View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Brilliant. Spent it at my parents. Only downside is he doesn't sleep in strange(er) places especially if there's stuff going on so by the end of the day he curls up and wants to be left alone. Trying to impart this to others isn't always easy. Had a really good growl at my dad but as he was teasing him about taking his bone while he was in his bed he was asking for it.
Once he's growled at one person he'll growl at everyone though so I swapped bone for chorizo and peace was restored.
chicky123
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Fine..it was just us....so she was as placid and laid back as usual...slept most of it...except for her walks/runs with hubby...
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Not too well.. Poor Kismet... She hates change, hates other dogs, doesn't really like children. and its still on going...

We have two more dogs coming to visit and a friend with a 1yr old...

Poor Kismet

She getting a bit brattish with all the presents and food tidbits... Brattish in Kismet world equals snappy and stroppish.

Not looking foreword to the one year old visit.. Poor Kis will have to spend it in the garden.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Aw hugs to Tilly xxx

Mine did me proud

And it was very different this year, a new baby, and christmas day away down south being spoilt by Paul's brother and family in their house. They managed just a quick walk on the morning before we set off, then a walk when we got home with a few runs around their garden whilst we were there. They laid in the hall by themselves quietly whilst we ate our dinner no bother, then chilled with us in the lounge.

Keisha just wanted to play

Zeke just wanted to be cuddled by his nephew!

And keisha enjoyed opening presents with the baby

They've had so many visitors recently to the house and done so well, just keisha's wierd habit of barking at people if they've gone up to the loo then come back into the room but she soon stops when told.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Not too well.. Poor Kismet... She hates change, hates other dogs, doesn't really like children. and its still on going...

We have two more dogs coming to visit and a friend with a 1yr old...

Poor Kismet

She getting a bit brattish with all the presents and food tidbits... Brattish in Kismet world equals snappy and stroppish.

Not looking foreword to the one year old visit.. Poor Kis will have to spend it in the garden.
ah poor Kismet, it's horrible when they don't like all the commotion isn't it.
I've had more visitors today & finger pointed & pleaded with them at the door to please ignore Tilly completely, just pretend she's not there & they obeyed thankfully & all was relaxed. Tilly went up to them after about 10 minutes for a sniff but I still won't let anyone touch her indoors, then she just toddled off to her bed. It's harder to train humans than dogs me thinks!
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-12-2011, 04:02 PM
well cheech turned into a cat when my niece got here lol,
shes a bit over the top with dogs and he doesnt like her, he was sitting with me well she was busy but when she started playing with marley, cheech went out of the room i heard a bit of a scrabble then he came in grabbed his new poundland blankets and went again....
i went to look for him after a few mins and he had managed to get on top my bearded dragon tank ?
just wish i got some picks
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2011, 04:20 PM
It was a great experience for Rosie. First visitors to the house - my oldest lad on Christmas day and youngest lad with his two kids on Boxing day staying the night until lunchtime today and my 'ickle puppy coped very, very well. A little stressed when the kids first arrived, but more to do with the activity level than the kids themselves. She very quickly adapted to the pace though.

It's so stressful when dogs can't cope. My Sam, bless him, used to love all the changes, but Jade really couldn't cope with any of it and you could see the relief in her when it was all over.

I'm so relieved that Rosie has done so well this year, but she's a confident little pup so I really didn't envisage any problems
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Sounds like some have had a stressful time with their dogs.

Dougal became anxious when we moved furniture around to accommodate our dining table, he starts acting very anxious and really hates it if I have to stand on anything to get to top shelves...the problem with this is that I am short and frequently have to stand on stuff to reach top shelves. It's something I need to work on cause it's not fair on him.

Dougal loved the holiday period, he went daft cause he was getting all sorts of turkey dinner scraps, so Christmas was a lovely time for our Dougs..and yes, the sprouts had an effect...we had to open windows Between OH and Dougal I got gassed out of the living room!
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2011, 07:48 PM
I am so so so sorry Tilly had a hard time

Jinty loved everything...... we stayed at my mums house, which she has beento several times, and the youngest person was 11. Jin doesn't let people grab or approach her much, but she will let them play with her. Everyone played with her.

The only bit she didn't like was my mums bf who doesn't even live there. He winds dogs up by growling or staring at them, so she woofed at him.

I really hope Tilly has recovered and is happy again. It can be so hard for some babies xxxx
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
We never have any visitors so no trouble from that point of view! For the dogs, pretty much like it was for me, Christmas was just another day, except for the dinner.
Us too -though we did have my Mum around on Christmas day which was the first time she has been to our home for months. She likes being in her own place at her age (87).

Parker and Izzy have been fine-though they have both decided they want the same toy to play with despite having a stockingful of new ones each

Sorry about your Dad being bitten Tillymint-I feel your embarrassment.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >