Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-03-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
I think I lost all technology credit in this thread alone
Not at all! Look at it this way. At least you're showing an interest and are thinking about computers & things related. A lot of people can't be bothered to inform themselves even though 'the online world' is an important part of real life and is likely to become even more important. I think that anyone who is willing to teach temselves even a bit will be at a big advantage over those that can't be ar**d.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 09:07 AM
I've been using FF for 6 years now.
I don't even have IE on my computer!

Also put FF on my Mums desktop and laptop lol
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
if you click on the picture of a spanner, there is a bookmark manager on there click on that and it opens a new page and should have all you bookmarks/faves in there if you want it on the same page go to the spanner, click on it and then click on 'always show on bookmark bar' and then it should show it below the web address and on the right it should say other book marks click on that and that should pop up faves.
Thats as good as I have got yest but I think I lost all technology credit in this thread alone
cheers emma

just done that, but its not good, its about 2 steps more than it takes FF to open group tabs.

on FF, if you have a bookmarks folder, you just hold your cursor over that folder and its shows up the bookmarks list side menu with an 'open all tabs' prompt at the end.

the chrome way is way to fiddly, and it means that chrome takes twice as long to open a group of tabs at once than FF does.
so the famed chrome browser speed doesnt apply there.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Part of the reason Chrome is quicker is because it does have less features. On my machines at home, it's great on the older, less powerful kit but pointless on our main machine which has got a reasonable dual core procssor and a good amount of memory. I find Firefox too slow on a sub 1ghz processor & 512mb or less of ram. Chrome is great on that sort of thing.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 06:24 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
cheers emma

just done that, but its not good, its about 2 steps more than it takes FF to open group tabs.

on FF, if you have a bookmarks folder, you just hold your cursor over that folder and its shows up the bookmarks list side menu with an 'open all tabs' prompt at the end.

the chrome way is way to fiddly, and it means that chrome takes twice as long to open a group of tabs at once than FF does.
It is not the greatest aspect of Chrome I must admit but I was relieved when I found my faves as it took a while. I think they will all have their draw backs it is a matter of getting use to it and what you want most out of them

Originally Posted by rich c View Post
Not at all! Look at it this way. At least you're showing an interest and are thinking about computers & things related. A lot of people can't be bothered to inform themselves even though 'the online world' is an important part of real life and is likely to become even more important. I think that anyone who is willing to teach temselves even a bit will be at a big advantage over those that can't be ar**d.
Thanks for trying to make me feel better, you had better not talk to my dad though or you might change you mind as I did something to my computer and made my computer go around in circles (it has two drives, not sure if that explains it properly or not) and if it had been possible self implode

Originally Posted by rich c View Post
Part of the reason Chrome is quicker is because it does have less features. On my machines at home, it's great on the older, less powerful kit but pointless on our main machine which has got a reasonable dual core procssor and a good amount of memory. I find Firefox too slow on a sub 1ghz processor & 512mb or less of ram. Chrome is great on that sort of thing.
I want to try them all now and again with the mb, ghz
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2010, 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
cheers emma

found out there is a way for it to be as simple as IE or FF for bookmarks.
If you click on the spanner and click on 'always show book marks' it is the same except it is on the righthand side up the top and is one click to find your bookmarks.
Tried FF but I didn't really like it, the heading stuff took up a fair bit of room for my liking, so changed back to Chrome
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2010, 08:57 AM
I downloaded chrome to try but prefer FF. But since downloading chrome I have virtually no sound on my computer. Even at the highest volume it is only very faint. Anyone have any idea why this might have happened?
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4