25-11-2012, 10:44 AM
That's the story I read and I did think it wasn't far from you
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
That's the story I read and I did think it wasn't far from you
it's crazy, i drove down western way dropping a friend off yesterday evening before the rain picked up woke up and my mum had texting me asking if i was ok to make sure it wasn't me!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Good morning fellow members a bit late today as I am juggling jobs and the power was been going on and off.
Thank goodness for the laptop with battery which does give me a bit of leeway online .

The early sun has gone and it is now cold and grey, we are surrounded by water but not in it thank goodness.
I have just made a batch of bread rolls and you will all hear me swear if the power goes off when they are cooking though it seems ok now .

Lots more jobs to do including the ironing .
Enjoy you day everyone and stay safe
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
it's crazy, i drove down western way dropping a friend off yesterday evening before the rain picked up woke up and my mum had texting me asking if i was ok to make sure it wasn't me!
Glad it wasn't you, but I heard just now on Sky news it was a 20 year old girl, in a TENT underneath that great, big tree I'm sure I heard that right too, what on earth was she thinking in that appalling weather

Afternoon all, well almost

Sun is shining here, had a lovely walk with Zena, she came home filthy but enjoyed her morning shower with the hose, and I've slammed in the lamb and will be ready for a roast lunch in an hour or so. I put the lamb in at 9 am I know, but it's a big leg and we like it overcooked with crispy skin, mmmmmm

Loving today's puppy fix June

Stay safe out there everyone cos it's coming back again later on today, especially for your lot again down in the West Country
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I heard just now on Sky news it was a 20 year old girl, in a TENT underneath that great, big tree I'm sure I heard that right too, what on earth was she thinking in that appalling weather
Yahoo News said she might have been homeless, if true, then that's sad isn't it
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
oh that is terrible, poor thing..
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
How awful

Sun didn't last long here,we've had showers all morning and now it's proper rain again

I've put the washing in the dryer and managed to find Tom's jumper & my jeans that I lost

The little river by us that runs down into the docks & into the Severn is not far away from flooding
The lake has flooded,the cricket pitch is under water & the skate park,Tom walks that way to school so he will be told to use the main roads tomorrow.

Stay safe everyone x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Yes my son has just told me she was homeless. Very, very sad.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Very dark here and still raining. It was lashing down when I took Cariad for her late walk last night, so I was all togged up like I was going to sea
Babies on top form this morning, I have sheets over the crate sides and back to keep them from draughts and the light whilst their eyes open properly, so have started moving the sheets back a bit, cleaned crate and changed bedding whilst Cariad had brekkie, put them back in. When I looked at them again they were all sat in a row looking through the gap
Here is today's Fix

Glad everyone survived the night, have been looking at the news very briefly and it is very sad someone has been killed
I know what you mean about the Mac, Lyn, I have no idea what you are looking for or what it does when you find it, but good luck, it is from another planet, but will have to put up with this one as I doubt I will be able to afford to get my old lappie repaired. Keep having to use the netbook to do stuff like editing piccies in paint as I have no idea if there is one on Mac or how to find it. Bet you are on pins for Gordon coming home now, like everyone says it doesn't seem that long ago you were in a state over him going. Now your mum's house is sorted out, and he is on the way back, and you have money in the bank, so not all bad eh
Glad to hear Gary is now turning the corner and becoming himself again. Those TV's are a rip off in hospital, what with the cost of getting there and parking, it is an expensive business these days. I never knew their were subtitles on them, otherwise I would have put one on for my mum when she was in hospital last year just before she passed away.
Well it may well be a day in for me today, apart from taking Cariad for a wander round, as the rain is really coming down again now.
Stay safe everyone
Afternoon June.
Wow they are growing not long before all the mischief begins. I googled the option key and have found it not that it is making much difference to be honest. Grrrrrrr.

Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
Woke up to find out someone got killed on a road less than a mile away from me after a tree fell on them. Not good.

Now evaluating how little i can be bothered to do today.
Afternoon such a tragedy .
Not the kind of weather to want to do much.

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning fellow members a bit late today as I am juggling jobs and the power was been going on and off.
Thank goodness for the laptop with battery which does give me a bit of leeway online .

The early sun has gone and it is now cold and grey, we are surrounded by water but not in it thank goodness.
I have just made a batch of bread rolls and you will all hear me swear if the power goes off when they are cooking though it seems ok now .

Lots more jobs to do including the ironing .
Enjoy you day everyone and stay safe
Afternoon Mini.

I hope the power stayed on and the bread rolls got cooked.

That poor girl.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

25-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Afternoon All I am at 6's and 7's today, slept in this morning and running around like a blue bottom fly now! Took Lok out and she took me walkies where she wanted to go!

I'll be having Soochie parrot stew for dinner if Soochie doesn't stop screeching - she's driving me and PJ potty!! LOL

Hope you all enjoy a good day today.

Take care.
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »