Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Bit of an update - nowt very gripping!

We had about 4 spots of rain today yay! I happened to be outside when they fell down!

I bit the bullet and after returning from our walk I set off to town and the dreaded utility companies. Sorted the water and lecky bills out then, to console myself for having to do that, after leaving the hallowed halls of Cyp Elec Auth, I wandered to the adjacent PLANT SHOP!

Bought two more filled hanging baskets. I can't hang them anywhere but they just look so nice! Then decided as I was passing the Metro Supermarket to get home I should stock up on a few non perishables ready for the summer invasion. Did that and then scratched about wondering where to stash it all!

Neighbour owner of Bella's pal Mara called in. We nattered and drank cold drinks and fed treats to the dogs for an hour or so. Very odd - I've said before Bella LOVES Mara when they are out together but isn't too keen on having her in our apartment.

Mara is in season at the mo and Bella was TOTALLY different with her! Kissing her and fussing her and they stayed together play fighting and nibbling round each other and sharing treats and toys. As soon as Mara left Bella went straight to my room and barked at the closed door - almost as if she was sulking and gone to bed! Ain't seen her since - she didn't even come out to see what I was eating for my lunch?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Rain whats that then ?
I hope Bella recovers from her sulk soon.

Glad jenny and Helena have had good walks and productive days.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Rain whats that then ?
I hope Bella recovers from her sulk soon.

Glad jenny and Helena have had good walks and productive days.
Thanks Lynn

June - Very warm here too but I'm not complaining as its going down hill AGAIN next week
Hope the TV will soon be sorted.
Pat - Little Bella is such a character Wouldn't you just love to know what they are thinking half the time. Did you ever find a reason for her sulking under your bed the other day or maybe it was the killer curtains. You do make me laugh ...... hanging baskets but no where to hang them

I cut the grass and the 'dog garden' is all safe now and I've checked for any more paint spills .... none, as I know they would have found them by now. The house is starting to look a lot better (paintwork) but two bits of rotten wood tht need to be replaced.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Jenny Glad you had a good walk in the woods with your friend, I can't wait to show you these lovely walks, I'm sure our dogs will get along, cos Zena is very aloof and will keep her distance, she's only interested in the damn ball and me, but she will say hello if they want. Glad the painter was good about what you did You're going to be me in reverse this week-end then with no hubby, enjoy it

June, have you tried re-tuning that lounge tv cos last year when they did away with the analogue I had to retune the one in the caravan, and because ITV had a blip with Sky the other night, I wonder if they've changed their settings now which would mean you'd have to retune that tv in again. It's easy to do, it does it itself from the menu. I'd have a play if I were you, you can't mess anything up (don't quote me on that though lol!)

Oh it's hot, hot, hot down here, but thankfully, we've got a brisk wind taking the edge of it, so I've had to wedge the doors open front and back otherwise they'd slam in this wind.

I put the window cleaner off cos he would have stopped me having a nap, cos he says he's doing the windows, and then he sits out there in his car for over an hour and I'm 3rd on his list which would have meant 3 o'clock by the time he started doing them. I have to shut all the curtains and blinds cos of course, Zena being a highly trained protection dog (not, but she has trained herself in this sphere ), goes manic seeing a man standing at the window, any window, it's not worth the hassle.

Off to get the last lot of washing in, play a quick game with Zena, I'm filling her pool, and then I'm going to get stuck into all this paperwork that needs sorting out and stuffing into those new boxes and files I bought yesterday.

Catch you later
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Jenny, thanks provided I do take it easy with gentle exercise once I am moving it is a lot better. A friend has lent Steve a massage seat so he can use that when he cannot sleep at night for the pain. I think he is slowly improving. He is talking about leaving off the painkillers to see if that will help him judge better when he is overdoing things or not.

Have a good evening everyone, Goodnight, God bless. Moyra
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Morning all

Lynn, glad you had a more settled night with Dillon.

It was my nephew Aaron. Hoping he had a settled night too.

I'm having an easy day today, it's activity days for the first years, which means they go on trips or something round the school. So I am hoping for a relatively easy day.

Ooh just noticed the time, bye folks, see you later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Helena - I'm sure our dogs will be fine together. My two aren't interested in balls so Zena will be quite safe with hers I don't blame you putting off the window cleaner .... much nicer having a nap than stopping your highly trained guard dog from going mad
Moyra - I've missed you now, but I do hope your and sons back continues to improve ... I know how depressing a bad back can be
Lore - Hi .... only saw you briefly when you popped in and out again. I'm glad you've had an 'easy' day.

When I was at Painshill this morning there two classes of little children 'pond-dipping'. They were lovely children and so well behaved and clearly having a wonderful time. It reminded me of going along as a parent helper many years ago when my kids did it, and William (my younger lad) was pulled into the water by a little girl who lost her footing. They emerged covered in weed ... it was very funny but the teacher had come armed with spare clothes.

I'm off to cook my OH a meal and sit in the garden while we still have the sun .... it is beautiful still outside.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Really annoyed - for some reason Carys did NOT get to show her certificate! The teacher took it this morning and placed it on her table but what happened afterwards is a mystery and the certificate has now gone AWOL. Carys often misplaces things but she seems adamant she saw nothing of it after the teacher took it. Hopefully we will find out tomorrow.

I'm having one of those horrible 'feeling flabby and fed up' days - I think it came on after I searched my wardrobe for something other than jeans because of the hot weather and struggled to find stuff that isn't tight. Let myself go over the winter under my baggy jumpers? Moi? I did 1500 skips today and cut back on the toast.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Evening all, and will have a proper read through in a minute, but I just wanted to thank Malka for her very thoughtful and generous gift of flowers today. Such a huge surprise, and they are absolutely beautiful.

The sun didn't appear here until well into the afternoon, in fact it was positively chilly! Not the hottest day of the year that had been promised but I don't actually mind cooler days. Dogwise, the temperature was immaterial because his Jimsterness was so knackered after his hedgehog hunting yesterday that he couldn't even raise an eyebrow at walk time, let alone enthusiasm He has slept virtually the whole of the day - this doglet is older than we would like to think perhaps!

Off to have a read through, and send a few emails before POG. Will be back
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Really annoyed - for some reason Carys did NOT get to show her certificate! The teacher took it this morning and placed it on her table but what happened afterwards is a mystery and the certificate has now gone AWOL. Carys often misplaces things but she seems adamant she saw nothing of it after the teacher took it. Hopefully we will find out tomorrow.

I'm having one of those horrible 'feeling flabby and fed up' days - I think it came on after I searched my wardrobe for something other than jeans because of the hot weather and struggled to find stuff that isn't tight. Let myself go over the winter under my baggy jumpers? Moi? I did 1500 skips today and cut back on the toast.
I do hope that you can find that Cert LS - hopefully it is safely put away somewhere.

Um.......toast is usually fine; it's everything else that causes a problem!!
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >