Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I've never seen those before, they look good. Does it release at all by accident?

As regards collars with tags, I'd say the vast majority of dog I groom either have no tag or a tag with the wrong info. I don't think it's a law that get enforced, like most dog related laws. My big guys have tags but I haven't got one for Rogue yet, that's on my to do list!
They release almost immediately if they get caught. to use them as a walking collar the lead is attached to the two D links either side of the safety clip

Very similar to the modern cat collar-my cats don't wear collars as I spent over £30 on safety collars & discs for them & they have lost them all They are chipped though
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Mo never wears hers in the house.
sid&kira
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2010, 07:26 PM
kira has hers on all the time, its a semi slip abut even when fully tightened she can always get out of it so i dont worry about it catching on anything. Its tightened slightly when we walk so she cant slip it, but loosened in the house.

if we take her to MIL's house it come off because she plays rough with her staffy x, and he has a thing about chewing collars.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
They release almost immediately if they get caught. to use them as a walking collar the lead is attached to the two D links either side of the safety clip

Very similar to the modern cat collar-my cats don't wear collars as I spent over £30 on safety collars & discs for them & they have lost them all They are chipped though
I think I might invest in one thank you for bringing them to my attention and explaining about them.

Im the same with my cat, she just has to go out with 1 and within 10 mins its off I think she does it deliberately, but rather that than her hanging somewhere

Thanks everyone for your answers so far
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 07:48 PM
My two have Rogz for dogs collars on all the time, they have plastic catches that are supposed to break if necessary, never tested that out though!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Tilly wears hers during the day but i take it off at night.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by RedyreRotties View Post
My dogs wear collars when I have a leash attached to it, and at no other time.

I know of far too many incidents first hand where dogs have died as a result of wearing a collar.

One fine young bitch died in the kitchen floor in front of her owner's eyes when their young male tangled his lower jaw in her collar. Before they could get them cut apart she was dead.

Another friend found her young Frenchie hanging dead on her fence after a brief trip to the grocery store.

No collars on my dogs unless I am working with them.
my lot only have collars on really when out as well,

twice I have had to cut collars off when they have been playing and one dog got its jaw twisted round the other dogs collar,
I was lucky that I got there quick enough, but its surprisingly fast how quick the neck starts to swell making it really hard to cut the collar off,
I do have some clip end collars, but tend not to bother with them in the house now either,.
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Mine only have them on when out and about, they are always taken off when we get home. I always go out in the garden with them, so no worries about them escaping (not that they would!) or being stolen.
When Willow was young i always kept a collar on her (buckle type) until she was playing with my aunties dog who got his jaw caught in it he nearly strangled her as they both panicked and we had to cut it off, so since then its put me off having collars on in the house, and never use a buckle type either. My collies both use their crates too and i've heard horror stories about dogs getting them caught in crates.
Like the sound of the quick release collars

Jann
xx
budskipup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2010, 11:50 PM
my dog has an easy release cord collar with a tag with our details on it at all times , she has her main collar with microchip tag and petlog tag when out walking
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 12:45 AM
All my 5 wear collars all the time. I only took them off in the house when they all caught fleas just to make them comfortable.
As 3 of mine are lurchers and greyhounds I don't want them bolting after something if the door opens and them not having a collar on.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >