Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Activites that interest me or I have done:
*Agility - think it's fab and one day would like to compete with a dog.
*Obedience - there are lots of other disciplines I prefer to obedience and it's not high on my list of likes but I wouldnt rule out competing with a dog one day. The dogs do it now and are pretty good.
*Gundog work (GWT's SPT's and FT's) this has become my true love since getting Flynn and something I will definately be concentrating on in the future.
*Working trials - something i've never participated in, though watched some trials and it's a discipline I wil be getting into in the future.
*Tracking - had a bit of a go and scentwork with a dog fascinates me.

Activites that dont interest me:
* HTM - I appreciate the work that goes into teaching a dog this but I find it godawful boring to watch and verging on silly.
* Showing - never been interested, I prefer to see dogs doing something with the skills that were bred into them/come naturally than standing in a ring being judged on how they look.
*PAT - I simply dont have the people skills or enough humanity in me to participate in the scheme.
*Flyball - been to some classes and they were Hell. Cant be doing with the noise and chaos.
*Cani-X - too much effort needed on my part. I dont do jogging/running!
*Weight pulling - dont see the point and it's usually breeds which i'm not a lover of which train/compete.
*Dock Dogs - dont mind watching and entered it once but again, it's pointless IMO.

Activities I will probably never experience but have a mild interest in:
*Herding
*Schutzhund
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Things i do

Work 2 out of 5 on a shoot during the season
Meg was at competition level in Agility but measured large, so stopped doing it because she would never have competed with the collies
Meg and Neam both do Flyball, i love the fact that they don't have to be ultra fast to compete, thats what seed times are for, you only compete in the division your teams time seeds you in, its worked wonders for bringing scaredy bum Neam out of her shell, cos she's ball obsessed, and from a personal point of view i enjoy the social side of it.
Millie swims once a fortnight.

No interest in,

HWTM, competitive obedience or showing.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm happy to have a go at most things.

I love showing and the social side that goes with it.
I like agility but my dogs don't. I think Keiko will enjoy it though when she's old enough.
I love scootering
like cycling and cani x but need to work on my own fitness.

Planning to try -

Weight pull with Keiko next year
Mushing with Keiko once she gets the hang of scootering
Rally.

Don't have the right dog-

Schutzhund
Dock Dogs

No interest -

Flyball
Competition Obedience
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2011, 08:46 PM
I am interested in WT's and would love to give that a go. I have a transport and time problem (as in cant go to training or trials at mo) but I still want to give this a go when I can, hopefully with Loui initially until I know more...

Rally-O looks like good fun but not much here.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4