Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
ive started giving my cats raw meat now instead of their pouches, and they love it havent tried them with bone yet, and also thinking about ordering the natural instinct food for the cats.
one of mine tucks into chicken legs now and she is there for ages she gets really into it but eventually leaves the rest for a sleep then Loui finishes it off. I think she would like the day old chicks! They eat a bit of chicken mince too though and they like canned fish, usually mackerel, tuna (not as often) or pilchards in tomato sauce. One of them likes fish oil capsules too, just like a treat For Loui a day old chick would be like a clicker treat or something I don't actually think that Loui would eat a chick because he knows to leave them alone in the garden (not chicks just birds and nests) the cats on the other hand...I think they would be having a ball

EDIT; if you feed fish a couple of times a week, if they are whole then they will include bone too, so maybe your feeding about 5x a week?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Shrap View Post
My cats won't eat bone. I'm going to try that natural instinct now!!! Didn't realise they did it for cats!! Fab!!
yeah they do... only just started it recently and they only have one flavour.. but im seriously considering it, the dogs are on raw so the cats can be too
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
one of mine tucks into chicken legs now and she is there for ages she gets really into it but eventually leaves the rest for a sleep then Loui finishes it off. I think she would like the day old chicks! They eat a bit of chicken mince too though and they like canned fish, usually mackerel, tuna (not as often) or pilchards in tomato sauce. One of them likes fish oil capsules too, just like a treat For Loui a day old chick would be like a clicker treat or something I don't actually think that Loui would eat a chick because he knows to leave them alone in the garden (not chicks just birds and nests) the cats on the other hand...I think they would be having a ball

EDIT; if you feed fish a couple of times a week, if they are whole then they will include bone too, so maybe your feeding about 5x a week?
they are only the tins of sardines or pilchards, they do have bones in. i know the sardines do anyway...
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 07:24 PM
I feed bones mibby twice a week
a little more if its soft bones like chicken and a little less if its a really dense bone
I tried every other day when I was new at this but Ben was PAINFULLY constipated

So basically I feed based on their poo

and I dont feed veggies unless I have cooked something healthy and have leftovers
DvnBiker
Dogsey Junior

07-11-2011, 08:35 PM
My lot have mince with 10% bone in it for brekkie and then for evening meals it will be one day rmb such as necks, carcusses, lamb ribs, pork ribs and the next evening meal will be chunked meat such as heart, tripe or beef. Seems to work for us.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Teg has RMBs roughly every other day. Chicken wings, carcasses etc one day then mince/chunks the next. If he has big bone meal like lamb ribs then would have two days of meat.
LuluandElvis
New Member!
Female 

21-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Just make sure that the diet is balanced. If you are feeding raw the dogs need fruit and veg too. Check the dogs poo,
if constipated you need to add in more veg...
Feeding raw is great but unless fed properly the dog will not
get everything he needs.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 08:01 PM
They get veg and fruit now and again. They get tripe as well.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2011, 08:28 PM
I feed bone everyday, proportional to their size, even the pug pup manages half a small carcass cut into bite size pieces with a hacksaw.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I feed bone everyday, proportional to their size, even the pug pup manages half a small carcass cut into bite size pieces with a hacksaw.
Thanks. I'm feeding bones every day at the minute as a trial because of my food order not coming. It's going ok although they don't seem to want their meals so much.. Although I think that daphni coming in season may have something to do with it
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >