Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by HiHoSilver View Post
What she WAS good at was ignoring things she didn't want to see.
Sadly this is something which many humans are extremely good at, they have the ability to ignore inconvenient truths, and in it's extreme form it is a mental problem. We once had some one right here on Dogsey who created an incurable illness for herself completely ignoring the fact she had no such thing. I often bang on about the media and in these matters they have a lot to answer for since they delude viewers into thinking that by ignoring something it will go away just like a lot of news stories that hit the headlines and then just disappear like they never existed.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-05-2011, 10:16 PM
So so awful to hear about this This wasn't the girl with loads of pets who was evicted from her flat?
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-05-2011, 08:27 AM
You're right in a way Reuben but she doesn't have a mental illness that excuses what she did.
I don't blame those of you who have chosen not to look at the pictures from the raid.
There were a lot of dead animals in the pictures,many had been dead a long time which goes back to my theory on laziness.She couldn't be bothered to dispose of the bodies.An Akita is a big job to bury but to leave it lying where it died in a bedroom?
Cats and kittens are tiny,it's not difficult to do something with their bodies even to put them in the trash but leaving them in their basket in a living room?Mind you with the filth evident in the photos it's hard to imagine living in that room.
She has expressed an intention to have back some of the animals she left here as soon as she can.
I don't have to ask what anyone thinks of that idea.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Hello HiHo- I don't want to start nick picking about mental illnesses but you've heard the expression "not right in the head" when someone does something incomprehencable well I think it belongs in that catagory.It could be a reason for such behaviour but certainly not an excuse.How she is dealt with is going to be for the authorities to decide.As for owning any future animals then I hope never.I have seen enough images of gross neglect and cruelty in my lifetime to not want to go out of my way to see more.It only frustrates and upsets me to carry more images around in my help.Unfortunately it's a neverending battle to help vulnerable animals.So thank you and people of your ilk for doing your good works on their behalf.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Only just caught this thread I knew it! From our PM's it was clear there was something very very wrong with her and the situation.

But thank goodness you managed to save some of them, you are an angel.

I hope they catch up with this woman and treat her with the same respect she showed her animals
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 03:18 PM
oh wow

and to think you had this person in your home....

I hope all the survivors can be treated, cared for and rehomed to their forever homes and lead happy lives.

Poor things

edit; so this must be why the landlord wanted her out!! (if that was true?)
Just seen the images on FB and its disgusting. Did she leave them there and stay somewhere else herself?
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-05-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm still trying to sort out the lies she told.She WAS evicted - I saw the notice.
It appears that the dead animals in the pictures were in a house she'd vacated a month prior to moving into the house she was thrown out of.It looks as if she just left them there alone to die.
The authorities are being sparse with the details until it comes to court so as not to tarnish their case.
There were 3 more dead dogs however in the house that they raided while she was still living there.One had been put in a bin bag and cast to one side.It had been dead for a while although she was only in that house for a month or so but with the warm weather we.e been having..
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 04:54 PM
its terrible
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-05-2011, 06:15 PM
that dead bunch of kittens will haunt me, for a very long time.
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Im not going to look at the photos, but all I can say is at least some of the animals have you to look after them now and hopefully you will in the end find good and loving homes for them.
As for the poor ones that died, run free babies.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >