View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Brilliant Jackie knowing you won't have to worry about shopping when home so can spend all your time with Millie.
Pat this is going to end like the pool table saga but a tele.
Well done with the dress.
jenny the washing machine has stopped working. I took out all the coloured wash which had finished ready to hang out and put the whites in went to switch it on and nothing.
I have changed the fuse checked the fuses in the cupboard changed the plug from the socket from the washing machine into the socket that takes the tumbler still nothing and the tumbler is still working.
So my Sherlock head is telling me its the machine itself lets hope Gorden didn't cancel the washing machine insurance if he has kept it going they will come and fix it.
Its just amazing that it did the first wash no problems and then stopped dead.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Oh No Lynn, the washer going kerplunk is the End Of The World as we know it. There is a launderette within driving distance of me so when that has happened I have used that. Once got someone out to my indesit and he was trying to tell me it was no good and he could sell me another, no way could I have afforded another one and I had one of those gut instincts, so more or less forced him to take the back off.....the belt had snapped, he put a new one on saying he didn't know if it would work or not - it worked for the next 5 years actually, when it really went kerplunk I did get another one, because 8 years is a good innings the way my machines have to work. Hope the insurance is in force and you get it mended.
TaffsMum what about that place on the East Lancs, they do training at the weekend, you know where they rent the field out in the week, is it the Dog House or something like that.
Pat, how on earth are YOU supposed to move the telly????
oh....and I was the one who suggested M&S but it was for a hat because they have lovely weddingy type ones in England, maybe wait till you get over here?
It started raining heavily mid morning, but it had stopped so took Mabs and Keshi out, so it started again almost immediately of course. Very warm and I had my little wax jacket which has a little wax hat in its pocket, so was OK.
Had a play session, kept Mabs on a line which is working well because she is still doing the fantastic recalls till we want to go, when she comes halfway, sits....thinks better of it and walks away in the opposite direction, so I can now reel her in.
Raining quite heavily by the time we got in, but of course Cariad and Lona were looking like whipped puppies so they had to go out, we went on the river and played squeaky toy games for a while then came back because my trakkie bottoms were soggy.
Have had a nice shower and washed hair and am about to have chicken soup. I took some of my chicken vulture breasts out last night to defrost so they are having that for tea and there is a ginormous piece left for me, so of have got it ready with grated cheese and bacon on top, and it will go in the oven around 5. Just got to mop kitchen floor and get rid of paw marks then I will have a lazy afternoon
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Oh No Lynn, the washer going kerplunk is the End Of The World as we know it. There is a launderette within driving distance of me so when that has happened I have used that. Once got someone out to my indesit and he was trying to tell me it was no good and he could sell me another, no way could I have afforded another one and I had one of those gut instincts, so more or less forced him to take the back off.....the belt had snapped, he put a new one on saying he didn't know if it would work or not - it worked for the next 5 years actually, when it really went kerplunk I did get another one, because 8 years is a good innings the way my machines have to work. Hope the insurance is in force and you get it mended.
TaffsMum what about that place on the East Lancs, they do training at the weekend, you know where they rent the field out in the week, is it the Dog House or something like that.
Pat, how on earth are YOU supposed to move the telly????
oh....and I was the one who suggested M&S but it was for a hat because they have lovely weddingy type ones in England, maybe wait till you get over here?
It started raining heavily mid morning, but it had stopped so took Mabs and Keshi out, so it started again almost immediately of course. Very warm and I had my little wax jacket which has a little wax hat in its pocket, so was OK.
Had a play session, kept Mabs on a line which is working well because she is still doing the fantastic recalls till we want to go, when she comes halfway, sits....thinks better of it and walks away in the opposite direction, so I can now reel her in.
Raining quite heavily by the time we got in, but of course Cariad and Lona were looking like whipped puppies so they had to go out, we went on the river and played squeaky toy games for a while then came back because my trakkie bottoms were soggy.
Have had a nice shower and washed hair and am about to have chicken soup. I took some of my chicken vulture breasts out last night to defrost so they are having that for tea and there is a ginormous piece left for me, so of have got it ready with grated cheese and bacon on top, and it will go in the oven around 5. Just got to mop kitchen floor and get rid of paw marks then I will have a lazy afternoon

????

Great advantage f renting is that if the washing machine goes wrong, just call the ll
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Still non stop heavy rain.. roads around Tralee are "wet" ie near flooding
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Sun has come out here strong, so I went out and cut the grass, put the hoover round the place and now could quite easily drop. Everyone seems so busy. Could actually do with some real rain here for the garden but not for us so perhaps we could have some overnight or is that expecting too much. Steve has walked his back right, wish he had taken Amber with him but she is happy enough with me. I took her round the green and she has the garden to walk around in but cannot help thinking that at 2 years old she should have more exercise than I can give her. Steve did do a couple of days where he walked her round on his trek but I think he like me finds her hard work when it comes to her wanting to sniff around to find out who has been around and who she has missed bless her.

Well I hope you are all good and have a lovely weekend. Yes I was more than pleased that my little silver fiesta zetec came smiling through as she is really sweet little car.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Yes June. The Dog Barn was one of the places I gave him along with another 3. One in Widnes, one in Haydock & one in St Helens. Got wet again trying to dodge the showers. It's lovely In between them. On the way home I bumped into a friend with her 3 dogs so spent another 1/2 hour catching up with her while Taff had a good run with his ball. Must try & motivate myself to get some work done now when I've finished my coffee.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 02:48 PM
I know the lady who has Che mentioned one in St Helens (I think) as well, hope he finds somewhere good, if he will travel he could also give Bolton GSD Club a try as well as I can't recommend them highly enough, however if he finds one of the others to be worthwhile then he doesn't need to travel.
Went really black before I thought it was going to really come down, but only a smallish shower, gone quite bright now and sun wants to come out. Checked on my washing on Jackie's line when I was out and it is still wet I may as well have dried it here on the maiden, but thought with them being dog sheets they could do with a good dry in the sun, famous last words
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Brilliant Jackie knowing you won't have to worry about shopping when home so can spend all your time with Millie.
Pat this is going to end like the pool table saga but a tele.
Well done with the dress.
jenny the washing machine has stopped working. I took out all the coloured wash which had finished ready to hang out and put the whites in went to switch it on and nothing.
I have changed the fuse checked the fuses in the cupboard changed the plug from the socket from the washing machine into the socket that takes the tumbler still nothing and the tumbler is still working.
So my Sherlock head is telling me its the machine itself lets hope Gorden didn't cancel the washing machine insurance if he has kept it going they will come and fix it.
Its just amazing that it did the first wash no problems and then stopped dead.
Have you checked the filter because if it is full the machine will stop? .... if you have you'll have to wait for Doctor (Gorden) Watson. I hate it when one of the white goods go wrong as we all depend on them so much ... and they should just work.

June - We have got wall to wall sunshine and blue skies as predicted .... makes a change as we've had vile weather when a lot of you have been basking in the sun. I'm gald you managed to get out with the dogs albeit wet.

Moyra - Good news that Steve has managed to sort his back ... to me that says its muscular. I do hope it remains as good. I think dogs get use to however long or short a walk they get. The fact that Amber can wander around your garden is great and the odd longer walk from Steve can only be good.

Rosebud - still raining with you .... that's not good, thank goodness you can stay put today.

I've been sitting out in the garden with my book for half an hour ... pure bliss, although the dogs did spend most of the time eating goodness knows what. Flash found a dead baby bird this morning which I think must have fallen out of its nest. As he's not raw fed he just sniffed it and turned his nose up. I've done some washing but can't hang it out to dry on our line which I took down last week as it restricts access round the house. I've put the washing on a rack and its sitting on one of the balconies .... a lovely sight for passing boats.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I'm soppy about all my cars.
So am I we had to let our old Citroen go to the big breakers yard in the sky two years ago, it didn't have a lot of miles on the clock and ran like a dream (but was right hand drive so not much use here )
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 03:47 PM
You are not going to believe this Gorden came in switched the machine on and off it went it is now happily swishing round with my whites washing.

Glad Steve has walked his back off Moyra. Shame you haven't been able to. All that grass cutting etc., will of aggravated it I'm sure.
Sorry about all the rain RB. We have after a shaky start got a lovely day here.

Afternoon Harvey.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >