View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 01:21 PM
I would go back (and will) to the breeder of my GSD like a shot when the time comes; sadly the breeder of both my Weims no longer breeds otherwise I would do the same.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 01:41 PM
I would definitely go back to my dog's breeder to get another Kerry that is related to Parker. He has an excellent temperament and is a very trainable, happy, healthy dog.

Trouble is she charges £950 for a pup so I had better start saving my pennies!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Mydus breeder.. Yes if she again had something I liked - Maces - never..
But I shall stick to our own pups
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Max and Connor from the same breeder - love her type and temperament but she isn't going to breeding for some time if at all to be honest so went to the breeder of their sire to get Bentley Boos

Bentley - yes - although will see how the little boy turns out but no issues with her at all

Charlie - yes lovely lady but not necessarily have to be an English from her would research

Sachas - definitely she was a dog in a lifetime although I don't believe she is breeding but have two Irish breeders I really like their lines and 1 I have heard fantastic things about
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Yes to all 3 providing they had the lines I wanted and also with the CPs able to keep them untill passported. If Stefano - GSD breeder didnt have a litter on that I would want one out of then there are some other excellent reputable breeders I would go to for one both in the UK and in Europe.
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Sorry if this is OT and I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm genuinely curious....how do you end up going to a "bad breeder"?

I have never had a dog from a breeder, mine have been rescues, but I will go to a breeder sometime and it's interesting to know what pit falls to look for.

So those who said "No way!", why did you get a dog from them in the first place? Most people wouldn't get a dog from someone they considered a bad breeder. I don't mean this in a horrible way! Was it ignorence, did you not research properly first and know better now? Were you rescuing a dog from bad conditions? Did things you didn't know about come to light after you'd got your dog (like questionable ethics or bad health? Did you fall out with the breeder after getting your dog?

Genuine curiosity
The problem is in my breed most likely others aswelll a lot of new people to the breed end up going to unscrupulous people who deceive about health tests sometimes with blatent lies, deny there are health problems in the line and knowlingly breed from known epilepsy producers, CDA affected dogs etc even tell puppy owners as they are not showing or breeding they dont need the papers but charge full price.
I always try and steer newcomers to the breed to reputable breeders.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by wildmoor View Post
The problem is in my breed most likely others aswelll a lot of new people to the breed end up going to unscrupulous people who deceive about health tests sometimes with blatent lies, deny there are health problems in the line and knowlingly breed from known epilepsy producers, CDA affected dogs etc even tell puppy owners as they are not showing or breeding they dont need the papers but charge full price.
I always try and steer newcomers to the breed to reputable breeders.
Thank you for answering my question, no one else did Its helpful to know so others can avoid making similar mistakes when looking for a breeder. I suspect some unscrupulous breeders can be very charming to get their sale and people may only find out the truth later
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 07:59 AM
I would go back to my dog's breeder, in the future if she had something I really wanted! At the moment though I have two dogs from similar lines, so I would choose dogs from other lines for the next few generations.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 08:01 AM
I would definitely! My last two dogs were from the same person and they are beautiful, well-mannered dogs. I know she does all the relevant health tests and, she's become a good friend as well!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Yes I would and did. Would again but they are never bred much and are at a bit of a standstill now. But would go back.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >