View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Was uncomfortable viewing at times but it won't affect anyone but the responsible dog owners.. Those who dump their dogs into a rescue won't watch or care about this programme.

I just think it would have been nice if a responsible staffie breeder would have spoke to the programme and show how it can be done right with health tests etc..
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-08-2010, 08:13 PM
So much for a nation of animal lovers, MAKES ME SICK TO THE STOMACH!!!!!
It is sickening, those poor dogs!!!!!!
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Hopefully this program with help make people think about the situation rather than be selfish and churn out puppies after puppies.....

It was a very sad program, but i think it is a good thing that it was aired/ created.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:20 PM
I cried my eyes out too - not only because my own dog wouldn't have passed their dog-to-dog tests.

It's here if you didn't watch it, or are strong enough to watch again.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...Unwanted_Pets/
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I turned it over and caught the beautiful Akita then DID manage to watch the rest. I had to look away when they put the dog to sleep.

That temperament test was a PI$$-TAKE! I know many a lovely dog that would have failed that, including one of my own

But it's the sicko's who chuck the dog out in the first place who are the murderers.

If just one person turns to a rescue centre rather than a back street breeder from this program then it's done it's job. Why, why, why?!?!!!!!!!!!
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

Originally Posted by GSDlover4ever View Post
It was a very sad program, but i think it is a good thing that it was aired/ created.
Totally agree. If at least shows unknowing propsective dog owners who love animals what theyre buying into they may after watching that take the time to find a reputable breeder. Can only live in hope that more is done.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
I turned it over and caught the beautiful Akita then DID manage to watch the rest. I had to look away when they put the dog to sleep.

That temperament test was a PI$$-TAKE! I know many a lovely dog that would have failed that, including one of my own

But it's the sicko's who chuck the dog out in the first place who are the murderers.

If just one person turns to a rescue centre rather than a back street breeder from this program then it's done it's job. Why, why, why?!?!!!!!!!!!
I know Cheeko could have failed it because some dogs he just doesn't get on with. How can you judge a dog on how it is with just one or 2 dogs..
josshun
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:24 PM
just watched it it was so sad that poor dog but i supose it had to be shown to make those iresposible people resposable realize what happen's, to those little dog's the look on there little faces just sent me to tear's
mavis mary1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Having watched this program and seeing dog aggressive dogs being killed because of lack of space and homes makes me question the discision of the dogs trust in my area .
This week I have been trying to help a friend who took a doberman on 2 years ago from the dogs trust ,was told he liked other dogs and cats both proved to be far from true ,the cats now live upstairs because he would kill them ,as for other dogs she has recieved visits from the dog warden and the police because of his aggression to other dogs and was told to muzzle him in puplic which she does ,she has tried so hard with this dog going out early mornings to avoid other dogs etc ,she asked the dogs trust for help and they just advised her over the phone on how to cope such as if you see another dog cross the road she has been in tears many a time and loves the dog dearly .
Last weekend her son visited with a friend who has a little boy aged 12 months they were in the kitchen the dog was just lying down showing no interest in the child when without any warning no growl nothing the dog pushed the child over stood over him and bit his face badly he needed treatment in hospital ,the child did not in anyway taunt the dog or even touch him .
I advised my friend to contact a vet and pts was advised
the dogs trust was contacted and said permission from them was reqiured to do this ,they sent a young woman round to the house she had a bag of sausages and said the dog was very biddable and want to take him back and rehome him ,to me his behaviour is unpridictable as he does not warn and the small boy is now badly marked ,to me this dog should not be saved with so little space and it seems odd that a dog aggressive dog is killed but a dog that attacks children is saved .
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-08-2010, 08:28 PM
I must be getting hard hearted in my old age, I already knew the facts and didn't find it that upseting, they stuck to the facts.
It's not just the back yard breeders dogs that end up getting dumped either. Diesel my staffie was well bred, wasn't cheap and the breeder did their best to vet the owners but to a certain extent if people give all the right answers to your questions you take them on trust. At 13 weeks my Diesel was threatened with being dumped on the street/ being given to anyone who would take him, who knows what would have happened if my son hadn't taken him off of his then girlfriend and brought him to me. I'd never wanted a staffie, I'd given her all the facts regarding the numbers in rescues etc. how she'd struggle to cope blah blah blah, asked what would happen if she couldn't cope etc. she clearly ignored all of it and had no damn conscience either. So here he is and here he'll stay happy as a pig in muck. Jeez life is such a lottery for some dogs.
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »