15-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Bless him

Really hope Bailey is well enough to come home soon xx
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Bailey says thank you everyone for the good vibes

Just dropped him back at the emergency vets for over night observation but he's BRILLIANT compared to yesterday

He'd got some chunks of bone stuck they'd passed through his stomach and there was a big chunk just outside his bowel and the rest of his - dunno what it's called - the intestine(?) basically from his bowel to his bum hole!! was jam packed with bone and poo all the extra food he's eaten on top of it had backed right up into his stomach which is why it was solid !!

They've had to make one incision at the top and remove the biggest chunk then one lower down to sqeeze the compacted stuff out

He's so much brighter and happier - the vet said even under sedation his tail didn't stop wagging

He'd fitted under whichever sedative they gave him last night so I've made a note of the one that my vet used and will make sure I write it down everywhere to make sure he only gets that one in future as he was fine on it.

Hopefully providing everything goes ok tonight he'll be home tomorrow - woooohooooo - already been to ASDA to buy him a new quilt and cover so he can fully spread out on it

So that'll be no more raw bones for him, he obviously doesn't chew them properly

Just got the nightmare fortnight to get through now where I try and keep him calm and he drives me potty behaving like a loony - but boy am I glad I've got it I don't even want to think about the alternative

Thankyou everyone for your support, it really does mean a lot to me, just being able to vent to like minded, doggy understanding people is brill - THANK YOU again
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 07:44 PM
I am so glad to hear they got to the bottom of it and thats he's going to be ok. Fingers crossed he will be home tomorrow. Gentle hugs for the delicate boy.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm really pleased that Bailey is so much better, poor lad, no wonder he is feeling brighter with all of that removed, what a shocker
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
But he's OK, that's all that matters

Now to fashion a ramp for the car for him hmmmmmmm got glue, hammer, nails and wood - this could be intersting
Thank God for that news

Let me know how you get on with the ramp, I have to make one sometime as well
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2011, 08:04 PM
That's great news!!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Oh what a relief... [wipes brow and breathes again]
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 08:08 PM
thats fantastic you can sleep better 2nite x
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Just read through all this with my heart in my mouth, and what a relief to get to the happy ending.

I am so so glad that the problem was found and sorted, and I am sure that he will love his new bed!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 10:55 PM
heck, what a roller-coaster ride for you all.

So pleased that Bailey is fine. Hope he milks up the extra TLC which I am sure he will get in abundance
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >