View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Nobody can ever guarantee 100% that their dog will not be mated if it is not neutered . Any dog can be lost or stolen . Even with the best owners in the world these things can and do happen .
I can see both points of view here .
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
Nobody can ever guarantee 100% that their dog will not be mated if it is not neutered . Any dog can be lost or stolen . Even with the best owners in the world these things can and do happen .
I can see both points of view here .
Nobody can guarantee they will not have a car accident - should we ban cars now?

You can demonstrate you are a responsible dog owner, and tbh, the number one priority should be the dogs health. That's what makes me mad - the way it is secondary to what frankly, would be better dealt with in other ways (look at countries like Sweden - where the emphasis is on the act, not the 'risk of the act').

I really do despair, and find it peculiar and highly contrary to what you'd expect from purported 'animal welfare organisations'

Poor Logan, even if he's lucky to find a good, experienced home - he'll still have the odds stacked against him - because of the rescues insistence to castrate him, and at such a young age.

Good luck Logan - you sure are going to need it
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Sorry it hasn't worked out - when I started reading I was very hopeful for you. Logan is a lovely looking lad, what a shame. I understand that you couldn't risk going through what you went through with Rocky again. I love Loki to bits but I wouldn't want to go through what I do with him again. I don't think the rescue will chance their policy - I hope Logan finds a forever home as good as the one you would have given him.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

21-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Sorry it hasn't worked out - when I started reading I was very hopeful for you. Logan is a lovely looking lad, what a shame. I understand that you couldn't risk going through what you went through with Rocky again. I love Loki to bits but I wouldn't want to go through what I do with him again. I don't think the rescue will chance their policy - I hope Logan finds a forever home as good as the one you would have given him.
Thanks Linda. Like you, I am far more cautious and particular about things, having lived with a dog with a number of health ailments.

I hope Loki is doing ok - give him a hug from me
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Sorry it's not worked out Azz. I'd have made the same decision as you in all honesty. I'm not anti spay/neuter and understand why rescues insist on it being done but I find neutering a baby disgusting I'm afraid.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4