View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 03:42 PM
I admit I did feel a bit guilty shouting at Bella (but it was about the 6th trip to the bedroom and she did wait right until I got back to my chair before yipping again every time!)

She is not still under the bed. Me leaving the flat to go down and get the rest of the shopping from the car was enough to make her come out.

Here she is - and this face says to me - 'What? I thought you'd like that new game?'

Gawd they can make you feel so guilty can't they? Have to admit I am not in the best of moods. Was up late converting a PDF brochure to a format that my nincompoop boss can type into and gave him detailed instructions - he's cacked it all up and sent it back again.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2013, 03:50 PM
oooh Helena I can't win can I I know you lurve Ash and thought you would like his to see a piccie, but now you say you lurve him too much to see his piccie
Cariad was an absolute Saint at the vets. She lay down and rolled over on her side when I told her, nurse on her hands and knees, stitches were out in a trice, she was given a choccy doggy bone for being good, and proceeded to mither the life out of the nurse for more, so she got more because she never budged whilst the stitches came out, she had her eyes closed though, don't know why, but it was funny like if she couldn't see it happening, it wasn't
Been for the shavings and mince, dropped Cariad off home, back out to put lpg in the car, now....Eldest Son said he put gas in only the other day, mustn't have been much because its just taken £30 more than I've ever paid for gas before, so it must have been empty
Got a text from Eldest Son whilst out, it read ' Aussie Pink Floyd at Jodrell Bank, outside, July, yes or no..' I text back YESSSSS but pray for good weather
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Here is an Ash Fix I've been meaning to put up but kept forgetting, I took it when he was trying to climb over the half door of the puppy palace, he was soooo nearly there, that back leg was very nearly getting to the top of the door as well, but not quite making it thank goodness,
Probably the best photo you've given us, just look at those eyes I might print this one off if you don't object.

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
and tiny flakes of snow are falling though no great amount of snow is forecast.
It's been snowing all day here and we now have at least two foot

This is a view to the West gate (where we have to park the dogmobile to make it easier to get out), taken from an upstairs room:-

And this is the exit from the West gate onto the road which took several hours to clear last Thursday and will have to be done again next week
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2013, 04:41 PM
You are welcome to copy any piccies of my girls or babies, Ash particularly wanted me to put that one up as he knows how much Helena loves him, I daren't tell him it has upset her..... he says he would be there in a trice if it wasn't for the fact his new daddy reserved him before he was even borned....so he can't let him down 'cos he's waited ages n' ages, and now someone called an uncle has died and he has to wait even longer to meet him.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Its been trying to snow all day here, but not stuck at all, I can see it has stuck your end
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Afternoon all,

Been a busy day here and still freezing cold.
O/H has his complaining head on today He keeps complaining it's boiling hot in the house when the rest of us are frozen, and he moaning about how itchy his leg is.

Having a nice stew for tea and it smells lovely.

Hope everyone is well x
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon Jenny are you feeling less down now ?
Thanks Lynn, yes I do feel more positive this afternoon. The more I think about my Mum's situation the more I realise that there is very little I can do about it. I think I'm just not ready to accept that the dementia is changing her so much as I do still see the 'old Mum' sometimes. Thank you so much for asking though.

Harvey - streuth, that is a lot of snow - it makes me feel even colder looking at the photos. Very beautiful though - you live in a lovely scenic area My aunt lives in USA and every winter they get a lot of snow, to the point that on many days she cannot walk her dogs (culmination of 3' - 4'). Keep warm.

OH is back and finally thawing out.

Keith still not here so thought I'd make a dash back on here briefly.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Pat - Sorry I forgot to say, that photo of Bella is priceless. A 'Guilty' look if ever I've seen one So sweet though and how can you get cross with her when she gives you a look like that.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2013, 05:44 PM
How can you shout at a little girl when she looks as forlorn as that
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
OH CAN do most things & he's a perfectionist as well but according to him "I'm 70 this year don't you know, I'm too old to be doing stuff"
Lol, oh not that old chestnut!!!! I do the same with Dave when he sets me yet another mission which probably not many other women would do if I'm honest, and I say "I'm 60 and I'm supposed to be retired"!!!!

June, after Ash has explained all so sweetly to you, I suppose I'd better toughen up and accept the fact that he's going to somebody else, but let him know I would give my right arm won't you He has been my favourite all along ya know I will continue to enjoy his beautiful pics for as long as I get them. Then again, now that you said we can steal some, I might just have today's as my screensaver Thankyou June I have to say, it's the best pic yet apart from the ones the other day when you took them out and he had his backside in the air

Jenny, glad to hear the o/h has returned (did he still have the roof down on the way back?? ) Dave does the opposite, he'll sit in 80 deg without shade to watch his touring cars at Brands and yet when we're on holiday he'll sit in the shade. I was so sorry to read about your mum's condition yesterday, and I do know how very difficult it is to actually come to terms, but I'm sure she still knows who you are whether you think she does or not. I know that because I once told a nurse that my mum doesn't know who I am when I ask her, so the nurse asked if she knew who I was and she turned around and said of course she did, I'm her daughter. So it's still there Jen, somewhere, it's still there ((((((hugs)))))).

Pat, what a lovely pic of your little Bella there, a real picture that is.

Harvey, my goodness you've got a bit of snow there haven't you Can you actually get out in that either on foot or in the dogmobile then? It's hard work walking through snow that deep. I do hope it's not set to last for you.

Sal, sorry to hear that o/h of your has been giving you some jip all day, but I'm sure once you get some of that lovely stew into him he'll shut up and stop whingeing. Hope it's not too long to go now before the plaster comes off and you can get him out of the house again.

Had a lovely sleep, far too long, but who cares, not much else to do at this time of day, and Dave's been watching the rugby so I don't think he noticed just how long I slept.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >