View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Thank you all for the advice, once again Dogsey has worked it's magic because Pepsi hasn't been sick since I asked for help, yet it had been going on for 3 months prior
She still isn't eating "well" but neither is she losing weight. I have found that by adding about a tablespoon of fish with her kibble she is eating more.
When I can get somewhere to get some yoghurt I'm still going to put her on that and carry on with my fingers crossed
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Thank you all for the advice, once again Dogsey has worked it's magic because Pepsi hasn't been sick since I asked for help, yet it had been going on for 3 months prior
She still isn't eating "well" but neither is she losing weight. I have found that by adding about a tablespoon of fish with her kibble she is eating more.
When I can get somewhere to get some yoghurt I'm still going to put her on that and carry on with my fingers crossed
Sounds good!

Small dogs use up a lot of energy. They do often need food at regular intervals. Tarn had a similar problem to what you described when he was younger, the Vets exhausted all tests possible and they all came back clear. He would be sick in the night or early morn, then would get a rumbly tummy and not want to eat, when he did eat he was better in a few mins. It became a vicious circle. He did have cemedidine or zantac, but I actually think that feeding him 4 times a day and making sure it was right before bedtime so he wasnt hungry in the night, was what sorted it out. I still do that now. Dry food was no good to him he didnt much care for it, but tinned food worked a treat.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Glad to hear Pepsi is doing so well now. Isn't it strange how so many of us are suffering with this kind of thing with our dogs though. Ours has cleared up too, Zena is back to wanting her breakfast, but I'm still sticking with my 3 meals a day to keep that tummy going, and last thing at night she has a bit more kibble coz she's got so skinny with all these sickness bouts and going off her food.

Let's hope once you start feeding the live yoghurt Jen you'll have no more problems, but I still find it strange that there's so many of us going through this type of thing. Good luck with little Pepsi.xxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 06:01 PM
A quick update.
Pepsi hasn't been sick for 10 days now
She is eating a lot better.
I give her about a dessert spoonful of live yoghurt in the morning before she goes out. This seems to line her tummy and when she comes back from her walk she is ready for her breakfast.
Then at 6pm she eats her kibbles and fish with no problems.
Lets hope she has turned the corner and thank you Kirsty for the yoghurt suggestion
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 06:11 PM
That's funny as I was thinking of Pepsi and her tummy earlier today. So glad that the yoghurt seems to have done the trick. Thank goodness for Dogsey eh? Lots of hugs to wonderful Pepsi
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2011, 06:27 PM
That's good news.Keep up with the yoghurt it will help with digestion by putting the good bacteria back that to much acid production kills off.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
That's funny as I was thinking of Pepsi and her tummy earlier today. So glad that the yoghurt seems to have done the trick. Thank goodness for Dogsey eh? Lots of hugs to wonderful Pepsi
Thanks for thinking of us Sue, she is a different dog now and hubby and I are getting full nights sleep

Originally Posted by rueben View Post
That's good news.Keep up with the yoghurt it will help with digestion by putting the good bacteria back that to much acid production kills off.
Yes amazing, I don't know why I never thought of it til Kirsty suggested it.
I've had it myself when I have had tummy probs and never thought of it for her She loves it too.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
A quick update.
Pepsi hasn't been sick for 10 days now
She is eating a lot better.
I give her about a dessert spoonful of live yoghurt in the morning before she goes out. This seems to line her tummy and when she comes back from her walk she is ready for her breakfast.
Then at 6pm she eats her kibbles and fish with no problems.
Lets hope she has turned the corner and thank you Kirsty for the yoghurt suggestion
thats great news!!

glad she is doing well
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4