Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What size?
Small 7 9.21%
Medium 13 17.11%
Large 32 42.11%
A mix of the above 24 31.58%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Big dogs for me love a big cuddly bear of a dog oh and Jack russells, though they are mini big dogs
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I love rotties for what they are, if they were suddenly tiny over night I would still love em, though I would need to keep an eye out for dougie stepping on em,
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
It`s the breeds I love, not so much the size. One of my GSPs is small for the breed and one is big for the breed. Most of my GSDs have been on the small side, apart from one.
However, both breeds are classsed as large, so that`s what I`ve put.
Just what I was thinking. I love leos as a breed rather than just purely size. But I would lean on the large size I guess
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
My Flat Coats are falling inbetween your medium and large dogs!!!!! They are bigger than Labs but probably smaller than your average GSD...
I like my big dogs though....I like them a lot. I do like some small dogs and would consider them in the future perhaps...but I love my big dogs. I would be scared I would stand on a smaller dog to be honest.
Thats exactly what I'd of put lol
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 11:27 AM
it seems larger dogs are more popular on the whole, i also would worry about tripping over a small dog :S
doodleprincess
New Member!
Female 

11-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Large dogs for me everytime.
I did consider a small dog but there just not for me. I also feel more protected when out with a big dog
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
thanks guys, some really interesting thoughts on it. i personally like a mix, but i wonder, with those of you with a mix of large and small, do you ever worry about the small ones getting hurt. a friend of mine said her basset hound died when their large dog accidentally jumped on its back when playing.
Accidents happen in all sizes of dogs and a basset isn't exactly a small breed is it? compared to others? Some of the smaller breeds are more feisty and tenacious than the bigger ones. I have a right mix and match of sizes, mostly large-medium and one small breed, my little mini dachs. I also have 6 cats, they all play together, you just have to use common sense and watch your dogs. Bear the rottie has played with Star lab x since she was 8 weeks old and it's more likely for her to accidentally hurt him by getting over zealous than he hurting her.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
it seems larger dogs are more popular on the whole, i also would worry about tripping over a small dog :S
I do wonder if this has more to do with the sort of age group that use this forum?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Medium, definitely. I love large/giant breeds but prefer the practicalities of medium breeds. If I got a giant breed, I'd have to rearrange my whole house, get a new car, etc., so having a medium sized dog just fits in with my lifestyle.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Come to think of it, I like some small breeds too. I'd have a small breed as long as it was larger than a cat -- one of my cats is the devil personified and I would fear for the dogs life!!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >