Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sasha26
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-01-2010, 07:16 PM
my pet hate is :

a: people who dont pick up their dog poop (i do so why shouldnt they and i tell them if i see them not picking up if they say theyve forgotten their poop bag i give them one )

b: people who cant be bothered to walk their dogs and just let them out to wonder on their own (poor dogs)

c: people with dogs themselves who incourage my pup to jump up at them ( we are trying to teach her not too jump up at people) surely they were in the same predectament as us.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 07:16 PM
People who do not teach their children to behave around dogs .

People who allow their dogs to jump on the backs of my elderly spayed bitches and hump them .
When asked politely to remove their dogs they either
1 - accuse me of having a bitch in season
or
2- say but he's only playing

People who get dogs without researching what having a dog entails .

People who dump their dog the minute it displays any sort of problem behaviour instead of dealing with the problem .

People who walk their dogs off lead beside busy roads

People who allow their dogs to have unplanned litters .

Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Being a generally intolerant person, I have many but here are a few!:

* Dogs being walked off lead next to a road.
* Flexi leads along pavements (save them for the park!)
* People allowing their dogs to approach mine when they are either on lead or i've made them sit and wait.
* People allowing their dogs to approach mine when i'm clearly training them.
* Dogs jumping around in the passenger area/sticking their heads out the window.
* People with small dogs who scoop them up at the slightest sight of another dog.

This seems to keep happening to me so i'm going to add it:
* People who allow their dogs to stick their noses into the boot of my car when I open it up because "they want to have a look" at my dogs. Why other dog owners cant see how this would upset many dogs is beyond me. Flynn's growling wasnt enough for one bloke the other day so I had to tell him myself to move his away.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 07:56 PM
I think most of mine have been covered
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 09:31 PM
People who string their dogs up in the show ring to the point where the dogs front feet don't even touch the floor!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Loose dogs running up to mine (neither of mine are agressive BUT they are strong and when they want to run and play with loose dogs I have to hang on!)

People getting rid of dogs due to new baby or new job

People not researching their breeds then wondering why they have prey drive/got so big/are so hairy

People who breed just because they can

People who breed from rescue dogs

People who know your breed WAYY better than yours yet never lived with one

People who blindly follow muppet dog trainers cos they are on tv

People who use shock collars/prong collars
TV Muppet trainers and those collars.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
People who call "he/she's friendly" as their dog is hurtling toward you at 100mph!!!
Love that one....been there
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
thought of another one...people who go do fab dog walking areas then walk their poor pooch on a three foot lead so it won't get mucky. Come on! That's like leaving a bag of sweeties in front of a child and saying don't touch!!!!!

People who walk aggressive dogs through the middle of busy parks and complain about other people's friendly dogs...
Aggressive dog one.....people who shout from 1/2 a mile away....don't come near MINE'S a killer...errrrrr why is it in the most popular area in the park then
Originally Posted by rune View Post
People who don't have enough control of their friendly dogs to call them away from on lead possibly aggressive dogs!

I have been there you see!

rune
spin on that......people who approach us with aggressive dogs....once its snapped they say.....''yea sorry he/she isn't friendly towards other dogs''
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
People.

(Am in a very intolerant mood today ;o)
people.......good one
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
People who think they know what Jack Russells are like, when they are totally wrong and should never be let near one anyway.

Dogs jumping around in cars, on people's laps, on back seats, with their heads out of car windows.

Dogs that attack letter boxes.

People who stick 'Beware of the Dog' stickers on their house...... 1. If it's a much maligned breed such as rotties etc you are hardly doing it a favour and 2. You have just admitted you knew it was dangerous if it ever does anything to anyone.

People who let their dogs out too far on Flexi leads so as to be no longer controlled, like the dax that was stretched right across my office door the otherday.

People who look down on large crosses as mutts and yet think the smaller pretty crosses are suddenly designer crosses.

People who get puppies when you know they won't be able to cope..... but won't listen.

Children who are scared of dogs all because their parents are.

People who stroke my dogs and then get the alcohol gel out for their hands afterwards... unclean, unclean!

People who walk their dogs offlead alongside the road.... I know they may have never done anything before but there's always a first time and as a driver drivng past it can be very un-nerving.
Flexi lread by roads.....yea always wondered how do you stop them from stepping of the footpath
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
People who assume that my dogs have a bad quality of life because they are working dogs and they live in a kennel!
tut tut norty mommie only joking hun xxxxxxxxxx
Originally Posted by Aligord View Post
People who try and reach out to touch Oscar when he is clearly trying to get out of their way and I've said "he doesn't like being approached by strangers" then say "i had one like that" and do it again!

People who don't pick up poo

People walking dogs with no leads next to roads

People telling me I don't look after my dog and he should be taken away because he is underweight (even though we are working on it with the vet), especially when their porky pooch needs to go on a diet

and (I may need the flame-proof suit for this one) people who moan about crosses such as labradoodles and how they are not 'proper' breeds etc whilst forgetting that not so long ago their pedigree dog was a cross of lots of breeds too and people were likely saying the same things about those crosses (which is not to say I think we should be crossing dogs just cos we can, or charging the earth for 'designer dogs'. I just don't like the way some people look down on them as 'just mongrels' whilst forgetting most pedigrees were crosses once)

oh, and people who don't stop, (or worse encourage them to do it) children from walking up and stroking dogs that are strangers to them (especially when the excuse is "well it's a guide dog so it'll be nice" - not if johnny pokes it with a stick then tries patting her she won't)

and another guide dog one, people who walk up and stroke the dog when it's working (especially ones who say "I know I shouldn't stroke them" and do it anyway) or who feed them while they are working.
Reah hates being approached fullon......we get that and as she moves away, they say Awwwwwww is it because she has bad legs....................
Originally Posted by sasha26 View Post
my pet hate is :

a: people who dont pick up their dog poop (i do so why shouldnt they and i tell them if i see them not picking up if they say theyve forgotten their poop bag i give them one )

b: people who cant be bothered to walk their dogs and just let them out to wonder on their own (poor dogs)

c: people with dogs themselves who incourage my pup to jump up at them ( we are trying to teach her not too jump up at people) surely they were in the same predectament as us.
Grrrrr the jumping up bit....Bruce is a lover of people, so I say ''no don't jump up'' and they go Awwwwwww he's ok Im used to dogs did I ask them that question...no
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
People who do not teach their children to behave around dogs .

People who allow their dogs to jump on the backs of my elderly spayed bitches and hump them .
When asked politely to remove their dogs they either
1 - accuse me of having a bitch in season
or
2- say but he's only playing

People who get dogs without researching what having a dog entails .

People who dump their dog the minute it displays any sort of problem behaviour instead of dealing with the problem .

People who walk their dogs off lead beside busy roads

People who allow their dogs to have unplanned litters .

Yep Reah often has to be rescues from amorous dogs....and why do the owners always laugh when I say....can you call your dog she's old and has bad legs
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Being a generally intolerant person, I have many but here are a few!:

* Dogs being walked off lead next to a road.
* Flexi leads along pavements (save them for the park!)
* People allowing their dogs to approach mine when they are either on lead or i've made them sit and wait.
* People allowing their dogs to approach mine when i'm clearly training them.
* Dogs jumping around in the passenger area/sticking their heads out the window.
* People with small dogs who scoop them up at the slightest sight of another dog.

This seems to keep happening to me so i'm going to add it:
* People who allow their dogs to stick their noses into the boot of my car when I open it up because "they want to have a look" at my dogs. Why other dog owners cant see how this would upset many dogs is beyond me. Flynn's growling wasnt enough for one bloke the other day so I had to tell him myself to move his away.
We had a strangers dog jump into our car at sutton park, and when Bruce growled they said....He's not friendly then
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Pretty much all the above, but also my biggest hate the people who buy puppy farm puppies because they are cheap and all the other are too expensive, we get that a lot around here.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Ah the infamous poo tree, yes every park/wood/field seems to have one... or three
Yes, what is it with people that they think picking up the poo is enough, put it in a bin!
Wonderful trees, disrecspected
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Agree with most of what has been said
People who train my dogs to jump up on them saying 'its OK its dog walking clothes' while treating and petting them while they are in the air - then moan when they have good clothes on
People who think thier dogs are OK and just giving the dog a telling off, when actually they are agressive and the only reason they are not in a fight is because the other dog is polite enough to put up with that
People who look like you as if you are scum if your on lead dog barks at their offlead bouncing in your face

ohh, gonna stop now I could go on all day
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Who mentioned the children one, that was a good one.

I shouted 'stop' at a child the other day as it went charging up to Woody and Dad did nothing about it! Woody does not like being grabbed or cornered and I was so cross because I thought if he bites the child I've lost my best friend because of the ignorance of the bloody parents!

So idiotic to let a child go charging up to a dog, on lead that it does not know! I actually told 'Dad' this, not that he cared, he was too angry for me yelling at his kid. Well sorreeeee!!
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »