View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 07:15 AM
I don't like being locked in! The dogs always travel in crates. No-one is going to steal my heap!
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 07:17 AM
If Toby manages to unlock the door it means he's already undone his seatbelt and climbed into the front. Hopefully I'd notice that in time to stop him!

I used to worry more with the old car as he was in the boot which for some reason was the only door the 'door not shut properly' beep/light didn't work for
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 08:29 AM
I always thought it was illegal to lock the drivers door when the driver was driving

It was never an issue before i got this new car as manual cars you can lock any single door/boot manually or key in case of boot/back doors. Lot to be said for manual cars !

If my mum is in the car & i locked it, she would get upset. If i go to vets for meds/food & have dogs in car, i would lock them in whilst i went into vets,even tho the vets have their own car park
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 09:34 AM
We've just seen about 7 or 8 fatalities (not including the suicide jump dead body my step-father found) from people driving into the river at my parents - the track is that blooming deadly and the council won't do anything about it.

We all even take our seatbelts off when we get off the proper road and onto it as well just in case. It's vile vile vile - hate that track!
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2011, 09:37 AM
mine are in a crate in the back of the van so hopefully they wouldnt be able to get out but i admit i do still lock the back door
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 09:43 AM
My main worry is Toro, she'd be daft enough to jump out...I left my landrover door open once with Inka in the back and drove off, saw this guy in the wing mirror running after us shouting and waving franticly, only then I looked in the rear view and saw what I'd done...Inka was sitting as if to say, right its gonna be a bit airy in here, but I'll give it a go, I trust mum lollllllllllll...
I also panik that some one would try to steal Toro, none of mine guard the car, so I always make sure its locked if I go into a shop, bullies can be so friendly they'll go with anyone !! x
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Mine are in purpose built rigid plastic crates that are so heavy they dont move so should be ok.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 12:35 PM
I only ever lock the doors if i'm in a dodgy area. The dogs are behind a tailgate guard so couldnt just fall out anyway.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 01:22 PM
We lock the doors since at traffic lights one day someone just opened the back door of our car and got in ! Luckily we didn't have the dogs with us but it freaked us out rather - turned out he was so drunk he had no idea what he was doing at all and it took a call to the police to get him out again.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I always thought it was illegal to lock the drivers door when the driver was driving
It is not illegal to lock he driver's door when driving, and many police RECOMMEND that you keep your car doors locked at all times.

http://www.merseyside.police.uk/inde...articleid=9764
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >