View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 09:43 PM
So very very sad, no matter how many times you see this type of cruelty it doesnt make it any easier.
I wish i could take her, but i already have a foster and now the rescues i work with are full to bursting....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 09:51 PM
We;d foster her indefinately, but she is alittle far away for me to get her.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 10:17 PM
I hope someone can take her, bless her heart, she deserves to know some love and happiness. I suppose SBT rescues are full especially after this week and this time of year... Makes me so sad about this wee girl
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 10:26 PM
HI
I am not entirely sure how they can tell she is a staffie cross from that picture, however sadly I know that the situation will be that like ourselves that if specific breed rescue we cannot fill spaces with possible crosses when people come to us wanting to rehome full staffs only, so iyt therefore takes away a space from another staffy in need....

However having said that if Steph is willing to take her perhaps a staffie run could be organised - does she need an assessment - do we know how she is with other dogs ? Also if required you could go on the RAFA site and see if they could help with transport run or foster placement..

dont think I can post the link on here as its to a forum but if you google rescue aid for animals it shoudl come up.

i would we could help but will ask our rescue here.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
HI
I am not entirely sure how they can tell she is a staffie cross from that picture, however sadly I know that the situation will be that like ourselves that if specific breed rescue we cannot fill spaces with possible crosses when people come to us wanting to rehome full staffs only, so iyt therefore takes away a space from another staffy in need....

However having said that if Steph is willing to take her perhaps a staffie run could be organised - does she need an assessment - do we know how she is with other dogs ? Also if required you could go on the RAFA site and see if they could help with transport run or foster placement..

dont think I can post the link on here as its to a forum but if you google rescue aid for animals it shoudl come up.

I've pm'd Liverbird, the offer stands, but we (thats if we can get her) may need to organise a dogsey run....somehere half way...and yes it would be useful to know if she has met other dogs.

Mine will be ok, as for the cats they will stay out of her way....we have so many dogs come here (friendswise) that they couldn't care less. The rest of the animals are secured, I think (hopefully) she will just be glad of some TLC
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
HI

here is the email i recieved today from sbt rescue

Karen.

I am awfully sorry, but I am afraid not.

'We' think she is a 'cross' - and therefore we are unable to help,
as the 'Rescue' can only help and accommodate 'pure' SBT's.

(Please look at the length of her legs.)

I am terribly sorry, and hope that you can find someone to help her.

Kind regards.

peter murdoch
you lot are amazing i will ask all the questions you have asked for to the dog warden in the morning, they never answer emails for some reason but i will ring them as soon as they open. and i will get straight back on here and pm Stevie..bless you all
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 10:41 PM
fantastic Steph, you are a true star !!! and your right she would lap up the love xxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 10:46 PM
mmmnnn, its not a picture you can tell much from but then I suppose I am not an expert, also she is so skinny she will have lost all her muscle tone so who can say, regardless I dont think they are being purposefully unhelpful they probably just dont have the room and know that it will only get worse,

I have popped the link on our rescue forum too, asking if anyone at all could help.

If I could help at all with rescue I would but am simply too far away however would be happy to ask around to see if anyone could help..
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 10:46 PM
No probs, the door is always open for dogs and children alike.

Find out as much info as poss please, it will be a great help for me to build a bigger picture if I need to be aware of anything. xxx

cheers
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
No probs, the door is always open for dogs and children alike.

Find out as much info as poss please, it will be a great help for me to build a bigger picture if I need to be aware of anything. xxx

cheers
i will first thing tomorrow
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >