View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
adya
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-02-2011, 04:58 AM
My heart goes to you both.It is not easy.But is natural.And they go nowhere but at your side again.This time without the old body,ageless and happy.Be calm.She is there as always! Relax,be in peace.There is no such thing as separation.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Hello Maureen, very sorry to hear about Lulu, she clearly had a lovely life in your care...
Sleep well Lulu...
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 11:26 PM
So sorry for your loss....
Run Free little girl..xx
BullseyesTail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Also thinking of you. Such a hard time. I really identified with what you said about burying Lulu - felt the same 4 christmases ago when our staffie Harry died suddenly and unexpectedly. Three days after xmas he was PTS (brain tumour) - he was only 6. My husband didn't want to bring his body home but i just had this overwhelming feeling that he was one of us and he was coming home.

He was PTS as one of the vet's first appointments of the day, so it was still early but I felt the need to bury him myself and I just started digging. It made me feel a lot better, somehow, to be the one doing it. We buried him and each of the kdis said their goodbyes and put in one of his or their toys. His favourite thing in the world was an old piece of brick with cement on which he loved - he'd run up and down the garden carrying it. So that went in last, right by his nose. I felt awful just covering him with soil and like you, that he was now outside, alone and cold.

Four years on, we plant the prettiest flowers there, and at the time we planted an apple tree right above him for the blossom in spring. It was very therapeutic, and afterwards my husband said I'd done the right thing for him, and brought him back to us.

Our other dog has never quite been the same - she was poleaxed by his 'vanishing'. But getting her happy again became a great focus, too.

Love to you. You are amongst people who have been through it too, here (I'm new too).

xxx
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 01:13 AM
so very sorry for your sad loss.

Most of us on here knows your pain, and I know I would go through all the heartache to have known them, than not to have heartache and never to have known them.

Run free sweetheart.
xxx
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Thank you so much,your message really touched me.Lulu also had a favourite toy-it was a red rubber boxing glove which we called The Baby-after shed been spayed she used to carry it round and cry and hide it anywhere she could.I couldnt find it to put in with her when we buried her and that really upset me.Bad day today-peeling carrots-her favourite and went to shout her to give her a piece.Crying again .
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks Bullseyes Tail for your message which really touched me-Lulu also had a favourite toy-a small red rubber boxing glove,which ended up being called "the baby",as , after shed been spayed she would carry this round the house crying and trying to hide it anywhere-often under the pillow on my bed couldnt find it to bury with her which really upset me.Thanks to everyone else-Ive had a bad day today-had to take my husband to the hospital-my first time out of the house since Lulu died ,to get some small lumps removed -hopefully benign-from the side of his nose-healing thoughts please.This meant leaving our other dog for the 1st time ever on his own,as he and Lulu were together for 14 years and he would cry whenever she wasnt there.As you know he has dementia,now and when I got back he was doing his pacing up and down-he doesnt even realise shes gone.Thats a good thing in a way I suppose. I looked for Lulu at the window where shed lie waiting for us to come in and remembered she wouldnt be there.I went to peel some carrots to go with our tea so I wouldnt be sitting thinking and crying and went to shout her to give her 1 -carrots were her favourite- and then I remembered she wasnt there ,then I went to light a candle on where weve buried her in the garden and the wind kept blowing them out- I just felt like I was leaving her on her own in the dark-some people would say thats crazy ,but I know if you are reading this youll understand.I do try to think of happy times and how much she was loved but at the moment its so difficult to do.So glad I have other people who have felt the same-thank you all maureen
pasiphae
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-02-2011, 10:41 PM
thinking of you and sending healing/comforting vibes to you all.

Play well Lulu x
BullseyesTail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
...This meant leaving our other dog for the 1st time ever on his own,as he and Lulu were together for 14 years and he would cry whenever she wasnt there.As you know he has dementia,now and when I got back he was doing his pacing up and down-he doesnt even realise shes gone.Thats a good thing in a way I suppose. I looked for Lulu at the window where shed lie waiting for us to come in and remembered she wouldnt be there.I went to peel some carrots to go with our tea so I wouldnt be sitting thinking and crying and went to shout her to give her 1 -carrots were her favourite- and then I remembered she wasnt there ,then I went to light a candle on where weve buried her in the garden and the wind kept blowing them out- I just felt like I was leaving her on her own in the dark-some people would say thats crazy ,but I know if you are reading this youll understand.I do try to think of happy times and how much she was loved but at the moment its so difficult to do.So glad I have other people who have felt the same-thank you all maureen
Maureen, I felt the same about leaving Harry alone in the dark. It took me a while to process the thought that he isn't there, in the garden, where we left him that day. You're still in shock - go easy on yourself. xxx

The day he died, I took him for a last walk, early in the morning. He wasn't well but he had loved his walks and it was one of the hardest things I ever did in my life - knowing he was about to be PTS. It was a 4 mile walk and there was always one spot where we'd stop and rest. That last day, we sat down there and I told him if he ever wanted to come back, to go there. I know it sounds mad, but it was how I felt. Now I think of him as being there, in his favourite spot on his favourite walk.

Our remaining dog also has dementia. She just got prescribed Aktivait - it made a dramatic difference to her. So much so we couldn't believe it. She's one of the lucky ones who really respond to it. I don't know what you have tried for your oldie, but there might be something that can help.

Lulu is not alone - never alone. She is with you. You brought her home. You're still in shock, so be kind to yourself as she would want you to be.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 08:15 PM
I am so sorry that Lulu has died and I know how heartbreaking it is. She was surrounded by love and went so peacefully and obviously had a wonderful life with you.
I lost my beloved 15 year old BC in November and I know what pain you are going through as do all dog lovers.
Let those tears flow and they will gradually be replaced with warm, happy memories. God bless xx
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >