Our sister sites
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Any worries about door etiquette?
or surprises..
None of mine really bother about people coming in and out, and they can't really escape out to anywhere.

If I lived next to a road or something then I'd probably have collars on them.

With regards to surprises - I just grab the scruff of the neck. Although if I owned bigger dogs I think again collars would be needed!!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Nope because mine dont wear collars inside, I dont like the way they break the fur and create a line in the coat so they only where them when they are out.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
How not?

(need to get character count up to post )
Cos I have an inner vestibule.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Well your dogs are less likely to need a collar than some other users@(SB) ..
Dogs with a wonder lust for instance or a door left open unexpectedly...
Yeah depends on the dog I guess - my back door is open all day long for the dogs to go in and out.

I did have a baby gate at the kitchen door up until recently - until the youngest managed to jump over it from a standstill!!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Well your dogs are less likely to need a collar than some other users ..
Dogs with a wonder lust for instance or a door left open unexpectedly...
If they did get onto the front garden - Benjie would wait by the car, Louie and Sadie - never leave my side.

But they are microchipped - won't leave with strangers (easily - they'd put up a fight and let us know about it) and know better than to go out of the drive without us.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 05:38 PM
We have an indoor-only houdini cat... we never ever have two doors leading to the outside open at a time anyway - so if the back door's open the kitchen one's closed, if the front door IS open (rare) then we have the living room door closed... have lived like that for years anyway so it's force of habit (cat's missing back leg means she couldn't up-jump if a dog chased her or similar... allegedly... this is the moggie that scaled a 7 foot fence with ease but it was a condition on homing her that she was indoor only). Then the back gate's always locked anyway with either bolts or the key lock we've got in it.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 06:46 PM
nope. mine dont wear their collars inside. they dont need them on indoors, so they just have theirs on outside
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 06:56 PM
I don't like Molly wearing a collar indoors so she only has an outdoor collar.

Any worries about door etiquette?
or surprises..
I don't worry so much about this where I am now because my backdoor leads onto a fenced yard and my front door opens onto a closed porch. Plus if Molly does escape (Not that I'd want her to but just in case) we are in the middle of nowhere so she'd not be at risk of running into the roads.

However, my new flat is right next to a very busy A road so when I move in I'll be purchasing a soft indoor collar.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Nope, Jake doesn't wear a collar indoors.

I don't worry about him getting out a door, or anything. We rarely use the front door, and all our friends and family use the back door which leads to the enclosed garden. The front door is a different matter, coz we share the front garden and the gate is often left open. We have a porch bit though, so Jake can be shut behind the door. Even if he did get out though, I am 99% sure that he wouldn't leave the garden.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 09:39 PM
They only have one collar each (what can I say, I'm a tight northerner! ) and they only wear them when out and about. I've had one incidence of Isla almost hanging herself by her collar on the kitchen cupboard door handle and another incidence where Isla got her jaw stuck in Oscar's collar during a play fight and all Hell broke loose. So I don't take the chance any more. The only dog that wore his collar 100% of the time was Pickles and that was because he was a serial Houdini!
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >