Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Tinglesnark View Post
ah not an option for me - i'm a law abiding citizen with a pup that hasnt been trained recall who is far to adored to be put at risk...
It was meant as a joke in reference to my own dogs being terrible on the lead.
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2011, 08:53 PM
ohhh i seee...lol sorry - the power of the written word with no facial expressions eh?
(hug)
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Do you all have designer leads? Sorry to be really common, but mine have a flexi a piece. Jake has a lovely padded lead also, for when there is no chance/need of a flexi. I am struggling to see the need to spend a lot of money on what is basically a line between you and your dog?
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Yeah, sorry, I use quick reply so emoticons are rare in my posts. I wasnt inferring that it's cruel to keep a dog on lead or anything like that, just that 3 dogs all gunning for pole position on lead means I dont put one on them often!

But, to answer your question I have different types of leads (double ended training leads, good old fashioned clip leads, slip leads etc) and I use slip leads most often since they are always in the back of my car and I can slip them on easily. It's surprising how long it takes to faff about rounding the dogs up to clip leads on so I just lassoo them with a slip lead!

However, if we are doing any distance on lead then I take the double ender with a coupler for the collies and just a clip lead on a headcollar for Flynn.

I dont have any preference, I just pick a lead to match the type of walk if that makes sense.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Do you all have designer leads? Sorry to be really common, but mine have a flexi a piece. Jake has a lovely padded lead also, for when there is no chance/need of a flexi. I am struggling to see the need to spend a lot of money on what is basically a line between you and your dog?
Designer? No way, my dogs have manky old smelly things, mostly what we've found on the park or something! They dont even match their collars, can you believe that??!!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Do you all have designer leads??
Err.... no, not exactly....
We have a certain piece of equipment, based on a design developed by & used for a long time by police and professionals, which WE find works the best for US. (And is available in most pet shops including PAH).

Some of us also hate Flexis, and wouldn't use one if paid to.

(and the Halti lead is a huge sight cheaper than a flexi).
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 09:14 PM
I do own a flexi (I found it in the gutter, lol!) and only use it to take Jed to the toilet on the grass outside or on the corner of the street (saves me having to navigate the entire area of grass several times over with him). I have to say I hate it. I was picking his poo up, turned round and he was standing in the middle of the road and of course trying to reel a dog back in on a flexi is very difficult.

It's also no good when he sees a cat because he rips the damn thing out of my hand once he reaches the end and my fingers have suffered greatly because of this invention!
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:14 PM
I have a normal essenjay leather one and one of their training leads, 2 buffalo leather ones from PAH and a couple of nylon ones which are great for sticking in my pockets as they fold up so small. The essenjay ones are expensive yes but they're well made by hand and hard wearing so am not expecting to have to replace them tbh, I have a friend with 5 gsd's and they buy new leads to replace ones that are lost not because any of them are broken. We do have a flexi but I hate it, was used once and now gathers dust in a crate, don't trust it if I'm honest the lead itself is so fine and I like to be able to wind the boys leads around my hand if I need to and you can't do that with a flexi.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:36 PM
I used to use the halti ones, but now I use a much longer double ended one, made of soft fabric, but with a fleece edge, they are fab..I bought them at Dogs Trust and I don't know the make...
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 11:18 PM
halti leads are about £7 i think for the large one, thats not an expensive lead, i have bought 3 ( i used my first one on a dog who chewed it) and i now have 1 black for ty and one red one for xeva i do really want a leather double ended one ( im quite fussy about how it looks) but the one that i want is very very expensive at around £25 and i just wont pay that for a lead
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >