engine or part of would have stayed where the parcel man left it, never mind you having to hump it up to the house!!!! Glad you have treated yourself to some nice summery clothes, the decent weather makes you want to do that doesn''t it.
Bev, hope Lily is a bit better now and has calmed down slightly. Sounds very scary.
Malka, I'm sure you will win Kerb Wars, but will you get over to the Macelot tomorrow before Shabbat starts
Lynn the only washind I had out was my dog sheets and I'm not bothered if it rains on them
Linda, I had my trainers outside on the decking, don't mind them getting rained on either, they are usually wet from the river or me cleaning the yard in them, so one more soaking won't make any difference
Eileen, not started looking yet, have been transfixed by Helena's post, she certainly knows how to live - or not - doesn't she. Will St Francis or St Jude be of help to me, or should I stick with St Antony. Got the PO to go to in a minute to post a birthday card to my girlies breeder. Then I will start looking.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 02:26 PM
St Anthony TW,for lost things
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Afternoon all,

Bev. That does sound scarey with Lily do hope she will be ok once the tablets work.

Helena, you do live dangerously approaching those plumbers. Lol. Glad you got it sorted and your puncture too. Yes afraid you have had an expensive day one way or the other no profit this week with boilers to buy and tyres to buy too. Oh dear.

TW I would stick with St Anthony for things lost as he is the great finder. I am always amazed how quickly he can help after a short prayer asking him to find whatever it is I have lost.

Lore, was it your nasty neighbours you are hoping have moved, think so, my brain doesn't work well in this heat. If so I do hope for your sake that they have and have been replaced by somebody nice.

Malka, Good luck with sorting out your dropped kerb, it will happen!

Nearly time to take Amber out for her afternoon walk, wish it was a bit cooler. Take care all, God bless.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2013, 02:32 PM
OK will do a 2nd prayer to St Antony when i get back from the PO and start on the 4 carrier bags of dogwork
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 03:00 PM
LYNN Have you looked on preloved for properties, just seen this http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/sh...d-cottage.html
Looks nice, not sure if area is any good though x
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Labrador Lover - yes, it's the neighbours with the bratty children that are moving, thank goodness. Davie is relieved too cause he can now go out without too much hassle, there are still a couple of brats giving him a hard time but they aren't in the same row as us and relatively easy to avoid.

I'm just working up to going and getting a pile of washing. I've entered a 10k run in September too just to make myself go running and get fit again.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Aaaaarrrgghhhh - I think it has been one of those days - I mean it started off rather bleugh for me but then was sorta OK apart from being unbearable hot in spite of not only the air-con on in the salon but also the fan I have fixed on the wall above my monitor which blows air [OK so it is hot air but it is still moving air] on my head.

Fried on the way to and from the macolet for tomatoes and sweet peppers and a melon and half a dozen large white peaches and - oh no, I got a humungous chunk of pumpkin yesterday so did not need that and David got me a load of courgettes from the shuk the other day so there is more than enough prepped and blanched and frozen veggies for Da Booga in de frizzer - and I still have one whole and one half of the large white cabbages he also got me - so what else did I get from the macolet?

Oh yes, some carrots and a pack of green onions.

Right. So that was fine and all I will need from the macolet tomorrow are a couple of Shabbat rolls.

Read Nechda's tale of woe and thought what have I got to complain about? No flat tyres for me [hope that is not famous last words as The Silver Monster does not have solid tyres] and my solar boiler, or rather the panels for it, were replaced by my landlady maybe a year ago? So I am thinking oh boy, am I lucky.

Then I sorta tripped over Da Booga and landed on my still bruised and painful situpon.

Then the fish van turned up so it was plonk, ouch, plonk, ouch to see what he had. Have you got any squid? OK, no squid but no thanks, I have enough sardines - have you got any [well I think they are pilchards but no idea what they are called in Ivrit] those fish like sardines but bigger. Umm, no - not those [rather large probably very good but too big for Da Booga] - oh forget it, wait until next time.

So all "hush hush" he reaches in and pulls out a small white plastic bag and takes out a small tray of ginormous peeled - dunno what as I do not eat them but like ginormous prawns/scampi - no idea what they were, and he was saying "Geveret, special for you..." and I was saying "Adoni, I do not eat shellfish - I bought the squid for de dawg not for me".

So I came plonk, ouch, plonk, ouch back indoors without having bought anything from them.

And my butt hurts.

Dunno what they have in mind for tomorrow but I have not seen or heard anything of them for hours now.

But believe me friends, Malka WILL get her dropped kerb.

Eventually...
Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »