Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Me again

Sorry you had an awful night Lynn. I hope you find out that your mum is doing just fine.

Madmare - poor Charly, I hope you can get to the bottom of it and sort it out.

Jenny - I hope your visit goes well.

Thanks for all the good wishes about Steve and his job. The company is always restructuring - every time a new boss comes in, away they go again. He couldn't tell me much, just that his group are fine, so that's good news for us. I do feel for the people who may lose their jobs though.

The procession was interesting. Some obnoxious bloke yelled from the woods about the "f****** noise" - right in front of the children who are only infants and juniors, plus my Michael.
Phew that's good news Linda.

What a miserable rude old g*t.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
The company is always restructuring - every time a new boss comes in, away they go again. He couldn't tell me much, just that his group are fine, so that's good news for us.
Yes I've had some of that 'new broom mentality' also, then a year or two latter it's back to what it was before except some poor souls have lost their job.

I'm glad your Steve is OK 'tho.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Afternoon all

Just had a 2nd walk with Zena, and I had to leg it out of the big meadow, AFTER I had bothered to climb the steep bit,cos there in the distance was an old couple with a gsd who spotted us and set off at 90mph towards us(not the old couple, but the dog lol) OMG thank goodness my run was DOWNhill to the track. I then went into the horse's field next door and chuck Zena's ball around and say hello to the adorable little foal, who is now too pretty for words

Then as we came out, grrrrr, they were coming out further up the track from the other field, shouting at this poor dog to "come 'ere" Never thought about a lead then??? I decided to take cover behind the iron bar gate just in case they were heading my way. Then a man comes along with a lab, who stood and said hi toZena who was impecabbly behaved with it I have to say, and I told him why I was standing where I was. He told me they'd only just got this shepherd, it's only 9 months old and is very boistrous, so I thought that's ok then and went on my merry way but didn't see them again anyway. Always someone isn't there and it's usually lunchtimes and tea-times that I find them.

Been down the town before the shops even opened, spent £75 on Clinique cream, foundation and scrub, and then went into Store21 for some cheap vests, £1.99 each, can't be bad! I bought Dave a pair of lightweight work trousers, a hoody for overnight when it's cold in his van, loads of vets for myself and it all came to £21!!!! Cheap as Chips hey I did swap a big, red special offer ticket onto his hoody which said £5 whereas the ticket said £9.99, BUT, on another rail some of them HAD that ticket on so I thought mine might be missing I'm getting so norty in my old age, but I'm sure the till would have told her if I was wrong about it.

Then I went into New Look and bought some better t-shirts in the sale. Then Smith's cos I wanted some storage boxes for the desk bookshelf and they were buy one get one half price so I loaded myself up with lots of those, and I could hardly see where I was walking when I headed for the car, cos she couldn't get them all into a big bag, so I kind of stacked two in front of me

I've washed all our winter dog walking coats, they're no longer plastered in mud and are hanging on the line almost ready to put away.

See how much you can get done by getting up at 5.30 am? Two long walks, a shopping trip down the town, loads of washing on the line, lunch cooked and eaten, and now ready for a catchup via a nanny nap.

Linda, good news for Steve then As for that bloke, well!

Pat, I'm liking your idea there of taking her E100 and telling her she only has 3 more to go now to catchup.

Hi Harvey, and thanks for the pat on the back for me and Lynn here.

Hi again TM, glad you enjoyed your breakfast, I wonder what's for lunch???!!! That's what I like about holidays, all that eating, not to mention the drinking, enjoy the rest of it, and I feel a shopping trip coming on when you get back cos nothing will fit

Jenny, hope you didn't get stuck on the M25 I did hear there was an hour's tailback but that was near the M40, so probably didn't affect you.

Jen, still thinking of you today, hope all is going well.xxx

Malka, hope you've had that coffee by now, it's gone lunchtime, time to think about lunch maybe.

Now I'm stumped cos I didn't pick up the quotes Sorry if I missed anyone/anything but getting tired now. I'll be ok later after my nap but then I must get that washer out again cos I want to do the front.

Just had a cancellation for October, poor chap's wife is going in for a spey and can't lift anything for 6 weeks so can't travel all those miles. Shame, but I will give him his deposit back cos it's a long way off October, it's only fair.

Catch you all later then, off to do a bit of ironing and then a nap.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
...[snip]...
Malka, hope you've had that coffee by now, it's gone lunchtime, time to think about lunch maybe.
Drank the coffee cold and lunch has been partaken [well it is 3.30pm here now]. Cold poached fish flaked over a bowl of salad. Yum yum yum.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Just had a cancellation for October, poor chap's wife is going in for a spey and can't lift anything for 6 weeks so can't travel all those miles. Shame, but I will give him his deposit back cos it's a long way off October, it's only fair.
Never heard a human hysterectomy called a spay before! I know all about the six weeks, but...

...Mother had a hysterectomy when we were 4 years old and we were sent away to what I later discovered was an orphanage - no explanation, no visits even from our Father - for six MONTHS. When I had one my kids went to stay with schoolfriends and were brought home the day after I came out of hospital.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Afternoon Helena oh my goodness what a busy day and running away from unknown dogs must be very hectic.
Glad you and Zena are ok.
at your spey comment. Very nice of you to refund them their deposit.

Thank you Harvey.

Well having a nice relaxing day today. Dillon's food arrived so that's all put away put him back onto raw been gradually re-introducing it now I know its only chicken he cannot tolerate not anything else raw upsetting him. Just waiting for his salmon oil delivery.
Hoovered downstairs upstairs all tidy and all washing done yesterday and up to date.
Mince in the slow cooker and bubbling away.
Expecting phone call from Michael sometime later for a lift from Epping.
In the meantime just chilling.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Hello everyone - not had a read through but will do tonight.

Just to let you all know that my father died in the early hours of this morning. Such a relief for us all, and it was very peaceful.

Will be back later on and thank you for your support through the last few months.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Taffsmum -Cor your breakfast sounded lovely
Moyra - Everytime I type a post I end up getting side tracked and by the time I actually finish it and post it loads more people have left messages often answering something I've asked about ..... very inconsiderate I know that your son is having lots of treatment on his back, how about you getting some. Your knees are probably hurting if you are walking in a funny way to compensate your back pain. . I'm glad your eye scan went well.
LS- What a vile man who swore in front of the children - totally unnecessary Hopefully the news will be good when your OH comes back from work.
Helena -Your second walk certainly didn't sound quite so relaxing At least you knew where to take cover. You clearly had a very successful shopping trip but ......... norty norty gel for swapping tickets AGAIN .... but what a good deal My washing line is down at the moment for the decorators to have more room round the side of the house, so this ideal drying weather isn't really helping me. Maybe I can drop it all round to you and my ironing pile. See below but M25 was horrendous.. Enjoy your nap.
Lynn - It sounds like you've had a really productive day so far ... itsn't it a nice feeling when you can sit and chill-out and not feel guilty ..... that rarely happens to me. I hope the traffic is kind to you when you put your 'taxi-hat' on to collect Michael.
Malka - Hi ... I don't want you thinking I'm ignoring you.

I'm about to take the dogs out again as I think 'their' garden is going to be a no-go area for a few days. The balcony rails have been done and I have no way of stopping the dogs rubbing along them or sticking their heads through it. As they clearly have a liking for the paint I just daren't let them near it.
My son, the dogs and I set off on the M25 (Jct 11) to go to visit my Mum to find the motorway signs up near the airport to say queues ahead. That coincided with hearing a travel update which said there had been a nasty accident betweens junctions 16 - 15 (anticlockwise) which was in the other direction to me. I knew it might be slow as people tend to rubber-neck. My brother then phoned my son to say get off the motorway as both lanes are closed between junctions 15-16 (I needed Jct 16 for the M40) I was literally 50yrds from the markings stopping me getting off onto the M4 and with my heart in my mouth I managed it. I ended up gong west on M4 and driving through Iver etc. Thank goodness we got off the motorway as we crossed over the top and I could see it was stationary and apparently lots of people were out of their cars. That would be my worse nightmare having dogs in a stationary car for hours in the sun on the motorway Anyway an hour later we got to Mums and she wasn't too bad at all. At least she wasn't distressed like last time and was happy to listen/watch my son, my brother and me chatting. She also loved having he dogs there. Motorway still bad 1 1/2 later so came home on side roads.

Off to walk the dogs now before it gets even hotter.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Sally, I'm so sorry for your loss but glad for all of you that your Dad's passing was peaceful.
Hugs hugs. Take care.
xxx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 01:57 PM
LabradorLover
Tang again, I hope I have the right person. How do you put up with someone like Moneth. I guess you'd be about right to keep her £100 and then let her go run if she cannot pay her rent on time. How dare she send money out of the country in priority over her housing needs.
She gets away with murder because she has a 3yr old son. Lovely little boy (totally out of control mind you - not his fault - he is left with a succession of different babysitters and in and out of different nurseries and often awake past midnight)

Last month she was telling me she 'had to pay her friends back what she'd borrowed first'!! OH NO sweetie - they are your friends - I am NOT - this is business - rent comes first if they are your real friends they will wait!

It goes on and on and on like Ariston!

*I keep finding cheaper flats for her! But she doesn't want to move tho gawd knows why she likes living RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO ME!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Sally, I am so very sorry for your loss - it is difficult to know what to say but I am glad that your beloved father is now at peace - the peace he wanted. I hope that you and your family will be able to celebrate the wonderful life he had before he was struck down, and remember him as he then was.

May his name and memory be for a Blessing.

(((Hugs))) xxx
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »