Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Hi all, what has happened to our weather

Lynn - what a shame the doggie garden party wasn't as fun as you'd hoped. Thank goodness Aiden and his owner were there for you to chat to and compare notes. Well done to Dillon for being such a good boy though So sorry to hear about your Mum and thank goodness she has returned to hospital and is being given meds to dissolve the blood clot Everything crossed that she is OK.

Taffsmum - I think our rain arrived later than yours but all I know is its feeling really cold now and our heating has gone on. Sorry to hear about your OH's hip and with any luck he'll come back and go to bed My OH isn't due back until about 9 ish, hence me having an easy meal (chilli) for him - although I will probably regret it in bed tonight

June - Congratulations to Keshi ..... with a little help from you too, of course. What a little star she is, especially after you very kindly swapped places with the GSD so that you had the JRT next to you . Rucksack would have been a bundle of nerves convinced that the JRT was going to pounce on him and kill him. Crack open a bottle this evening and have an extra drink - you deserve it.
Yes, the clutch thing was such a surprise and my OH who is very mechanically minded would have changed it instantly had it been showing any signs of getting stiff etc. He won't have had such an easy weekend without the van - he would normally unload the car and leave it under the awning and then sleep in the van (all kitted out). Instead he'll have arrived down in Devon with a soaking wet car on the trailer and will have had to empty all his stuff out of the landy to enable him to have slept in it last night. Never mind, at least he went I had the bed to myself last night ...... bliss ... and a lovely relaxing day today Still no word from your number one son?

LS -Don't you just hate days like you've had. Hopefully it'll get better later .... when everyone is fed and relaxed. ((hugs)). A good tantrum does no harm.

I'm off to have a cuppa and possibly a nap ..... just 'cos I can

See you later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Just had another mum update. Paul younger brother has just left and updated Gill he thinks I am still in Northampton.

They are really not sure what is wrong with her except that she is quite unwell. She has 3 different drips 1 to rehydrate 1 is an antibiotic and not sure but maybe the other one is an anti coagulent. The consultant has told Paul at the moment it could go either way.
Paul mentioned to him if she slipped away while sleeping it would be the nicest way for her but then again she may pull through but she has had told one of the carers and Gill she has no fight left. All the other times she has had her house to go home too that has gone now an she has a room in a big residential home not what she ever wanted.
So we are playing a waiting game.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Aww. (((Hugs))) Lynn. You don't know what to wish for really do you. Whether to hope she pulls through & goes back to where she really doesn't want to be or hope she goes peacefully. It's very difficult for you all.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2013, 04:57 PM
I know how you must be feeling Lynn, and yes it is much nicer if they can slip away into a sleep. My mum's arms were black and blue where they had tried to get a line in and she had pulled them out to escape from the ward, and I said to them you'd be prosecuted doing that to an animal and they agreed. I was so relieved when she went to sleep and as far as I am aware anyway, she slipped away without ever properly waking up. I wouldn't let any of my girls linger on like that at all, it is a living death.
It is heart rending when you get to the point where you know it is better for them not to carry on, and they don't want to anyway, at the same time you have this massive feeling of guilt inside you because of thinking what you are thinking.
Lots of love and hugs from us all, and Keshi sends her Special Puppy Love to you x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Thank you Lynne and June this may sound terrible but I hope she slips away. She is in constant pain physically from all the broken bones over the years and mentally because she has no control over her life anymore at all and is not in the house she loved and had lived in for 50 years. Its no wonder she has no fight left.
She won't mix in the home so really what is there left for her except being miserable.
Knowing my mum she may well rally round.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2013, 05:05 PM
I felt sorry for the man with the little GSD, first time at puppy class and there is a gobsh!te next to you. Bloke with the jrt kept telling it off, but it must have been able to get away with it before, because it took no notice, after Keshi and I stood next to it, it started carrying on at this rather large GSD on the other side of it in between trying to wind Keshi up, and I said to Keshi, ooh look Keshi, there's your lunch, filthy look from bloke but he kept it away from us after that and stopped it launching at us, so must have worried him that my soggy wolf may have been peckish!!!
Eh better your OH than you Jenny
He'll have enjoyed it and been a likkle boy with his toys once again and all the likkle boys will have played together with their toys, lots of back slapping and smutty jokes and then back home to mummy - sorry wifey - for their tea
Looking forward to next weekend already aren't you Jenny oh and you've got the joys of the clutch saga coming for the rest of the week, but at least he'll be playing nicely in the garage so's you can put his 'valuables' on ebay
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Oh Lynn my mum was the same, wouldn't mix but said she was lonely, when it was suggested that she join the luncheon club and the outings it was like you had suggested she chop her arm off.
It doesn't sound terrible to me, it sounds like a human being, none of us are saints and we all have either been there, or going there with our parents, and one day, very sadly it will be us. As has been said, growing old sucks
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Careful if you take any other regular meds with the grapefruit - you can google which meds are affected by grapefruit juice. I believe it's a no no for BP meds.
Not sure about BP medication but my pharmacist has typed on every packet of Simvastatin 'Avoid consumption of grapefruit' which is a pain as I like grapefruit
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
My OH has text me twice from Devon to say he can only get reception if he walks to the top of the 'hill climb'. He did thank me for my help yesterday re-loading the car after the clutch went on the van ... so he is sort of forgiven for the high stress levels before he left.
I thought you were going to say that you sent lots of messages yesterday just so he had to walk up the hill and 'sort of forgiven' is more than generous Enjoy the peace and tranquillity at home this weekend.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I thought you were going to say that you sent lots of messages yesterday just so he had to walk up the hill and 'sort of forgiven' is more than generous Enjoy the peace and tranquillity at home this weekend.
That would have been wonderful but unfortunately he wouldn't have known I'd sent text until he'd got to the top of the hill. ..... and yes I am incredibly generous to him It has been lovely having a day to myself and I feel it has recharged my batteries ..... for a day or so anyway.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >