Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I like unique names too and I have a Kyiro at the moment, and I haven't heard the name spelt like that before.
I have also had a Tico before which I had never come across, Oh and a Chocky too
How do you pronounce this name out of curiosity? 'Ky-ero', 'Keero', 'Key-ero'?
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
We have an "ie" theme running, my neighbour started it with her kids - all their names end in "ey" and she was going to do the same with Sadie but I insisted that it was "ie" on the end.

So we have Sadie, Louie and Benjie, not sure what our next dog will be but it'll have "ie" on the end - also makes for good recall - you can shout them all back and only have to use one name due to the sound on the end - cheater aren't I

Collie Convert - what films are Sadie and Ripley from? Or are they before the theme began?
Ripley is from "Alien"...and, well sadie isnt from any film bless her she is the odd one out, but i did have a GSD that i lost at 20 months old 2 years ago, his name was yoda (star wars).
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 08:46 PM
I'd call another dog a miracle...OH won't let me have another one.

However, if we were, a bitch would be called Gypsy, a dog..hrm...not sure, Scraps possibly...
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2011, 08:49 PM
[QUOTE=youngstevie;2242776]If I had another Male BC I'd call him Storm.....but we have a Skye so that why/QUOTE]

I've got a Storm - already named when I got him, and the name is way too big for him He is such a wussy dog that we call him Norman which came from jokingly calling him Stormin Norman Schwarzkopf for his bravery - not

If I had another male dog, which is doubtful cos I prefer bitches, I would call it either Gunner (after a gorgeous English Setter that I knew as a child) or Drummer (just cos I like it).
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 08:54 PM
I think i would have to wait and see what the dog was like. Ted was named by the rescue centre and we thought about changing but we couldn't think of anything else that suited him so kept it. I call him my big teddy bear
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 09:06 PM
I find no matter what their first name is, they all appear to have the same middle name.................... beginning with B!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Chellie View Post
I've got a Storm - already named when I got him, and the name is way too big for him He is such a wussy dog that we call him Norman which came from jokingly calling him Stormin Norman Schwarzkopf for his bravery - not
We call Ted custard as in cowardly cowardly custard when he's being a wuss he did go through a phrase of responding to it as well
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 06:56 AM
Steph - I have a Storm - he is of the small furry variety though
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 08:38 AM
I think even when you have a name you end up with nicknames, Bella is known as Bella Boo or Boo Boo at home and answers to it and Tom who was named by the rescue answers to Tom , Tommy, Tom Tom , Tommy Tiger , and both come if you call either variation of the names !

I would like a whippet and would call her Lola !
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
I think even when you have a name you end up with nicknames, Bella is known as Bella Boo or Boo Boo at home and answers to it and Tom who was named by the rescue answers to Tom , Tommy, Tom Tom , Tommy Tiger , and both come if you call either variation of the names !

I would like a whippet and would call her Lola !
Totally agree... mine all have nicknames,
Jamie is JimJam, Deacon is DD-Boo, Codee is Woowoo and Honey is Hunbun or Ho-ney Maloney...
They are the repeatable nicknames of course!!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >