Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by kobi View Post
I have a layby near me witj a bank dropping down to the river.
From the other side of the river you can see the flytippimg down the bank.
The angling club make efforts to clean up.
You can report flytipping to the council.
Can you imagine the wasted resources needed to keep on top of this.Painting the Forth Bridge might be easier.
Wasted resources/money which should be going on useful things.
No - because we all pay council tax and what is important to me isn't to you obviously. You coming on and shouting down everyone else that it's wasted resources because you don't care about living ankle deep in rubbish after every single post is getting old.

I don't actually care about lots of things other people might consider important - doesn't mean I'm replying to every single post saying "wah wah wah waste of resources." It's getting very tiresome.
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Its a wasteful resource because it should not be needed, not a wasteful resource as in the demand is not there.
Sorry for putting a different point of view.
But for every demand we have something else has to go.
Some people are doing more themselves.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 07:22 PM
I believe if I/We pay for it , it should be avaliable. It is avaliable, apparently, where I live anyhow. Ref how our council taxes are used, that is obviously something we have no control over as tax payers, or so it would seem. Ref crime and disrespect to the environment, fellow human beings and other living beings, again, we can only control ourselves.

Back to the original topic, the council have been intouch again and they have said they will remove the glass, no evidence yet but fingers crossed. I may have already said it is actually class from a burnt out car, there are other car parts there too. It is a vast amount and hand on heart if the resources were avaliable to me , I would move it myself. I first came across the glass one night when poor Thunder ran through it, (we didn't know it was there until that as it was dark). If it was just an eye sore I wouldn't be as bothered but it is a danger, not just to dogs but others who also use the area.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 09:22 AM
The glass is still there.

A little of topic but as it has also drifted onto the council and resources which we fund, I came across this the other day:
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/politics/...tures_1_834005
That is not my areas council might I add. It is an example of how councils spend on things that are essentially non essential. I am sure there are cheaper photographers out there , if they had to get that pictures taken.
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-03-2011, 10:04 AM
good link.
comments under the article were good.
Sports hall, libraries old peoples homes closing.
Most councils now have highly paid executives , less and less voluntary councillors.
Diversity officers.Smoking cessation officers.
Probably 1 bloke and a wagon doing the clean up list.
What about using community service people for community cleaning.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Unfortunately Kobi, although our collective taxes fund councils, we seem to have no power as to how these funds are spent.
KevBaz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-03-2011, 10:42 AM
try submitting it to http://www.fixmystreet.com/
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Kevbaz
your right, fix my street may get action, but you have probably jumped up a list and somebody else goes down.
It then becomes he who shouts loudest.
A proposed VIP visit to the area would also get everything sparkling.
If the clean up budget doubles something else has to go and it wont be the Executives or dept leaders.
We can identify problems the fixes are more difficult.

2 weeks now for werewolf and there will be lots of others
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4