Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
...[snip]...
What ever happened to the days of a make-shift sheet and bit of tinsel around their heads? Mutter mutter.
You have just taken me back well over 60 years to the Nativity Play in Primary School. For some unknown reason twin and I were "helpers" of the three wise men, in outfits that would never be permitted in these PC days.

Brown knitted stockings [Mother's - and hand knitted by her - well it was in the '40s] held up by a pyjama cord round our waists. A striped pyjama top. Large knickers [Mother's?] stuffed with rags to make large bottom bloomers. And striped towels for turbans.

Oh, and brown boot polish on our faces.

Not that we knew what was going on as we had no idea about Christmas or what it was!

How come I remember all that?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Helena I hope you haven't eaten all the pies

Thanks Harvey, I will do a bit of research on strips for our outdoor steps

The puppies are gorgeous , we are all going to miss them terribly when they go. I'm just so pleased you are keeping one.

Chris hopefully Gary's meds can now be sorted out.

I've had a very productive day and have managed to get a lot of jobs done . The kitchen floor tiles (pale cream) have now been scrubbed clean - a killer for my back so hopefully I'll be able to get the protective dressing on before the dogs cover them in mud again

I hope you all have a relaxing evening
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Don't forget the tea towel round the head Linda
Why am I going for a firework Helena,
Can't work that one out......
Got some absolute beautiful piccies downloaded at the library, have sent some over to the babies new families and already had an email back from one of them, he has been waiting so long for a puppy bless him, he contacted me nearly 7 months ago, so has been very patient, most people get fed up and go and buy a GSD
Wait till tomorrow everyone, prepare to be bowled over by Extreme and Utter Cuteness!!!!
Came out of the library and it was hailing, almost snow but not quite, when I drove into the village you could see people's tyre tracks, so dreading that if it freezes tonight, will need to hitch Cariad up to a sleigh for her walk tonight, so's she can pull me then I won't slip
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Good Morning everyone!!

Pleased to hear you all sounding so chipper!! seems my rain has made it over the pond to you now - pouring here again!! hey ho means I can wear my hunters, and my barber hat and look proper posh whilst doglet walking.

Had a lovely weekend, busy day at the craft fair, put our Christmas decs up, I don't care that is just Dec they only come out once a year and so I put them up for as long as I can get away with!!

Hope that you get some results with the Neuro Brierley, it is such a worry, and so pleased you seem to be finding answers, but such a scarey thing that you get answers from a Dog Forum and not the hospital.

Hope that Loki and Pereg are both doing well!!

Happy Monday everyone x
Morning Debbie Glad to hear you've got the correct attire there for dog walks, I didn't realise the trend had travelled as far as the US though. I've normally got my decs up by now, but Dave didn't get around to it this week-end, so he's just told me it'll have to wait until he comes back on Friday now (funny that isn't it - he hates Christmas ya know! ) Have a nice walk even if it is raining.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Hope your lunch went well Mini.

Beautiful puppy fix June.

I tried Carys' fairy/angel dressing up costume on her but it's a little small now. We need one for the nativity but she was ill when the school PTA hired them out and I couldn't find anyone to ask in the playground so I've had to buy a new one. Luckily I've found 25% off in Asda and told her it's an early Christmas pressie.

What ever happened to the days of a make-shift sheet and bit of tinsel around their heads? Mutter mutter.
Lol, yes mutter mutter indeed Linda At least you found one with 25% off but don't tell Carys that bit will you!

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Afternoon all,

After a rather white journey to Inverness discovered there's hardly any snow there at all. All seems to be here!

Quiet day today. This evening will be busy tho, cadets then I'm going to be studying.
Afternoon Lorraine Aren't you the lucky one then! I can't wait for ours in this new house with all these hills lol, that's gonna be a laugh even getting down our driveway
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
You have just taken me back well over 60 years to the Nativity Play in Primary School. For some unknown reason twin and I were "helpers" of the three wise men, in outfits that would never be permitted in these PC days.

Brown knitted stockings [Mother's - and hand knitted by her - well it was in the '40s] held up by a pyjama cord round our waists. A striped pyjama top. Large knickers [Mother's?] stuffed with rags to make large bottom bloomers. And striped towels for turbans.

Not that we knew what was going on as we had no idea about Christmas or what it was!

I remember making my angel outfit out of a sheet and 2 wire coat hangers covered in Tinsel for my wings, and then the halo, I loved my halo so much, wore it for the entire festive period!!!!!

One year I had to be a Panda for our Christmas play, now I am not very religious but I am pretty sure there are no pandas in the nativity This was back in the 70's so maybe it was some save the panda thing going on back then!
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Debbie Glad to hear you've got the correct attire there for dog walks, I didn't realise the trend had travelled as far as the US though.
I think I am the mad English lady starting the trend here!!! everyone here wears Hunters to the Mall to go shopping in, apparently they are a fashion statement!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Awww, I think they sound lovely outfits. I'm not great with a needle and thread and admittedly the costume I've found is down to £6 AND she is still of an age where she will play dress up throughout the year, but still! Knowing my luck she'll be a star next year!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Where did you lot suddenly come from then whilst I was busy typing my answers ??? LOL

Originally Posted by Malka View Post

You remember it grandma because you have a very good memory along with all your marbles still in place (well, most of them!!!) just like me!

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Helena I hope you haven't eaten all the pies

Thanks Harvey, I will do a bit of research on strips for our outdoor steps

The puppies are gorgeous , we are all going to miss them terribly when they go. I'm just so pleased you are keeping one.

Chris hopefully Gary's meds can now be sorted out.

I've had a very productive day and have managed to get a lot of jobs done . The kitchen floor tiles (pale cream) have now been scrubbed clean - a killer for my back so hopefully I'll be able to get the protective dressing on before the dogs cover them in mud again

I hope you all have a relaxing evening
You're alright Jen, I don't eat pies, so I've left them all Oh my goodness, you mean you got down on your hands and knees to scrub those kitchen tiles Jenny - why don't you get a steam mop for that job?? Mine sails through it and afterwards the mop bit is black even though it didn't look dirty in the first place. Hope you haven't done your back in, you need a nice, long sit down in June's chair there, and you have my permission to eat as many of her chocolate biccies as you like along with the pies.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Don't forget the tea towel round the head Linda
Why am I going for a firework Helena,
Can't work that one out......
Got some absolute beautiful piccies downloaded at the library, have sent some over to the babies new families and already had an email back from one of them, he has been waiting so long for a puppy bless him, he contacted me nearly 7 months ago, so has been very patient, most people get fed up and go and buy a GSD
Wait till tomorrow everyone, prepare to be bowled over by Extreme and Utter Cuteness!!!!
Came out of the library and it was hailing, almost snow but not quite, when I drove into the village you could see people's tyre tracks, so dreading that if it freezes tonight, will need to hitch Cariad up to a sleigh for her walk tonight, so's she can pull me then I won't slip
Errrr, you're not June That was a typo of some sort, that's quite weird isn't it when I hate the darn things, oooer, hope you didn't buy one I meant firewood there of course, the collecting of the! Blimey, you be careful on your walk tonight in that kind of weather We've just got mild, wet and damp, really horrible down south.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
I think I am the mad English lady starting the trend here!!! everyone here wears Hunters to the Mall to go shopping in, apparently they are a fashion statement!!
Do you know, I haven't worn Hunter wellies since, waaaay back in 1980 when I used to live in them all day long. Those were the days, those Hunters lasted me for years and years, but I did have the horse to go with them lol! I stopped wearing them when they brought out the blue colour whenever that was, I got into the Mountain Horse range of boots by then coz Hunters started giving me chilblains when it was really cold and frosty, and I never wore them ever again. To the Mall????
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Well you certainly made me stop and think about WHY I was supposed to buy a firework, was there something I had forgotten....and if I couldn't remember what I had forgotten was something VERY WRONG
Only 1 sack of wood today, got loads in stock though and fire been burning merrily most of the day
Talking of mopping kitchens, I have no idea what I am going to do to mop mine, there's puppies on it, the minute I put them in the crate and shut the door it sounds like they are being tortured or something from the noise they make, shrieking, moaning, howling, like something from a Horror Movie
I'm still wearing Hunters, mine used to last years as well, now they don't seem to last more than a year or so.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >