View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2012, 10:13 PM
New link: Latest Betsy video....prepare to be amazed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDMIbx3G3xo
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Aahhh, more fab videos of the very clever Betsy. Wonderful. I never get fed up watching Betsy, she's so talented. I loved her putting her toys away, maybe that's something I could work on....
I can't believe how much dogs actually use their brains, it's like you can see them actually thinking about what they have to do. I'm loving it I think Bailiie is too

We've been practising with our clicker and I've managed to get Bailiie to stand on a book with all four paws, not bad for a beginner I didn't think!
We also managed to go round a big tin with her front paws on the tin and walking around it (if you know what I mean ).
I've also been set a challenge - I have to teach Bailiie to do a trick and she's not really a trick dog just yet so I'm trying to work on getting Bailiie to jump up into my arms. I've started by getting her to put her front paws on my knees whilst kneeling up and I've stood in a stooped position and managed to get her to touch my hand whilst held against my thigh with her two front paws but that's where we are up to for now. I have two weeks to crack it!!
Long way to go I think

labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Aahhh, more fab videos of the very clever Betsy. Wonderful. I never get fed up watching Betsy, she's so talented. I loved her putting her toys away, maybe that's something I could work on....
I can't believe how much dogs actually use their brains, it's like you can see them actually thinking about what they have to do. I'm loving it I think Bailiie is too

We've been practising with our clicker and I've managed to get Bailiie to stand on a book with all four paws, not bad for a beginner I didn't think!
We also managed to go round a big tin with her front paws on the tin and walking around it (if you know what I mean ).
I've also been set a challenge - I have to teach Bailiie to do a trick and she's not really a trick dog just yet so I'm trying to work on getting Bailiie to jump up into my arms. I've started by getting her to put her front paws on my knees whilst kneeling up and I've stood in a stooped position and managed to get her to touch my hand whilst held against my thigh with her two front paws but that's where we are up to for now. I have two weeks to crack it!!
Long way to go I think
Aww. I have told her that and her ears pricked up and you got a tail wag

It took a good while. We started with holding the toy, toy moving forwards in (very) general direction of the draw (on the ground so more surface area- less likely to fail. Then progressed onto her touching or dropping it within about 20cm of the draw. Then on the draw. Then in the draw. (you get the picture!) and LOTS of jackpotting when she gets it right. Then when I felt confident I stuck it back in the unit and then viola..after a few more tries she got the idea!

Now, at the moment I'm teaching (backwards) stacking cups. Some sessions she seems to get it, others she wants to eat the cup (*facepalm*). I'm only spending about a minute or 2 on this time and finish as soon as she has done a row of 3 right. Then we have a play, she then has a sleep. Then walkies!

We tried the book trick with Betsy, she ate the book. Might give that a few days

With the arms, could you get a broom and make a |\ shape with your leg? and teach jumping through that first? and then slowley replace with your arms?
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Betsy struts her stuff again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U81Zymvm_-4
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-10-2012, 05:47 AM
Betsy's done it again, just wonderful. Love her stakies and pokies.

I tried getting Bailiie to stand in a shallow cardboard box yesterday but it went horribly wrong she ate the box, tore it into shreds

I have managed to get her to lie on a tiny footstool though which we thought was fab

Keep them coming, we just love Betsy's tricks...

labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Aww thanks. That's really clever, she must have great rear end awareness! Piccies ???
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Latest Betsy update: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG7oK...ature=youtu.be

enjoy
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Love the Betsy video - well done. I didn't manage to get piccies of Bailiie on the footstool but I did get some of her in an "in" tray which I borrowed from work! And I managed to get her to lie on top of it too

This week I've been working on getting her to give her paw; I know our tricks are all really basic compared to Betsy but we've come a really long way as she will now lift her paw for me it's only taken two years!!
I so wish I knew of clickers when I got her as a puppy but I'm so glad I joined dogsey back in May as all this learning has come from here and all the inspiration has come from Betsy so thank you

smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2012, 07:01 AM
Well done you and do not belittle your achievements, nobody popped out of the womb with all the skills, knowledge, ability, training and experience to do anything let alone train a dog.

And we all have different goals and preferences.

Not everybody wants to train their dog to do tricks just as not everyone wants to do agility, obedience, tracking etc.

So doing what you are comfortable with and what both you and your dog enjoy is the most important thing.

She does look cute in the tray!
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Well done you and do not belittle your achievements, nobody popped out of the womb with all the skills, knowledge, ability, training and experience to do anything let alone train a dog.

And we all have different goals and preferences.

Not everybody wants to train their dog to do tricks just as not everyone wants to do agility, obedience, tracking etc.

So doing what you are comfortable with and what both you and your dog enjoy is the most important thing.

She does look cute in the tray!
Thank you so much SB for those lovely comments. We are enjoying every minute of the clicker training and I'm still in awe of how dogs can learn so much and want to learn so much just with the help of this little tool and a few treats
You've made my day

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >