View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 12:44 PM
We've seen a dead fox on our walk - literally just a bit of fur and a skeleton..

And there was a baby fox on the side of the road near my house - poor thing..

Beautiful pictures though
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Great pictures again there Alf, just goes to show how very well camouflaged they are.

We had one staring in at us through the french doors the other night Thankfully, the dogs were sleeping this side with their backs to it!!

It must be their breeding season now, maybe, as they're making an awful lot of noise at night, some of it sounds like a baby being murdered or a cat, and then there's that strange barking that they do which is very loud in the dead of night.
It's the vixen who makes that extraordinary noise - I always think it sounds like a swallowed bark, if that makes sense! In all the 23 years that we have lived here, we have never managed to see them in the garden. By the time we have tiptoed to the window they have gone
Alf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
If Diesel was there he would of done his best to make sure it was a dead fox, he hates them : shock:, I prefer not seeing them though, I've seen a few out in the day, and its not normal for them, their either generally unhealthy or had their behaviour changed by people, and neither is good. Tbh that Fox was lucky you found it and not someone else, a wild animal should ideally have more wits about it, nice pics though.
I find that when the cubs are quite large, sometimes the vixen or indeed the whole family have to hunt during daylight.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Great pictures again there Alf, just goes to show how very well camouflaged they are.

We had one staring in at us through the french doors the other night Thankfully, the dogs were sleeping this side with their backs to it!!

It must be their breeding season now, maybe, as they're making an awful lot of noise at night, some of it sounds like a baby being murdered or a cat, and then there's that strange barking that they do which is very loud in the dead of night.
The mating season is generally December/January. What you are hearing is probably the vixen calling her cubs.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
I find that when the cubs are quite large, sometimes the vixen or indeed the whole family have to hunt during daylight.

The mating season is generally December/January. What you are hearing is probably the vixen calling her cubs.
Oh yes, because September used to be......... the evil cubbing season didn't it!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 10:45 PM
I love foxes, and they are lovely pics

There is a bridge that goes over the park next to my house, and I was looking down into the river one day, and there on the bank in as wee space in between the bushes was a wee fox, curled up asleep It was sooooo cute, and I stood for ages watching it... and every so often it made a wee slight movement.
Alf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I love foxes, and they are lovely pics

There is a bridge that goes over the park next to my house, and I was looking down into the river one day, and there on the bank in as wee space in between the bushes was a wee fox, curled up asleep It was sooooo cute, and I stood for ages watching it... and every so often it made a wee slight movement.
Special moments in time aren't they?
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4