View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2013, 03:12 PM
The vet phoned me and said there is actually a tummy bug doing the rounds at the moment so if both aren't OK by the morning I'm taking them in at 9.20.

Helena - Tooooooo hot and what little breeze we had first thing has gone. On BBC 1.00 news apparently in the SE we can expect 27 degrees at 11 tonight - it won't cool more until early hours If I were nearer I too would come down and take a dip in the sea with Zena at 7 tonight. Great news that you've got that final booking for August. It is Flash who keeps getting upset tums from eating debris. Rucksack might eat deer, rabbit and bird poo but Flash eats anything that is not actually attached to the ground

Eileen - That's a shame (about having the skip for two days) that you are tied to doing the garage. I hope you are getting on OK with it.

L.S. - You must be so worried about Loki - hopefully the ear drops will sort him and his head will return to its normal stance.

Malka - We don't go to bed until midnight (ish) and all party boats have to finish my then so our nights are quiet. Having said that since this hot spell has arrived there is so much river traffic.

Girliebiker - I like the sound of your plan. Shower and read. I hope you enjoy.

Since I've been typing this that gold-plated boat which was something to do with the Queen's Jubilee celebration last year has just gone past on the river. It is huge and I grabbed my camera .... I'll go and take a look and see if any of the photos have come out ......

I think it is called Gloriana (but I might be wrong!!)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Ooooer, very nice, but far too much bling for me Jen, I much prefer a nice white, classy cruiser, especially if I'm gonna sail past your house!!!

OMG it's gonna be 27 deg tonight I tell you, this IS the hottest day so far isn't it, and the plastering guys have just told me they reckon tomorrow is going to be the hottest day yet, so we've got worse to come tomorrow! Why can't it just be normal, sunny and warm but not this bdooly hot! Especially at night, I can't bear to think of all the doglets panting away and I can't sleep either I might get this air con unit on the go, but Dave hasn't punched me a big hole in the wall yet for its hose, but I s'pose I could just shove it through the conservatory patio door couldn't I Yeah I'll give it a go for tonight when all the doors are shut cos otherwise we'll wilt me and Zena.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Hot hot hot, took the dogs to the river under the shade of the trees and they have a splash about in the shallow bits, picked Roman up from playschool.
Then got a call from the police, my teenaged son got in a fight at school, smashed a window in the process and got arrested.
That was 1 o'clock and they told me they would call me when they were ready to interview him (so I would be needed) Then they called as the doctor had seen him and thought he might have fractured his thumb so they were taking him to hospital.
So sat here waiting for a call back to tell me when to go down for his interview, URGH who invented teenagers???
I don't drive and OH is working away so got to rely on buses too which will be running a lot less regular after 6.35 .
Roll on tomorrow, oh and they don't want him back in school for the rest of the week now either so here begins a summer of fun
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Kazz I'm sorry I missed the bit about your pre-op for the knee op today. I hope it went well and good luck with the op.
Lovely pictures jenny what a glorious day for a row up the river and catching some swans. Personally I would rather be sunbathing on the front of a cruiser on a day like today. Oh I miss those days.
Sorry the boys are still out of sorts.
The gold blingy boat is very nice.
Linda sorry to hear Loki is still worrying you. I would give the drops another few days and if still worried take him back.
Jenny that was nice of you to check on your neighbour even if you did wake her up. Nice you had a laugh about it I am sure she is grateful you worry about her.
Elaine that's a lovely thought thank you. If I move near to you I might give you a call.
Zoe sorry to hear about son I hope it isn't too late when they ring for you attend.
Helena how very dare the builders wake you from your siesta. Our Mark is up a ladder working today I hope he took plenty of water and hasn't got sunstroke. I think he will be there all week.

Still not made up our minds about the house with the 1/2 acre. Yes Malka it is the one with the bath tub I wouldn't bath a dog in let alone myself. She had the toilet seat which was falling off shut down too so who knows what lurks underneath that.
We have 3 viewings for Saturday so far and trying to find another one if we can that we can tag on. We have discounted a few today when looking into them further.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2013, 04:48 PM
So proud of myself Jobs all done,garage,shed,summer house, even cleaned all the facia boards.Sore legs tomorrow,ladders and me don't mix Will wait and see if anyone actually notices....I doubt it but it feels great Off for a pamper bath!!Hope everyone is having a good day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Well done Eileen enjoy your bath you have earned it.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks Lynn I will,told the girls not to disturb unless the house is on fire
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-07-2013, 05:25 PM
jenny - fingers crossed for the boys. Seems to be nothing but vet visits at the moment. You were right - that was the Royal barge Gloriana - the one that led the flotilla at the Diamond Jubilee. The photo you took of her is lovely!

Noise until midnight is still too much noise for me. It is virtually silent here from when Avner closes the macolet at around 8pm - in fact quiet for about an hour beforehand, and then just the odd car going and rarely anyone walking past.

Nechda - I think the forecast for tomorrow for you is going to be over 30°C - I will ours would drop to that as it is just about bearable.

Zoe - I hope everything turns out OK with your son.

Lynn - I thought that was the house - if the lavatory is anything like the bath tub that means a complete new bathroom suite as well as all that fencing. I know that a fenced half acre would be great for Dillon but who is going to look after it with Gorden away during the week?

Eileen - well done on all your hard work today! I reckon you will have more than just sore legs tomorrow!

- I am sitting here trying to remember what I have done today and so far cannot think of one thing, and yet it it has gone 8.20pm already and dark out. I think I have been sitting in a daze all day, which, to be honest, is nothing new for me! Makes me feel guilty reading what everyone else has done though.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-07-2013, 05:29 PM
That would be his weekend job Malka.
I couldn't be trusted on a sit and ride lawn mower.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Evening all.....cannot linger for the moment as am doing some research for OH, and printing it all out which is taking forever!

Far too hot, hot hot
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »