View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Here she is - my little Devil sorry Angel, complete with shorts tshirt and hat in the garden after this mornings shorts versus trousers battle

Still got an headache, she hasn't shut up talking all day long
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 02:28 PM
aw she looks sweet!i think you are making it all up nasty foxy!!
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 02:33 PM
try a 'smiley' chart - similar to a star chart but with smiley faces....although you've probablly done that already!
Set little goals for her, for example, getting dressed without a fuss, etc, she gets a smiley face. When she's collected enough, she gets a treat.....laybe a new dress!!!
She sounds like my youngest although he's nearly eight now and I always set out with brilliant resolutions, after all, I was the adult, he was the child but I agree, when you're tired, you're head's pounding, you just want a bit of peace and quiet, and if giving in gives you that, that's what you do. It takes an adult with an amazing amount of resilience to compete with a stubborn four year old!!
She'll grow out of it...honest!

TTFN
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2005, 03:01 PM
sorry foxy .. im not much use to you ...my 6 year old is the other way will not wear anything other than pink or lilac dresses/skirts she has tantrums every morning cos her school cardigan is royal blue(she wants a pink school jumper!!) like the others have said stick to your guns ...perhaps lay some clothes out (that you want her to wear ) and let her choose something from that pile , give her a choice it might work !
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by millies mum
sorry foxy .. im not much use to you ...my 6 year old is the other way will not wear anything other than pink or lilac dresses/skirts she has tantrums every morning cos her school cardigan is royal blue(she wants a pink school jumper!!) like the others have said stick to your guns ...perhaps lay some clothes out (that you want her to wear ) and let her choose something from that pile , give her a choice it might work !
Hi Millies mum, I did bring two pairs of shorts and two t-shirts but she just totally refused because they weren't trousers but now is happily running around in her shorts I am dreading her starting school in September, I don't think I could take morning tantrums
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Ruthlynn
try a 'smiley' chart - similar to a star chart but with smiley faces....although you've probablly done that already!
Set little goals for her, for example, getting dressed without a fuss, etc, she gets a smiley face. When she's collected enough, she gets a treat.....laybe a new dress!!!
She sounds like my youngest although he's nearly eight now and I always set out with brilliant resolutions, after all, I was the adult, he was the child but I agree, when you're tired, you're head's pounding, you just want a bit of peace and quiet, and if giving in gives you that, that's what you do. It takes an adult with an amazing amount of resilience to compete with a stubborn four year old!!
She'll grow out of it...honest!

TTFN
Yes she does have a thing about stickers since starting nursery school. The only thing is she sticks them on all her toy dogs and us as well and we have to go around with a scooby-doo sticker on because we have 'been good' I think she will improve when she starts full-time school, with any luck she will be too tired to tant She is a little angel at nursery and is never naughty, she just saves it all for when she gets home
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Lol foxy sounds like you have had fun kids eh

My daughter is nearly 10 and when it comes to clothes i give up she will come shopping with me and will pick out herself a lovely skirt matching top and boots to then be told a week later that she doesn't like it. or she will want to wear the same clothes for a whole week i have had numerous rows with her telling her she looks scruffy to be told i dont care she also hides certain clothes that she knows i will want her to wear at the back of her bed its not until i threaten to take something off her that she will admit where she has put it.

Another favourite of hers is to get changed usually 4 times a day just because something dont look right or it is dirty which its not im sure she thinks i enjoy having the washing machine on 3 times a day.

Sorry i cant give any advice as i have tried everything and she is still a pain in the bum lol only thing i can say is that my daughter refused to wear a dress for school until her new best friend wore one she then insisted i buy her one.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Foxy that baby doll in the pic is not called robbie is it, because my cousin jade has that doll and the doll came with the name robbie, such a beautiful girl she is!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
Oh Foxy!!! I had a word with your lil girl, told her not to because your so mean to me! so shes playing you up because i told her to, so there lol!!

Thought it might have something to do with you Hayley I think I will send her on her hols to your house (complete with shorts ) for a week, that will teach you
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Just to throw another iron in the fire, I never gave Charlotte a choice about anything until she was in school, just like training a dog for me Foxy, I never asked a pup if it would like to sit or stay, it was taught to do as it was told.

Charlie says can she come and live with you please
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >