View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 02:11 PM
I get it quite often by friends and when I meet some one. They ask if I have kids yet, my answer is no, usually it follows by are you planning on having any?, my answer no. Oh so you are [I]never[[I] having kids then, my answer is no plans at this stage.
Nothing better than mothers day this year. three people said happy mothers day to me then ummed and arrrred as then they realised I don't have any kids. After that I got, oh for the future children you will have, oh thats right I am sorry (as if I am a mutant for not having any) so on the third one after they apologised I just smile and said thats ok it can be from my two boys (dogs).
People can be strange in their notion that you have to have kids to be happy. Just smile at them and realise they are the ones that are missing out as I don't need to have kids to be happy and content.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 02:53 PM
It's such a coincidence you posted this as today as I've just been thinking exactly the same thing.

I went to our local agricultural show this afternoon with all 3 of mine. They were pulling on the leads a bit (to get to the burger van ) and for a minute I felt a bit embarrassed wondering what people would think that they weren't walking nicely next to me.

But then I passed this woman with a toddler who was having a complete tantrum. He was kicking and screaming and his mum had no control whatsover. Suddenly a big grin came on my face...to think I was worried about a bit of lead pulling

Give me dogs anyway
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
It's such a coincidence you posted this as today as I've just been thinking exactly the same thing.

I went to our local agricultural show this afternoon with all 3 of mine. They were pulling on the leads a bit (to get to the burger van ) and for a minute I felt a bit embarrassed wondering what people would think that they weren't walking nicely next to me.

But then I passed this woman with a toddler who was having a complete tantrum. He was kicking and screaming and his mum had no control whatsover. Suddenly a big grin came on my face...to think I was worried about a bit of lead pulling

Give me dogs anyway

Oh yes, I work in a supermarket and omg the kids I have seen having complete tantrums is amazing, at least when I say no to the setter babes, they know I mean it... well most of the time
I'm not anti kids, I used to be a childminder, but I do get fed up with so called friends asking why I have all my dogs.

Thanks again Dogsey peeps, its nice to know I am not quite insane yet... only for my beloved setters
carleyaves
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2009, 09:21 PM
1. i think some people grow up never ever having a pet.
2. some people have a pet because thats what you do (ie kids want a gerbil).
3. some people love animals.

people who love animals include them in their family and could never go home to an empty pet free house, could never walk by a distressed animal and would welcome any lost waif or stray if it turned up on there doorstep. people who love animals are questioned by others because they don't understand and they never will.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 09:50 PM
There are also.... dog 'owners'
and.... dog 'people'
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by Moli View Post
Having 2 dogs and 5 cats, I get it all the time, I will be adding another cat in a months time, and people look at me as if I am daft..They assume with all these animals my home must stink...It certainly doesn't!..Personally I prefer the company of animals to people most of the time!
I've got 6 cats and 2 dogs and I definately prefer their company to most peoples.I used to work with a guy who didn't have any animals and didn't like them and he just couldn't understand why I had so many and he constantly felt the need to have a dig, but he was a miserable git and it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks.
carleyaves
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
There are also.... dog 'owners'
and.... dog 'people'
totally agree with you Tupac!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
I've got 6 cats and 2 dogs and I definately prefer their company to most peoples.I used to work with a guy who didn't have any animals and didn't like them and he just couldn't understand why I had so many and he constantly felt the need to have a dig, but he was a miserable git and it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks.
Nuff said
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4