View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2012, 12:30 PM
I have Lily insured with them and wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I have a lifetime policy with them but when we put in a claim my vet accidently left out the word no infront of dire rear so I had a letter back telling me they wouldn't pay and had excluded her entire digestive system from any claims.
My vet wrote to them stating she had made a typing error and I also put in a covering letter stating this had been an error of writing on my vets behalf so could they please reasses the claim. This was 5 weeks ago and I have never heard a thing back from them, although they are taking the monthly payments.
They have also excluded all Lily's feet and legs because her notes show she got a piece of glass in her pad. I am not sure its worth continuing with them as I can't see whats left to cover unless her ear falls off.
Kyiro is with M&S and although his monthly premium is very high now, I never have any trouble with them. As soon as they recieve the claim form they text me to say they have it and are dealing with it and 24- 48hrs later I recieve the cheque from them, with no quibble.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Oh dear, wish I had spotted this sooner, I've insured the kittens with them Fingers crossed I won't have to make a claim.

Henry is insured with PDSA, they are quite good at payments but not as fast as they used to be, I was going to put Elkie with PDSA, (she currently has the 4 weeks KC insurance), but think I will do a search and shop around a bit.
Millysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2012, 02:45 PM
One of my dogs was badly cut on barbed wire many years ago, which cost a fortune to get sorted. The insurance paid out quite quickly (I think it was tesco, but can't confidently remember atm) but on renewal all claims to do with cuts etc were excluded??? It's not like I was deliberately making her jump wire or thrashing her with it so that we were always claiming for this one type of injury. It beggars belief what they come up with sometimes.
Lama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2012, 03:35 PM
well since my original post I have had cause to make a claim and credit where it's due they have been brilliant.
Paid up within days and no quibble and it has amounted to a few hundred pounds now.

The only fly in the ointment was that my policy was up for renewal during the treatment which resulted in my paying two excesses but this seems common practice.
Humpity
New Member!
Male 

24-05-2013, 10:52 AM
We've got Sooty insured with Animal Friends, have been with them since he was a puppy and they have been brilliant. Had to make a claim last year for a cut to his paw, but all was settled very quickly once the forms were in. Also been very impressed with their donations to animal welfare. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for insurance to at least get a quote as they have more options than any other provider. Dog Insurance
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2013, 05:50 PM
I have all my cats and dogs insured with AF and I havent had any problems. They have the same rules as any other insurance company - ie they dont cover existing conditions and unless you have a 'life' policy anything you have claimed for is excluded in the next renewal. Wherever you go that is the same. I now have some exclusions on my policies...which I feel were fairly decided.

They have been fine about paying up and the premiums are cheaper because you pay more towards the cost of the treatment.

If you can afford Petplan - all well and good, but I have 9 pets covered for reasonable premiums. I am happy with them.

Thalice's Mum
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4