Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
We confronted them DIRECTLY. I am telling the 100% truth, the company was a disgrace and let us down all the time. The food WAS rotten, we had GREEN chicken, they blames "asian festivals" and all sorts. their "refrigerated" vehicles turned out to be a clapped out estate car. Dont you try and tell me what I KNOW to be true isnt true Gnasher because it bloody well is!
Unlike you m'dear, I will gracefully back down and apologise then. I am very sorry to have accused you of exaggeration.

You might want to give them another chance though, because this is not our experience at all with them. Although we actually don't use them any more, simply because they pack their meats in "rolls" rather than flat oblongs which fit better in the freezer, we found them very good.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
ooo ... yum yum!!
i know i cant complain. they love it. and daphni used to be so fussy with her food. she eats every meal now.

We used this company for a long time, they were local to us. We hand on heart cannot count on one hand the amount of correct deliveries of FRESH food we had, they were always excuses, always. We use TPMS now and have not once, ever had a single issue with late delivery or bad food, ever.

We had from them (landywoods) about 400lb of chicken and 100lb of tripe a month. Often the chicken was chucked out because it was rotten, green and slimey, the tripe was the same on several occasions.
must admit ive never ordered chicken mince from them. ive ordered the wings though and never had a problem with those.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i know i cant complain. they love it. and daphni used to be so fussy with her food. she eats every meal now.

must admit ive never ordered chicken mince from them. ive ordered the wings though and never had a problem with those.
No, neither have I. Tbf to Dawn, I did used to find that the chicken wings were not exactly slimey, but certainly in a condition that were they for human consumption you would not bother. However, perfectly OK for dogs, and they certainly were not green and rotten, just meaty smelling
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Unlike you m'dear, I will gracefully back down and apologise then. I am very sorry to have accused you of exaggeration.

You might want to give them another chance though, because this is not our experience at all with them. Although we actually don't use them any more, simply because they pack their meats in "rolls" rather than flat oblongs which fit better in the freezer, we found them very good.
There is no chance we would give them another go Gnasher, no. We used them for over a year and have no intention of A: wasting money on rotten food, and B:risking feeding it to clients pets. I am aware that they changed premises and the service improved for a while, but judging by many threads on this site alone they seem to have slipped into their old ways and its not something we want repeated here.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 10:08 PM
There is no chance we would give them another go Gnasher, no. We used them for over a year and have no intention of A: wasting money on rotten food, and B:risking feeding it to clients pets. I am aware that they changed premises and the service improved for a while, but judging by many threads on this site alone they seem to have slipped into their old ways and its not something we want repeated here.
Fair enough if that is your opinion, but we merely stopped using them simply because of the shape of their frozen packages. Rotten food, if it were truly rotten, will not hurt dogs in any case ... you are anthropomorphising ... but you are entitled to your opinion. I still would have no hesitation in recommending them.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Rotten food, if it were truly rotten, will not hurt dogs in any case ... you are anthropomorphising ... but you are entitled to your opinion. I still would have no hesitation in recommending them.
It might not be but I certainly wouldn't pay good money for rotten food. Yes, my dogs eat manky rabbits that they find but if I am buying them food, I wouldn't waste my money on rotten food.

Helen
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Fair enough if that is your opinion, but we merely stopped using them simply because of the shape of their frozen packages. Rotten food, if it were truly rotten, will not hurt dogs in any case ... you are anthropomorphising ... but you are entitled to your opinion. I still would have no hesitation in recommending them.
Ha! thats a classic Gnasher. Of course Ill feed green chicken to clients pets, what a wonderful idea!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
It might not be but I certainly wouldn't pay good money for rotten food. Yes, my dogs eat manky rabbits that they find but if I am buying them food, I wouldn't waste my money on rotten food.

Helen
Yes helen, like you would PAY for rotten meat, classic that isnt it!
Michele T
New Member!
Female 

02-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by SarahJade View Post
I got some tripe from P@H and god it stinks! I mean everything in the freezer smells! All the cardboard boxes (ready meal boxes and stuff) just stink! It's not spilt out or anything, it just makes everything stink! I defrosted it and it didn't really smell any worse, but no chance he is having it indoors! He can eat it outside or not at all!
I use Jays Animal Feeds, near Doncaster, and their tripe is ok. Dogs wolf it down. Ok, it smells a little more in the hot weather but the dogs seem to love it more when it is smellier! Its clean as well.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4